+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SennaGreybriar

Thread: Conquest and healing

Shadowlander

Default Conquest and healing

having healed conquests since it began and having been in rift since beta.. I find myself wanting to stop healing AOE... and here is why. As cleric healer at R90 and full planar points and epic gear I can keep the raid alive for extended times. I prefer to use the warden role. Dangers of the Deep is fundamental in this role, and keeping 4 or 5 stacks up is fundamental in the warden role. With the lag that exists now (i have a great internet connection and gaming pc and traceret tells me its not the hops between my system and the trion servers).. i am running at minimum settings and full object distance.. there is a fair amount of lag that exists in pitched battles. There are many more roles being used that have a pull in ie. warrior... As often the top raid healer in the battle one player can target me and pull me into their group.. as most people that do conquests know. This amounts to instant death for me. So what this equivalent to is wiping the raid by one person with one ability. Is that reasonable? Lag is instrumental in this equation as it permits the caster to use it as a way of destroying the main raid healer. Although it is fun for the caster to wipe a raid by taking out the main healer, to me it seems unfair that one person has the ability to wipe a raid using lag by using their pull in ability. I think this needs to be looked at by trion because I'm sure I'm not the only healer that feels this way. And before you say.. get to the back of the raid don't forget that i have to be in some range (30m) to cast keep deeps up... but even still warriors will run forward with me targeted and suck me in. This never used to be a problem but with more warriors its making healing raids a lag infested mess.
    Senna

Quote Originally Posted by SennaGreybriar View Post
    having healed conquests since it began and having been in rift since beta.. I find myself wanting to stop healing AOE... and here is why. As cleric healer at R90 and full planar points and epic gear I can keep the raid alive for extended times. I prefer to use the warden role. Dangers of the Deep is fundamental in this role, and keeping 4 or 5 stacks up is fundamental in the warden role. With the lag that exists now (i have a great internet connection and gaming pc and traceret tells me its not the hops between my system and the trion servers).. i am running at minimum settings and full object distance.. there is a fair amount of lag that exists in pitched battles. There are many more roles being used that have a pull in ie. warrior... As often the top raid healer in the battle one player can target me and pull me into their group.. as most people that do conquests know. This amounts to instant death for me. So what this equivalent to is wiping the raid by one person with one ability. Is that reasonable? Lag is instrumental in this equation as it permits the caster to use it as a way of destroying the main raid healer. Although it is fun for the caster to wipe a raid by taking out the main healer, to me it seems unfair that one person has the ability to wipe a raid using lag by using their pull in ability. I think this needs to be looked at by trion because I'm sure I'm not the only healer that feels this way. And before you say.. get to the back of the raid don't forget that i have to be in some range (30m) to cast keep deeps up... but even still warriors will run forward with me targeted and suck me in. This never used to be a problem but with more warriors its making healing raids a lag infested mess.
    Senna
    make the joke on them, go dps for awhile...they recognize healers names. You will still get pulled for awhile, but cuts time for your other healers. Agree though, there should at minimum a counter to those pulls...but, that calls for some balance...would not hold my breathe.
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

~Daglar

Please move to the existing PvE section of the forum under this thread:

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...finity-cq.html

+ Reply to Thread