Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Warlord, In general.

Default Warlord, In general.

http://postimg.org/image/y7wg605ab/ - 13,315 Damage with Shield

http://postimg.org/image/6783fs6wb/ - 14,130 Damage with Shield

http://postimg.org/image/u9bsb344v/ - 18,628 Damage with Shield

http://postimg.org/image/7q5bf7g4f/ - 11,406 Damage with Shield

Mean damage = 14,370

I've been Myrmidon for literally what, two days now on Warrior. That's why im using the shield (Plus I prefer durability over damage)

As a comparison here is the best pre-burning fury nerf crit chain i've ever managed to capture with pyromancer. 21,222 Damage (As a total overkill finisher I should add)

So basically it's fine for Warlord to do 15kish frontend DPS now.

But having pyro do 22kish backend damage is un-acceptable?

Oh not to mention..

Warlord cannot be kited - Into the Breach Spam

Pulls are silly overpowered - Anybody who disagree's is wrong

Similar AoE dps to a Stormcaller - Yes, seriously.

And around half the mitigation of a pure tank.

All with the ability to defer death!

I've never seen anything so nerfworthy in all my time playing this game.

I should add that pretty much every warfront i will see at least one 5k crit with little to no effort, infact you can get by playing warlord with one button its that borked.
    Last edited by V1rul3n7; 04-27-2014 at 05:37 PM.
    -=[ Virulent - 65 - P100 | Harlakk - 65 - P100 | Ascaroth - 62 - P95 | Brahman - 65 - P92 ]=-
    -=[ VirulentX - 70 - P100 | Harlakk - 70 - P92 | Ascaroth - 60 - P10 | BrahmanX - 1 - P0 ]=-
    | VIRALIST: 65 |

inb4 defiler/inq can solo warlord and lol in their face / and win with full hp.
    Martym@Seastone Rank 82 Mage
    Munstane - R83 Warrior -Godlike Awesomeness- @ Deepwood
    YUBERXMEGA R80 Cleric - Terrible Idea @ Deepwood
    http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/5129/3548n.jpg

why is posting results of you attacking 20k players okay when you're the OP?

Telaran

Seemed to me like you were hitting a lot of low geared players. That is not impressive at all nor does it make me think Warlord is OP. Now when I can Cinderburst a warlord+ geared player for 10k on my freelancer mage I actually get pretty damn excited and I don't think it needs to get nerfed and I see a LOT of 5k crits with absolutely no effort and from range too!. I don't know what everyone's issues are with other classes. Every class has something overpowered at any time and as far as AoE damge goes, if you are stacking in a group you deserve to get destroyed by AoE damage. When a dom drops a bunch of circles on the ground and destroys everyone's energy and debuffs everyone to hell and I'm hit by it I don't cry "Dom is OP!", instead I insult myself for having stacked with a group in the first place. Don't bunch up like lemmings. If I hit 5 players through the entire duration of my killing field its their fault for not realising and moving away from each other. Also ItB is only spammable for 15 seconds every minute and that means you have to use one GCD to use it so now you only have 13.5 seconds left of Battlefield Experience and if only that meant anything because you probably will have to use it again since you are still rooted and thats 11seconds left of BE. I've spent the entire duration of BE charging from player to player because of roots and stuns. It's not as over powered as everyone likes to think. Post some pics of you doing that damage to Fully geared cleric healers and we might have something. Even then I welcome mages doing 22k burst on whatever healer I'm attacking. Anything that helps me kill my target is welcome regardless of what class its coming from.

Ascendant

You shouldn't compare ranged dps to melee dps, though pulls could use some tweak.

The way I would like to see pulls working is by channellable target ground aoe which shows as red circle for enemy and after 2.5sec pulls everybody who's standing inside it. Basically if you would like to pull someone he would have to be either slowed, stunned, confused etc. or just not pay attention. (like in cq when there's plenty of other aoes cast and it's hard to see)

PvP wise pulls are too strong, because there's no counter play and positioning means nothing, since you'll get insta pulled in to enemy zerg anyway. It should be 61 point ability so not every warrior would've such easy access to it.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Rift Chaser

u haven't met a good MM kiting u around. As for Inq/def, those with myr or relic might be.

Anyway, u r more geared than those u attacking. Y not post the those same gear as u or even full relic gears?

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysHealNeverDie View Post
    You shouldn't compare ranged dps to melee dps, though pulls could use some tweak.

The way I would like to see pulls working is by channellable target ground aoe which shows as red circle for enemy and after 2.5sec pulls everybody who's standing inside it. Basically if you would like to pull someone he would have to be either slowed, stunned, confused etc. or just not pay attention. (like in cq when there's plenty of other aoes cast and it's hard to see)

PvP wise pulls are too strong, because there's no counter play and positioning means nothing, since you'll get insta pulled in to enemy zerg anyway. It should be 61 point ability so not every warrior would've such easy access to it.
    Usually when you are shielded completely I.E not the receive 50% up to X damage, I mean the absorbs 6k damage, Shields like that prevent you from being pulled. I am never able to use my 0 warlord pull on enemies shielded by a purifier. the ability gets completly greyed out
    Thats the only way to counter, or if you just happen to have abilities like fleet of foot from paragon already active
    A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves. -Lao Tzu

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by V1rul3n7 View Post
    http://postimg.org/image/y7wg605ab/ - 13,315 Damage with Shield

http://postimg.org/image/6783fs6wb/ - 14,130 Damage with Shield

http://postimg.org/image/u9bsb344v/ - 18,628 Damage with Shield

http://postimg.org/image/7q5bf7g4f/ - 11,406 Damage with Shield

Mean damage = 14,370

I've been Myrmidon for literally what, two days now on Warrior. That's why im using the shield (Plus I prefer durability over damage)

As a comparison here is the best pre-burning fury nerf crit chain i've ever managed to capture with pyromancer. 21,222 Damage (As a total overkill finisher I should add)

So basically it's fine for Warlord to do 15kish frontend DPS now.

But having pyro do 22kish backend damage is un-acceptable?

Oh not to mention..

Warlord cannot be kited - Into the Breach Spam

Pulls are silly overpowered - Anybody who disagree's is wrong

Similar AoE dps to a Stormcaller - Yes, seriously.

And around half the mitigation of a pure tank.

All with the ability to defer death!

I've never seen anything so nerfworthy in all my time playing this game.

I should add that pretty much every warfront i will see at least one 5k crit with little to no effort, infact you can get by playing warlord with one button its that borked.
    Dude. You do not understand how to read your parser. You are showing damage done over a period of time. The dps (damage per second) you are putting out is actually low for any dps. What makes it even more pathetic is warlord has AOE which inflates your numbers but you seem incapable of understanding the difference.

On my warlord I do two to three times more damage than you. Several mages I know perform as good or better.

But man.... you are entertaining.
    Last edited by Sidvader; 04-27-2014 at 07:15 PM.

Plane Walker

Wl is overpowered because it has way too much mitigation that is always active, remove all the passive mitigation it has and give it a Nb like defensive cd and it'd be much more balanced.

A pull on 8s cd is also ridiculous.
    Last edited by Honeymoon; 04-27-2014 at 07:19 PM.
    Luxie@greybriar
    Healmesloots@deepwood

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Honeymoon View Post
    Wl is overpowered because it has way too much mitigation that is always active, remove all the passive mitigation it has and give it a Nb like defensive cd and it'd be much more balanced.

A pull on 8s cd is also ridiculous.
    NB is actually a better pvp spec than warlord for a variety of reasons. Warlord is a front line melee class. It is ridiculous to state Warlord is OP and the devs are not stupid. In other words, the spec is not going to change or be nerfed.

Lol. Amazing.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Sidvader View Post
    NB is actually a better pvp spec than warlord for a variety of reasons. Warlord is a front line melee class. It is ridiculous to state Warlord is OP and the devs are not stupid. In other words, the spec is not going to change or be nerfed.

Lol. Amazing.
    You also said that tempagon running around 1 shotting fully geared people wasn't imba.

Lol. Amazing.
    Luxie@greybriar
    Healmesloots@deepwood

Soulwalker

Warlord, in general, will tell you who your bads are on both sides. On one side, the players attacking the warlord, and then of course the warlords themselves. It can absolutely be kited all day long, its dps is meh at best and with so many other viable good specs there is no point to WL. Ok so its frustrating to try to kill one? who cares, its not like hes going to be killing you quickly.

Champion of Telara TheDoomgiver's Avatar

so, you were in 61 warlord?

or a WL/pally build?

if you are in 61 warlord, and you are unable to kill a half-freelancer defiler.... something has to be wrong somwhere.

what kind of subsouls to people favour

i might try this warlord thing
    stormhak stormbar stormkvinde kagestorm stormelver

Quote Originally Posted by Sidvader View Post
    Care to make a wager? Rift is a gambling game now, after all.
    Last edited by Ianto Jones; 04-27-2014 at 08:53 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast