+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 215
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Warlord, In general.

  1. #1
    Ascendant V1rul3n7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,343

    Default Warlord, In general.

    http://postimg.org/image/y7wg605ab/ - 13,315 Damage with Shield

    http://postimg.org/image/6783fs6wb/ - 14,130 Damage with Shield

    http://postimg.org/image/u9bsb344v/ - 18,628 Damage with Shield

    http://postimg.org/image/7q5bf7g4f/ - 11,406 Damage with Shield

    Mean damage = 14,370

    I've been Myrmidon for literally what, two days now on Warrior. That's why im using the shield (Plus I prefer durability over damage)

    As a comparison here is the best pre-burning fury nerf crit chain i've ever managed to capture with pyromancer. 21,222 Damage (As a total overkill finisher I should add)

    So basically it's fine for Warlord to do 15kish frontend DPS now.

    But having pyro do 22kish backend damage is un-acceptable?

    Oh not to mention..

    Warlord cannot be kited - Into the Breach Spam

    Pulls are silly overpowered - Anybody who disagree's is wrong

    Similar AoE dps to a Stormcaller - Yes, seriously.

    And around half the mitigation of a pure tank.

    All with the ability to defer death!

    I've never seen anything so nerfworthy in all my time playing this game.

    I should add that pretty much every warfront i will see at least one 5k crit with little to no effort, infact you can get by playing warlord with one button its that borked.
    Last edited by V1rul3n7; 04-27-2014 at 05:37 PM.
    -=[ Virulent - 65 - P100 | Harlakk - 65 - P100 | Ascaroth - 62 - P95 | Brahman - 65 - P92 ]=-
    -=[ VirulentX - 70 - P100 | Harlakk - 70 - P92 | Ascaroth - 60 - P10 | BrahmanX - 1 - P0 ]=-
    | VIRALIST: 65 |

  2. #2
    Ascendant Pesmergia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,735

    Default

    inb4 defiler/inq can solo warlord and lol in their face / and win with full hp.
    Martym@Seastone Rank 82 Mage
    Munstane - R83 Warrior -Godlike Awesomeness- @ Deepwood
    YUBERXMEGA R80 Cleric - Terrible Idea @ Deepwood
    http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/5129/3548n.jpg

  3. #3
    Ascendant spaceboots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,760

    Default

    why is posting results of you attacking 20k players okay when you're the OP?

  4. #4
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    52

    Default

    Seemed to me like you were hitting a lot of low geared players. That is not impressive at all nor does it make me think Warlord is OP. Now when I can Cinderburst a warlord+ geared player for 10k on my freelancer mage I actually get pretty damn excited and I don't think it needs to get nerfed and I see a LOT of 5k crits with absolutely no effort and from range too!. I don't know what everyone's issues are with other classes. Every class has something overpowered at any time and as far as AoE damge goes, if you are stacking in a group you deserve to get destroyed by AoE damage. When a dom drops a bunch of circles on the ground and destroys everyone's energy and debuffs everyone to hell and I'm hit by it I don't cry "Dom is OP!", instead I insult myself for having stacked with a group in the first place. Don't bunch up like lemmings. If I hit 5 players through the entire duration of my killing field its their fault for not realising and moving away from each other. Also ItB is only spammable for 15 seconds every minute and that means you have to use one GCD to use it so now you only have 13.5 seconds left of Battlefield Experience and if only that meant anything because you probably will have to use it again since you are still rooted and thats 11seconds left of BE. I've spent the entire duration of BE charging from player to player because of roots and stuns. It's not as over powered as everyone likes to think. Post some pics of you doing that damage to Fully geared cleric healers and we might have something. Even then I welcome mages doing 22k burst on whatever healer I'm attacking. Anything that helps me kill my target is welcome regardless of what class its coming from.

  5. #5
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,840

    Default

    You shouldn't compare ranged dps to melee dps, though pulls could use some tweak.

    The way I would like to see pulls working is by channellable target ground aoe which shows as red circle for enemy and after 2.5sec pulls everybody who's standing inside it. Basically if you would like to pull someone he would have to be either slowed, stunned, confused etc. or just not pay attention. (like in cq when there's plenty of other aoes cast and it's hard to see)

    PvP wise pulls are too strong, because there's no counter play and positioning means nothing, since you'll get insta pulled in to enemy zerg anyway. It should be 61 point ability so not every warrior would've such easy access to it.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

  6. #6
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    355

    Default

    u haven't met a good MM kiting u around. As for Inq/def, those with myr or relic might be.

    Anyway, u r more geared than those u attacking. Y not post the those same gear as u or even full relic gears?

  7. #7
    Sword of Telara Redhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    869

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysHealNeverDie View Post
    You shouldn't compare ranged dps to melee dps, though pulls could use some tweak.

    The way I would like to see pulls working is by channellable target ground aoe which shows as red circle for enemy and after 2.5sec pulls everybody who's standing inside it. Basically if you would like to pull someone he would have to be either slowed, stunned, confused etc. or just not pay attention. (like in cq when there's plenty of other aoes cast and it's hard to see)

    PvP wise pulls are too strong, because there's no counter play and positioning means nothing, since you'll get insta pulled in to enemy zerg anyway. It should be 61 point ability so not every warrior would've such easy access to it.
    Usually when you are shielded completely I.E not the receive 50% up to X damage, I mean the absorbs 6k damage, Shields like that prevent you from being pulled. I am never able to use my 0 warlord pull on enemies shielded by a purifier. the ability gets completly greyed out
    Thats the only way to counter, or if you just happen to have abilities like fleet of foot from paragon already active
    A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves. -Lao Tzu

  8. #8
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by V1rul3n7 View Post
    http://postimg.org/image/y7wg605ab/ - 13,315 Damage with Shield

    http://postimg.org/image/6783fs6wb/ - 14,130 Damage with Shield

    http://postimg.org/image/u9bsb344v/ - 18,628 Damage with Shield

    http://postimg.org/image/7q5bf7g4f/ - 11,406 Damage with Shield

    Mean damage = 14,370

    I've been Myrmidon for literally what, two days now on Warrior. That's why im using the shield (Plus I prefer durability over damage)

    As a comparison here is the best pre-burning fury nerf crit chain i've ever managed to capture with pyromancer. 21,222 Damage (As a total overkill finisher I should add)

    So basically it's fine for Warlord to do 15kish frontend DPS now.

    But having pyro do 22kish backend damage is un-acceptable?

    Oh not to mention..

    Warlord cannot be kited - Into the Breach Spam

    Pulls are silly overpowered - Anybody who disagree's is wrong

    Similar AoE dps to a Stormcaller - Yes, seriously.

    And around half the mitigation of a pure tank.

    All with the ability to defer death!

    I've never seen anything so nerfworthy in all my time playing this game.

    I should add that pretty much every warfront i will see at least one 5k crit with little to no effort, infact you can get by playing warlord with one button its that borked.
    Dude. You do not understand how to read your parser. You are showing damage done over a period of time. The dps (damage per second) you are putting out is actually low for any dps. What makes it even more pathetic is warlord has AOE which inflates your numbers but you seem incapable of understanding the difference.

    On my warlord I do two to three times more damage than you. Several mages I know perform as good or better.

    But man.... you are entertaining.
    Last edited by Sidvader; 04-27-2014 at 07:15 PM.

  9. #9
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    436

    Default

    Wl is overpowered because it has way too much mitigation that is always active, remove all the passive mitigation it has and give it a Nb like defensive cd and it'd be much more balanced.

    A pull on 8s cd is also ridiculous.
    Last edited by Honeymoon; 04-27-2014 at 07:19 PM.
    Luxie@greybriar
    Healmesloots@deepwood

  10. #10
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Honeymoon View Post
    Wl is overpowered because it has way too much mitigation that is always active, remove all the passive mitigation it has and give it a Nb like defensive cd and it'd be much more balanced.

    A pull on 8s cd is also ridiculous.
    NB is actually a better pvp spec than warlord for a variety of reasons. Warlord is a front line melee class. It is ridiculous to state Warlord is OP and the devs are not stupid. In other words, the spec is not going to change or be nerfed.

    Lol. Amazing.

  11. #11
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    436

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sidvader View Post
    NB is actually a better pvp spec than warlord for a variety of reasons. Warlord is a front line melee class. It is ridiculous to state Warlord is OP and the devs are not stupid. In other words, the spec is not going to change or be nerfed.

    Lol. Amazing.
    You also said that tempagon running around 1 shotting fully geared people wasn't imba.

    Lol. Amazing.
    Luxie@greybriar
    Healmesloots@deepwood

  12. #12
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Warlord, in general, will tell you who your bads are on both sides. On one side, the players attacking the warlord, and then of course the warlords themselves. It can absolutely be kited all day long, its dps is meh at best and with so many other viable good specs there is no point to WL. Ok so its frustrating to try to kill one? who cares, its not like hes going to be killing you quickly.

  13. #13
    Champion of Telara TheDoomgiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,336

    Default

    so, you were in 61 warlord?

    or a WL/pally build?

    if you are in 61 warlord, and you are unable to kill a half-freelancer defiler.... something has to be wrong somwhere.

  14. #14
    Rift Chaser Rahak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    394

    Default

    what kind of subsouls to people favour

    i might try this warlord thing
    stormhak stormbar stormkvinde kagestorm stormelver

  15. #15
    Ascendant Ianto Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sidvader View Post
    NB is actually a better pvp spec than warlord for a variety of reasons. Warlord is a front line melee class. It is ridiculous to state Warlord is OP and the devs are not stupid. In other words, the spec is not going to change or be nerfed.
    Care to make a wager? Rift is a gambling game now, after all.
    Last edited by Ianto Jones; 04-27-2014 at 08:53 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts