+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What is wrong with PVP?

Soulwalker

Default What is wrong with PVP?

I played WOW for maybe like 5 years, later switched to Allods Online. In both games i was a tank, in both i played PVP.. In wow i was arena geared and kicked *** of every red target that came close.. Now i decided to give Rift a chance, but i'm already thinking that something is terribly wrong with this game.. I played for a week tanking dungeons and farming. I haven't had a chance to encounter a true pvp yet, beside some level 60 ganking people level 20. Yesterday i encountered something I NEVER encountered in any game.. I'm now level 39 and thinking allready about quitting because of what happened.. I got ganked by some caster level 25 and he killed me. I can't tell you what class it was coz they all look pretty much the same to me. I mean i know im a tank with slow damage and stuff.. But even my gear was from dungeons he didn't had access to, and I tried to make a revange fight 2 times and got killed every time.. Not that i'm a total noob.. I mean how hard can it be to play a palladin tank.. it's easy like rolling your face on the keyboard.. In every dungeon i seemed to do very well.. i even soloed one boss when the others wiped.. so please tell me what makes level 25 so strong he can beat living hell out of a tank 14 levels higher.. I should 2 shot that guy, yet his resist stuff worked very well, he healed allot too, and his damage burst was WAAAYYY higher then any i seen during tanking any dungeons.. I mean this is stupid, i played Allods online where rich people can buy runes and become totally OP or make low level reincarnations of their main char, and still i havent seen anyone level 25 who could kill level 39 tank with epics and dungeon gear. Even in such unfair game as Allods Online, you arent OP untill you level up and upgrade your gear.,. Someone please tell me what class is so OP.. I donno this game so well, but what i encountered seem extremely stupid.. Give me feedback before i start looking for more pvp friendly game, coz i still wanna give rift a chance, but the gap started closing rapidly after yesterdays encounter.

Maybe the other character I'd twinked with pvp gear, essences, and fully runed. I have transferred zone currency and converted currency to planarite to my alts to gear them in addition to crafting them with runes. As far as the level difference, yeah, that shouldn't happen, though.

Just wait until you're level 60 and you'll easily faceroll those mages in cloth.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutona View Post
    I played WOW for maybe like 5 years, later switched to Allods Online. In both games i was a tank, in both i played PVP.. In wow i was arena geared and kicked *** of every red target that came close.. Now i decided to give Rift a chance, but i'm already thinking that something is terribly wrong with this game.. I played for a week tanking dungeons and farming. I haven't had a chance to encounter a true pvp yet, beside some level 60 ganking people level 20. Yesterday i encountered something I NEVER encountered in any game.. I'm now level 39 and thinking allready about quitting because of what happened.. I got ganked by some caster level 25 and he killed me. I can't tell you what class it was coz they all look pretty much the same to me. I mean i know im a tank with slow damage and stuff.. But even my gear was from dungeons he didn't had access to, and I tried to make a revange fight 2 times and got killed every time.. Not that i'm a total noob.. I mean how hard can it be to play a palladin tank.. it's easy like rolling your face on the keyboard.. In every dungeon i seemed to do very well.. i even soloed one boss when the others wiped.. so please tell me what makes level 25 so strong he can beat living hell out of a tank 14 levels higher.. I should 2 shot that guy, yet his resist stuff worked very well, he healed allot too, and his damage burst was WAAAYYY higher then any i seen during tanking any dungeons.. I mean this is stupid, i played Allods online where rich people can buy runes and become totally OP or make low level reincarnations of their main char, and still i havent seen anyone level 25 who could kill level 39 tank with epics and dungeon gear. Even in such unfair game as Allods Online, you arent OP untill you level up and upgrade your gear.,. Someone please tell me what class is so OP.. I donno this game so well, but what i encountered seem extremely stupid.. Give me feedback before i start looking for more pvp friendly game, coz i still wanna give rift a chance, but the gap started closing rapidly after yesterdays encounter.

It could be someone who mentored down to lvl 25 for quests/rifts etc.... when u mentor down from lets say lvl 60, u get to keep all ur learned skills with minor nerfs to dmg, so indeed he will hurt u.
    "Did we just slip into some alternate dimension where I actually give a flying ducky about what you say and do?"

Sounds like a L2P issue.
    Last edited by Moirg; 04-29-2014 at 06:36 AM.

Soulwalker

So it's basically someone lev 60 with 60 gear and stuff who mentored down to lev 25 to quest, thanks for answers.
    Last edited by Plutona; 04-29-2014 at 07:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutona View Post
    So it's basically someone lev 60 with 60 gear and stuff who mentored down to lev 25 to quest, thanks for answers.
    Not necessarily. PvP in this game is balanced (and I use the word "balanced" in its broadest meaning) around level 60 PvP gear which has huge reductions to player damage on it. That gear is not present below 60, so everything is even more absurdly over-powered than it is at 60, where TTK is about 3 seconds if you're max geared.
    Last edited by Ianto Jones; 04-29-2014 at 10:08 AM.

+ Reply to Thread