+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Make Conquest map selection 100% random each hour

Plane Walker

Default Make Conquest map selection 100% random each hour

Like most of you, I prefer Stillmore. It goes faster, the map is more enjoyable to navigate, you can still win at timer, etc..etc..

But, I think it would add a whole new element to the game if those folks forming premades would do so without knowing exactly which map they would be playing. I think it would also encourage more people to lead/play the Steppes conquest (right now a large majority of folks just skip Steppes and only play in Stillmore.)

My idea is that the decision as to whether Stillmore or Steppes would be chosen would come right at the 0 second mark on the UI.

Nothing would stop people from entering and leaving as soon as they saw it was the map they didn't want.
    MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

Plane Touched

Add 3rd castle or delete steppes, the map sucks as a objective map.
    Flukeyy
    <Deep And Dry>

They may as well start placing all the PvE raids in Steppes, as that's where they belong. There's more PvE in the Steppes CQ then in a GH5 on Derpwood.

Ascendant

New CQ is very one sided and favor premades which is main reason why there's close to no pvp (at least on EU)

On the Stillmore map you can at least cap some extractors for the daily, while on Steeps its not possible, because it's way too easy to control the map and everybody sees your position on the map when you carry the stone.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Default ......

enjoy it while you can, trion is slowly phasing out pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelorean View Post
    Like most of you, I prefer Stillmore. It goes faster, the map is more enjoyable to navigate, you can still win at timer, etc..etc..

But, I think it would add a whole new element to the game if those folks forming premades would do so without knowing exactly which map they would be playing. I think it would also encourage more people to lead/play the Steppes conquest (right now a large majority of folks just skip Steppes and only play in Stillmore.)

My idea is that the decision as to whether Stillmore or Steppes would be chosen would come right at the 0 second mark on the UI.
    No no no

Steppes is the dumbest, most boring, pve centered crap hole around. Plz let us skip it. I'm fine with every other one

I think 10 minutes before CQ starts, in the cq tab it lets u choose stillmoor or steppes....whichever gets most votes by the 5min Mark is the one that is played
    Last edited by Rgizil; 04-28-2014 at 07:24 PM.
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

You are aware of the nature of randomness, right? You open up the possibility of getting many Steppes CQs in a row. Nobody wants that. Nobody.

Plane Touched

Random CQ map with a 2 hour deserter debuff if you bail.

Seriously though Steppes map sucks and if it's the one going on at the time, I don't even bother and go off and do something more productive and join back right near the end if I have a friend in there that can call out for me.

It's a waste of time sadly.

How will I know when to avoid CQ? Accidentally entering a Steppes CQ is like stepping on a steaming pile of dog poop. With bare feet.

Except when I'm just going in to leech at timer. Then Steppes ftw.
    Stir@Greybriar
    Stirr@Greybriar
    Stirrr@Greybriar
    Stirrrr@Greybriar
    You have sent too many chat messages.

A chance to make conquest more random will definitely make it in next patch.

Plane Touched

Are OP suggestinng to make EVEN MORE things RNG in this game? omfg.... No thanks, go dig yourself down in a hole.
    Flukeyy
    <Deep And Dry>

Quote Originally Posted by Aelorean View Post

a full steppes match, during primetime, goes much faster than stillmoor.
    what makes it less appealing for most players is it is less familiar. they still don't know how the map works or what they should be doing. very often, the short sightedness of the pugs leads them into doing the wrong thing at the wrong time and losing because of it.

also, you realise that right now we have each map 50% of the time. if you were to randomise the maps, averaged out you would have each map 50% of the time.
    at least with the current setup you know what map is coming and can avoid if you wish.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    also, you realise that right now we have each map 50% of the time. if you were to randomise the maps, averaged out you would have each map 50% of the time.
    It is not quite that straight forward. I believe this is what you are suggesting.

I think for the average player, the threshold between small and large samples would make a significant difference.

For example, if the sample size suggests that an entire primetime on any given day of the week could easily be 100% of one particular map, then players who cannot play every day may go the entire duration of the time window for a day they can play dealing with a particular map. Now, they could get lucky and those circumstances could apply to a map they prefer, but it could just as easily be a "bad luck" streak. The only way for it to be guaranteed 50% over a sample that meets a threshold of relatively small sample would be for them to alternate (without server crashes).

~Cheers

Assistant

Nothing wrong with knowing what map you are getting into. I like that I can predict the CQ map. I never was a fan since the random Q came out though, it not telling you which map you are playing. I never in my fps days connected to a random map server. I connected to a server with the map I wanted to play. I don't like this whole, take a mystery queue, get the map you least want to play, design. Guess I am opposite, I don't see what would be wrong with changing the random queue to say which WF you are about to enter. Let alone making CQ maps random.

The enjoyment difference for me between Steppes and SM is ridiculous. I'd have given up on more CQ's. I stayed up time to time for Steppes games. But I wouldn't want 25m when It's already sort of late and I don't know what is coming. I just think knowing the next CQ is beneficial.
    Last edited by Violacea; 05-01-2014 at 02:23 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast