+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By V1rul3n7

Thread: Fix unintentional premade stacking in Conquest

Plane Walker

Default Fix unintentional premade stacking in Conquest

How hard can it be to ensure that, when a premade enters conquest, it goes on a team that does not currently have a premade on it? I mean, the logic is really straightforward and one has to assume that the game is coded at least good enough to handle kind of situation.

Anyway, I'm writing this because the fact that there are teams with THREE premades on it, and other teams with none, is rather silly. I can tell you that, generally speaking, whether you're on a premade or not, most people do not like premade stacking.

And, for those who are not good at reading comprehension, please note that this is not an "anti-premade" posting, nor am I accusing anyone of intentional premade stacking.

Ascendant

It is my opinion the games system takes the highest ranked player in any grouping and matches that whole grouping up to one other person of the same rank (or ELO) on the other team. So in essence twenty people are balanced against one other person on the other side. Now the game will try to balance numbers after such a discrepancy occurs, but it could repeat this process and you get stacked PMds. Obviously it doesn't have a working process to ensure this doesn't happen, because it does.

This would explain unbalanced CQ PM stacking as well as why in a wf there are five people on the enemy team already that i know are full of r90 PM players and i have two people on my team until thirty seconds after the match starts. And at that the other four players who eventually get on my team are half in pve gear-most definitely not other r90 players like should have entered to counter the other side.
    Last edited by Wrastion; 04-28-2014 at 12:09 AM.

Plane Walker

Your hypothesis is cool ..and I can believe it might be true.

So, yea, still needs fixed/changed.

And there I was under the logical assumption that people intentionally stacked conquest teams for rewards.

Just another day in the borked game called Rift.
    -=[ Virulent - 65 - P100 | Harlakk - 65 - P100 | Ascaroth - 62 - P95 | Brahman - 65 - P92 ]=-
    -=[ VirulentX - 70 - P100 | Harlakk - 70 - P92 | Ascaroth - 60 - P10 | BrahmanX - 1 - P0 ]=-
    | VIRALIST: 65 |

This would also explain why I'm constantly stacked with PvE geared bads in Warfronts.
    -=[ Virulent - 65 - P100 | Harlakk - 65 - P100 | Ascaroth - 62 - P95 | Brahman - 65 - P92 ]=-
    -=[ VirulentX - 70 - P100 | Harlakk - 70 - P92 | Ascaroth - 60 - P10 | BrahmanX - 1 - P0 ]=-
    | VIRALIST: 65 |

Ascendant

Just delete CQ and Rift becomes 55% better.

There is no need for adjustments.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Tookmyjob View Post
    Just delete CQ and Rift becomes 55% better.

There is no need for adjustments.
    I enjoy conquest quite a bit when the Rift matchmaker doesn't utterly destroy it. It's raiding for pvp and it's quite a bit of fun when you have a good leader and each time has a relatively reasonable chance of winning. (PUGs can definitely win against a premade ...but, stacked premades, if they're good, are tough to beat.)

People that cannot find anything good about conquest are a bit closed-minded, in my opinion. Sure, there might be better ways to do "pvp raiding"; however, until they are implemented, I'd rather keep what we have than have nothing at all.

+ Reply to Thread