+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: 3v3 Tournament hosted by <--Godlike Awesomeness--> May 10th dedicated to Junlar.

Default 3v3 Tournament hosted by <--Godlike Awesomeness--> May 10th dedicated to Junlar.

Where: Godlike Arena (Guild Dimension)@Deepwood
    3v3 Tournament hosted by <--Godlike Awesomeness-->  May 10th dedicated to Junlar.-junlar.jpg
    When: Saturday May 10th at 6:30 PM Server Time
    Where to watch: http://www.twitch.tv/grimgamertv/

Format/Rules : 8 Teams Playoff style. Best 3 out of 5 for round one, best 3 out of 5 for semifinals, and best 4 out of 7 for finals. NEW: There will be a 3rd place game before the finals. (Best 3 out of 5 for the 3rd place game)

1. All classes and specs are legal.
    2. All gear is legal.
    3. All consumables are legal.
    4. We will wait for up to two min for CD's to be ready per match.
    5. Going out of the arena during a match is a DQ.
    6. Soul Walk is not allowed
    7. No running back into the active game if you have been killed.
    8. Battle Rez is legal.
    9. Three healer teams will not be allowed due to time constraints.
    10. Using Jete's Bouncemaster 5000 is a DQ.
    11. Disconnects are unfortunate, but there will be no match redo's if a player d/c's during an active game.

Prizes (so far): 1st Place
    Six REX (Two per team member).
    Six 160% Token Tablets (Two per team member)
    RG's generous prize pack (Key to dimension Black Garden and plat)

Prizes 2nd Place:
    Three REX (One per Team member)
    Three 160% Token Tablets (One per team member)

Prizes 3rd Place.
    300 plat (100 per team member)

Teams so far:
    "Two Deeps one Cup" (IN)
    Aborticus and friends (IN).
    Ezuen and friends (IN)
    RG and friends (IN)
    "BDP" (IN)
    Aveleys and friends (IN)

"The Commonwealth" (TBA)
    Virral and Friends (TBA)

Post below, or send Aloegel@Deepwood a tell in game if you have a 3v3 team you wish to enter.
    The Bracket will be posted by may 5th at http://www.riftpvpdimensions.com/god...tournament.php.
    Last edited by Aloegel; 04-29-2014 at 01:46 AM.

Default .....

two deeps one cup, lmfao.

Uhmmm I didn't sign up! I have a legal obligations exam the next day so I kinda need to study for that lol :P

Telaran

I'm just warning you that this tournament is going to suffer the same fate as the last tourney . It will just be a dps train on the healer until said healer is dead. No real coordination, no timing of CC, etc. I'll sum up the commentating that Grim will make for everyone: "okay, they are going to dps the cleric/physician, the healer is dying, gg the healer is dead."

I appreciate the fact that you're making another tourney and dedicating it to a noble cause, but I'm sure there's a better way to structure it (or perhaps there isn't because structured pvp is hard to pursue due to Rift's soul system?). Otherwise, it's going to end up with the same results as last time which wasn't very entertaining to watch imo. I wrote up a long statement about what happened to Trunk's group last time, but I'm too lazy to find it and link it.

Anyways, good luck to all those participating in the tourney, but I'm sure many already know what the results will look like.

Quote Originally Posted by veeru View Post
    I'm just warning you that this tournament is going to suffer the same fate as the last tourney . It will just be a dps train on the healer until said healer is dead. No real coordination, no timing of CC, etc. I'll sum up the commentating that Grim will make for everyone: "okay, they are going to dps the cleric/physician, the healer is dying, gg the healer is dead."

I appreciate the fact that you're making another tourney and dedicating it to a noble cause, but I'm sure there's a better way to structure it (or perhaps there isn't because structured pvp is hard to pursue due to Rift's soul system?). Otherwise, it's going to end up with the same results as last time which wasn't very entertaining to watch imo. I wrote up a long statement about what happened to Trunk's group last time, but I'm too lazy to find it and link it.

Anyways, good luck to all those participating in the tourney, but I'm sure many already know what the results will look like.
    Unless I'm much mistaken, this could be a post-2.7 match, in which case Dominator might well be God.

On the other hand, I haven't bought enough PvP lockboxes to be able to compete. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Aveleys View Post
    Uhmmm I didn't sign up! I have a legal obligations exam the next day so I kinda need to study for that lol :P

no problem, gl with your exam

At 5 teams.
    (two teams are TBA)
    One open spot for a 3v3 team .
    Last edited by Aloegel; 04-29-2014 at 10:37 AM.

"Two Deeps one Cup" (IN)
    Aborticus and friends (IN)
    Ezuen and friends (IN)
    RG and friends (IN)
    "BDP" (IN)

NEW TEAM:
    Gankt and friends (IN)

at six teams now, with two TBA.

Ascendant

Default to make it fair...

1. Should've make it 4vs4 or 5vs5 at least.
    2. Only PvP gear with PvP consuambles (and no greaters pvp essences or myrm trinkets which are still very rare while they make significant impact) You can eventually add the RIFT consumables which are easy to get. Also no PvP consumables from PvP lock boxes (some of them are slighty better than the pve ones but not everyone will have them as it's stupid rng based.
    - relic pve consumables are OP and pretty expensive which will punish those who do pvp only and dont have mats / plat to get them.

Another important thing is T3 PvE weapons. Last time we had some discussion about replacing PvP weapons with top PvE ones which can give an edge to certain specs like WL etc. It was when we had only T2 weapons, with T3 weapons the difference is even bigger.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Aloegel View Post
    no problem, gl with your exam
    Thanks! <3

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Aloegel View Post

2. All gear is legal.
    So basically ...this is a tournament for people who have T2 relic weapons that run with a defiler. Let's see, relic weapons give about... what? 30~35% more dmg? (306 dps compared to 430 dps) Awesome, I'm in... not.
    Nerfshot/Slowshot/Noobshot

Ascendant

Op pve trinkets are in line so this tourny should be more balanced than the last one.

I wish i still played this seems pretty fun

Teams so far: (7/8)

"Two Deeps one Cup" (IN)
    Aborticus and friends (IN)
    Ezuen and friends (IN)
    RG and friends (IN)
    "BDP" (IN)
    Gankt and friends (IN)
    Bneal and friends (IN)

Virral and Friends (TBA)
    "The Commonwealth" (Not sure)

Tournament is likely full, but still feel free to send me a tell in game if you wish to enter a team. A spot may open up.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by veeru View Post

I don't see why coordinated CC would not work in 3v3?, it even works in 5v5. Any player with half a brain and teamspeak can coordinate enough to not break eachothers CC with fluff aoe and dots, comon its a tournament, at least people can try to work as team lol.
    Flukeyy
    <Deep And Dry>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast