+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Conquest winner chest.

Default Conquest winner chest.

Get rid of it and make it auto loot or something.

Countless zergfests at the eye, with 2 teams tied, and neither team gets to loot.

If you spend an hour in CQ and tie, you deserve your loot.
    Martym@Seastone Rank 82 Mage
    Munstane - R83 Warrior -Godlike Awesomeness- @ Deepwood
    YUBERXMEGA R80 Cleric - Terrible Idea @ Deepwood
    http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/5129/3548n.jpg

Plane Walker

The better solution would simply be to have the two winning (or three winning) "tied" teams immediately turn green to each other.

This would allow for a greater chance to get the chest without removing the whole "chest mechanic" completely. I do agree with you that it's insanely frustrating at ties -- but, in general, I like the idea of the chest when there is a one winner. A few extra kills is always nice

Rift Chaser

NO! This is PVP! Treat the Chest box as a EPIC END GAME BOSS, defeat it and loot it! And dun be too GREEDY to loot it b4 u defeat the enemies guarding it.... Loot the enemies body when they die, so u will have lesser warm bodies to defeat.

working as intended.
    I'd prefer to keep it this way (and yes, I've been denied chest loots too, on occasion).

if you want the loot so bad, step up and do what needs to be done to take it.

P.S. have fun convincing your PvE geared team of dps clerics that if they want to loot, they need to step up and do what needs to be done too - like switching to heal specs and maybe think about getting some pvp gear some time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

I love ties in cq. So many favor, much pots.

Ascendant

The fact that CQ is barely pvp but a mass zergfest of people that, in general want to stack groups of PMds and crush the opposition to get "end loot pvp gear" makes me laugh.

I.e a lot of regular CQ players who i dont even consider good players or even pvpers probably have most the end game pvp gear since its primarily gotten via CQ grinding on PM teams, yet the actual regular pvpers dont.

Thats like your average player receiving epic pve gear without actually accomplishing anything at all.

The only thing epic about it is its epically failed implimentation.

0 CQ power ftw.

Shouldnt pve epic gear (all of it) technically be acquired via CQ following this line of reasoning?

Rift Chaser

I had also countless zergfests at the eye, with 2 and 3 teams tied.
    We often fight till the battlefield were closed and no one received loot. PvP is nice, if you have enough time. Conquest is unbalanced (in several ways) and does not make fun. Players had also made more proposals for improvement, but...

Daglar wrote in another closed thread http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...elopers-2.html We take a lot into consideration, and then we look at the bigger picture as we must...

Therefore I do not play more PvP in Rift. This may be the only way, so they can see the development of their changes.
    Last edited by Maelya; 04-28-2014 at 12:09 AM.

Soulwalker

Default Rics

Quote Originally Posted by Maelya View Post
    We often fight till the battlefield were closed and no one received loot. PvP is nice, if you have enough time. Conquest is unbalanced (in several ways) and does not make fun. Players had also made more proposals for improvement, but...

Daglar wrote in another closed thread http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...elopers-2.html We take a lot into consideration, and then we look at the bigger picture as we must...

Therefore I do not play more PvP in Rift. This may be the only way, so they can see the development of their changes.
    Random Rare drops of Rics is the worst part of the Chest system. I have seen people get 6 to 8 Radient Infinity Cells in a week. I have seen others who just turned 60 with no hope of using a Ric for months loot them. I have seen lvl 90 players with no more armor to purchase for pvp who need Rics to upgrade their myrmidon armor get zero Rics , win after win after win.

I have seen raid leaders win rics over and over, yet they say it is totally random, totally luck.

Give me a reward system that is earned, not luck, and people will not afk at the zone if their team starts out losing or log in at timer. There should be locks outs once the raid is started within 5 minutes, and Rics should be earned by level. If you are not 90, you should not be able to loot a Ric and store it for months in the bank. You should get the reward that you need to upgrade the armor you have. Just my humble opinion.

Definitely agree with Lastbreath. It's a slap to the face. Since when did MMO gear progression have anything to do with winning the lottery?

I despise WoW, but even Blizzard Activision hasn't done this...lol.

Soulwalker

Trion has managed to draw a solid line between PvE and PvP gear. Why they decided to introduce a PvE upgrade part for PvP is beyond me and equally frustrating.

The DiC on the other hand was a great idea and should have been the initial and ONLY upgrade path option for Myrm gear.

I can't think of a single person I know that used their RiCs to upgrade PvP gear, only PvE gear. Is that what was intended?

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Ludikrus View Post
    I can't think of a single person I know that used their RiCs to upgrade PvP gear, only PvE gear. Is that what was intended?
    My guild, and everyone I play with, have all used them to upgrade pvp gear because that's what they do in the game.

I'd never use it on PVE gear -- it'd be a waste. Getting good enough pve gear to raid whatever tier I want to raid is easy -- it's just a matter of grinding enough of 'whatever' marks. Getting the BEST pve gear, while fun/nice/cool/whatever, is great -- but it's not necessary to raid: all that's necessary is to have "good enough" gear. Therein lies the difference between pve and pvp: the raid bosses don't continue to get better gear when you're not there fighting him. Unless there is a design change, he's always exactly the same.

Soulwalker

My guild, and everyone I play with, have all used them to upgrade pvp gear because that's what they do in the game.
    For a guild that only does PvP, that makes sense. Doesn't alter the fact that the greater populous of players in Rift do more than just PvP and I reckon a great many of them are farming the upgrade cell for their PvE progression just like the people I know.

I'd never use it on PVE gear -- it'd be a waste. Getting good enough pve gear to raid whatever tier I want to raid is easy -- it's just a matter of grinding enough of 'whatever' marks. Getting the BEST pve gear, while fun/nice/cool/whatever, is great -- but it's not necessary to raid: all that's necessary is to have "good enough" gear. Therein lies the difference between pve and pvp: the raid bosses don't continue to get better gear when you're not there fighting him. Unless there is a design change, he's always exactly the same.
    Getting the best gear isn't necessary for either PvE or PvP, it just provides a bigger benefit as you get closer to BiS.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelya View Post

Agreed. I love the PvP, but CQ is the gayest design of PvP in MMO history besides Age of Conan which is tied.

Daglar writes a lot and never ever provides. I just ignore his posts honestly. Maybe when he actually delivers I'll start reading them.

Plane Touched

Delete the chest as a whole
    Flukeyy
    <Deep And Dry>

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    working as intended.
    I'd prefer to keep it this way (and yes, I've been denied chest loots too, on occasion).

if you want the loot so bad, step up and do what needs to be done to take it.
    My thoughts exactly. I've never yelled at my desk in a fit of rage until that one time I couldn't loot the chest (seriously my husband was like '...you okay?') but I wouldn't change it at all.

Earn it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast