+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 37
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Are Trion developers playing Warriors or something?

  1. #1
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    434

    Default Are Trion developers playing Warriors or something?

    I am just wondering why nothing has happened to curtail the ridiculous state of warriors in PvP at the moment?

    It isn't bad enough that some are running around with 40k+ hp with 1500+ Single Target DPS....making the entire "glass cannon" idea completely worthless.

    But it gets worse.

    Just in a game, 43.4k hp warrior.

    4th in DPS, just average, probably between 800-900 single target DPS, but still why should he have average dps AND 43k hp.......that is one question.

    Also, 5th in Healing, with over 150k healed during a Black Garden warfront, and you can see him using his own healing abilities, when we peeled him off.

    So lets get this straight.

    Trion think it is ok for one class to:

    1, have roughly 18k more HP then other players.
    2, Have the same dps as those players
    3, be able to heal 150k health over the course of a warfont.

    All in one build.

    You have to ask what is going on?

    Is there a group of developers working on PvP that are playing warriors and thus not interested in changing their ability to dominate in warfronts?

  2. #2
    General of Telara Sheo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    975

    Default

    I can have 45+ k hp and I`m a mage.



    That build probably wl/paly with that high hp, if you die because of it.....

    1.5 k st dps is not high, assassin can do 4 k.

    Leave warlords alone. We can thank them for getting frontline back.
    Sheona/Faynee <VANEN> , <Apotheosys>

  3. #3
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    434

    Default

    I have played, I don't know how many, probably two thousand plus warfronts, over 100,000 player kills, mainly in Warfronts, and I have never seen an assassin hit 4k dps. Maybe in the first 1 sec of their attack..but realistically, no.

    The most I have seen in Warfront (discounting silly AoE fluff damage) is about 2k. Usually on people that live in Warfronts and are extremely well geared.

    Average DPS for ordinary mortals in Warfronts is between 800-1200 dps.

    I have also never seen a mage with that much HP able to pump out any reasonable DPS.

    Just in a warfront with a warrior with 51k hp and more than average dps.

    That is almost double the average HP amongst the "Glass Cannon" souls. I know my MM has somewhere in the region of 25k.
    Last edited by Drakanish; 04-29-2014 at 03:39 AM.

  4. #4
    General of Telara Sheo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drakanish View Post
    I have played, I don't know how many, probably two thousand plus warfronts, over 100,000 player kills, mainly in Warfronts, and I have never seen an assassin hit 4k dps. Maybe in the first 1 sec of their attack..but realistically, no.

    The most I have seen in Warfront (discounting silly AoE fluff damage) is about 2k. Usually on people that live in Warfronts and are extremely well geared.

    Average DPS for ordinary mortals in Warfronts is between 800-1200 dps.

    I have also never seen a mage with that much HP able to pump out any reasonable DPS.

    Just in a warfront with a warrior with 51k hp and more than average dps.

    That is almost double the average HP amongst the "Glass Cannon" souls. I know my MM has somewhere in the region of 25k.
    Assassin has no aoe. I didn't say he is ordinary assassin, but I will check again later and amend if necessary.

    My dps roughly 5-600 XD. But my hps can be 4-5 k. Sometimes around 6k or more if crowded like scion or cq.

    Wl dps partly aoe, so 1.5 k for a wl not high. Good wls can do in bg (para subsoul, not test or duel) 4 k. Clear the beach and killing field fyi. Can you see the dps parts on your dps meter? Clear the beach can be 30-40% of a wl dps.

    Wl/paly looks scary but not dangerous.
    Sheona/Faynee <VANEN> , <Apotheosys>

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    135

    Default

    Drakanish what spec do you even play on Rogue some of the numbers you are crunching out are pretty low to be honest. I have had parses of 2.5k as Sin and 2.2k as Ranger the whole warfront you must be doing something wrong ?

    that's what warriors are for tho smashing it up on the frontline. I don't see the point in the endless QQ on Warlord to be honest when you can pull just as much if not more as Rogue depending on the warfront.
    Last edited by Liryc; 04-29-2014 at 04:43 AM.

  6. #6
    Ascendant asianguywithacamera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brodian View Post
    1.5 k st dps is not high, assassin can do 4 k.

    Leave warlords alone. We can thank them for getting frontline back.
    4k sustained is a bit high. Well-geared ST melee will push about 2300-2700 sustained on another P90 character in a warfront, higher if they lack valor.

  7. #7
    Plane Touched RainDogs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    224

    Default

    mostly myrm 33k hitpoints

  8. #8
    General of Telara Sheo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asianguywithacamera View Post
    4k sustained is a bit high. Well-geared ST melee will push about 2300-2700 sustained on another P90 character in a warfront, higher if they lack valor.
    It was exactly 4.3 k and not bg but a test. Chloro vs sin.

    Your right In bg probably lower.
    Sheona/Faynee <VANEN> , <Apotheosys>

  9. #9
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    434

    Default

    I do find it somewhat irritating though that this is not a discussion about whether Warriors should have 40+k HP and similar DPS to the "average" player, plus the ability to heal very large amounts in some builds, but rather comes down to an individuals interpretation of what DPS is "average".

    WF are spread across EU servers, I have been in WFs with some of the best PvP players, including posters on here. Some surprise the hell out of me with their survivability and DPS levels, but when I am in a WF with them, I quickly learn why...because they are usually fully decked out.

    MOST players are not fully decked out in PvP gear.

    Which is why I talked about the "average" as I see.

    I could quarrel with you regarding your interpretations, the way that actual pvp is very different to fighting an unbuffed dummy, I could discuss how some builds fair better in different warfronts.

    However, I think most people accept that between 800-1200 is about average dps in a Warfront, people above that level are doing well.

  10. #10
    Ascendant Lords0fpain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drakanish View Post
    I am just wondering why nothing has happened to curtail the ridiculous state of warriors in PvP at the moment?

    It isn't bad enough that some are running around with 40k+ hp with 1500+ Single Target DPS....making the entire "glass cannon" idea completely worthless.

    But it gets worse.

    Just in a game, 43.4k hp warrior.

    4th in DPS, just average, probably between 800-900 single target DPS, but still why should he have average dps AND 43k hp.......that is one question.

    Also, 5th in Healing, with over 150k healed during a Black Garden warfront, and you can see him using his own healing abilities, when we peeled him off.

    So lets get this straight.

    Trion think it is ok for one class to:

    1, have roughly 18k more HP then other players.
    2, Have the same dps as those players
    3, be able to heal 150k health over the course of a warfont.

    All in one build.

    You have to ask what is going on?

    Is there a group of developers working on PvP that are playing warriors and thus not interested in changing their ability to dominate in warfronts?
    And I thought they only played rogues...maybe only 2 devs assigned...one plays rogue and one a warrior....would explain a lot...
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

    ~Daglar

  11. #11
    Ascendant asianguywithacamera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drakanish View Post
    I do find it somewhat irritating though that this is not a discussion about whether Warriors should have 40+k HP and similar DPS to the "average" player, plus the ability to heal very large amounts in some builds, but rather comes down to an individuals interpretation of what DPS is "average".
    Based upon the thread title and the last sentence of your original post, it is about warriors, so I'm not sure what point you're trying to bring across? Is it about warriors and their hp, mitigation, and dps or is it about average players and their inability to kill someone who has grinded for the gear and is better-equipped?

  12. #12
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    731

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drakanish View Post
    I am just wondering why nothing has happened to curtail the ridiculous state of warriors in PvP at the moment?

    It isn't bad enough that some are running around with 40k+ hp with 1500+ Single Target DPS....making the entire "glass cannon" idea completely worthless.

    But it gets worse.

    Just in a game, 43.4k hp warrior.

    4th in DPS, just average, probably between 800-900 single target DPS, but still why should he have average dps AND 43k hp.......that is one question.

    Also, 5th in Healing, with over 150k healed during a Black Garden warfront, and you can see him using his own healing abilities, when we peeled him off.

    So lets get this straight.

    Trion think it is ok for one class to:

    1, have roughly 18k more HP then other players.
    2, Have the same dps as those players
    3, be able to heal 150k health over the course of a warfont.

    All in one build.

    You have to ask what is going on?

    Is there a group of developers working on PvP that are playing warriors and thus not interested in changing their ability to dominate in warfronts?
    this is no new, warlord is the only soul that can tank/dps/have more utilities than any other soul/ 50% more hp than any other dps soul/ etc etc all at the same time. Yes probably all devs play warrior that's why they are OP. But Assasin is OP also both souls should be nerfed very hard but devs just keep buffing both souls so my answer is roll a warrior or rogue.

  13. #13
    Champion of Telara Kajib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drakanish View Post
    I have played, I don't know how many, probably two thousand plus warfronts, over 100,000 player kills, mainly in Warfronts, and I have never seen an assassin hit 4k dps. Maybe in the first 1 sec of their attack..but realistically, no.

    The most I have seen in Warfront (discounting silly AoE fluff damage) is about 2k. Usually on people that live in Warfronts and are extremely well geared.

    Average DPS for ordinary mortals in Warfronts is between 800-1200 dps.

    I have also never seen a mage with that much HP able to pump out any reasonable DPS.

    Just in a warfront with a warrior with 51k hp and more than average dps.

    That is almost double the average HP amongst the "Glass Cannon" souls. I know my MM has somewhere in the region of 25k.
    I have noticed that you use Rift Meter, it's bad for representing true PvP dps since it doesn't refresh each time you engage into a fight like Simple Meter or Super Meter.

    Try Simple Meter then you will see 4k dps burst happening.

  14. #14
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    282

    Default

    Or keep crossing your fingers that every week you can scrap up enough marks to buy 2 or 3 Depleted boxes and then hope again against all odds that you might get something useful to help you do more dmg in pvp, if not tough luck just wait another 7 days to get a small chance at it again! If this does not appeal to you, then you can always play Conquest, and premade it up. After 2 months of winning at least 3 times a day, you might get lucky and have a small chance of recieving an upgrade to your gear, if not tough luck! Just keep on at it another 2 months!

    If above does not appeal to you, then you could start school again for 7 years to have enough education to get a real well paid job, buy hundreds of Depleted Boxes in the rift store for all your salary, and you might have a small chance to get an upgrade so you can compete top level pvp, if not then tough luck! Just study another 7 years to double the salary.

    Have fun in PvP!
    Flukeyy
    <Deep And Dry>

  15. #15
    Ascendant butkus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drakanish View Post
    I am just wondering why nothing has happened to curtail the ridiculous state of warriors in PvP at the moment?

    It isn't bad enough that some are running around with 40k+ hp with 1500+ Single Target DPS....making the entire "glass cannon" idea completely worthless.

    But it gets worse.

    Just in a game, 43.4k hp warrior.

    4th in DPS, just average, probably between 800-900 single target DPS, but still why should he have average dps AND 43k hp.......that is one question.

    Also, 5th in Healing, with over 150k healed during a Black Garden warfront, and you can see him using his own healing abilities, when we peeled him off.

    So lets get this straight.

    Trion think it is ok for one class to:

    1, have roughly 18k more HP then other players.
    2, Have the same dps as those players
    3, be able to heal 150k health over the course of a warfont.

    All in one build.

    You have to ask what is going on?

    Is there a group of developers working on PvP that are playing warriors and thus not interested in changing their ability to dominate in warfronts?
    get over it already-anyone with half a brain knows this is a troll post like all the others.whats the "big time"heals that warlord has?no permission to die,20% on killing blow-lmfao.battle field medic-lol like you can spam it and kep yourself up-not.

    thats pretty much all warlords have for d-cds- hitpoints is the only thing that give it durability.a good rogue will cut threw half in the first 5 sec of a fight.if your having trouble killing warlords as a rogue your playing wrong.

    rogue and clerics are without question the best pvp classes in game and your asking for warriors nerfs,lmfao.

    a pure warlord dps build is not a good 1 vs 1 spec-its good with pocket healer but so are any other specs/class in game.find a warlord whos full dps-and duel him-if you cant kill him 1 vs 1 its a L2P issues like is aid.

    warlord pulls are being nerf for no good reason-and you wan tmore nerfs,lmfao.what spec can warriors play outside of warlord?slipway is a great tool-use it.
    I did not invent Warladin I perfected it!
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts