+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Warriors in PvP

Ascendant

Default Warriors in PvP

In the 50 and the 55 brackets are stupidly OP. Does it get better at 60?

Two warriors can disassemble pretty much any team I've played on. I can't outheal a single warrior's damage, let alone two. Is there a single class that can stand up to the control and dps of a warrior?

Very disheartened. I cam back after over two years hiatus to this. Not planning to stay if it stays this ridiculous at 60.

If you cannot outheal a single warrior's damage that is honestly an issue with how you're playing. All good dps specs are OP at that level mainly because of the absence of skilled healers and the low hp to dps ratio.

Shadowlander

Default sorry to break this to you....

It gets better. Warriors may have some power on some things but they dont have power on other things. The best thing to do is adjust your role as much as you can to meet the changing conditions.. understand your opponents weaknesses and try to work off of that and what your team composition is.. try to learn your role better. It's pretty frustrating at the early mid levels but as you progress it gets better but still at times frustrating.. You lose but win too. I've been playing since beta and I've seen alot of changes.. there was a time when nobody would play warrior because it was so underpowered.. there was a time when clerics were way OP.. now bards are doing some serious hps and dmg... and with the new souls comming.. who knows.. but the point is.. just keep trying different things.. different roles .. pick up ideas from others around you and keep trying...
    Senna (R90 cleric).

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Aveleys View Post
    If you cannot outheal a single warrior's damage that is honestly an issue with how you're playing. All good dps specs are OP at that level mainly because of the absence of skilled healers and the low hp to dps ratio.
    Interesting. Because I was just in a WF with two healers: myself and a mage. And 3 warriors gibbed our entire team. They had one cleric on their side and he was nuking me.

Must be me, though.

Quote Originally Posted by astrocanis View Post
    Interesting. Because I was just in a WF with two healers: myself and a mage. And 3 warriors gibbed our entire team. They had one cleric on their side and he was nuking me.

Must be me, though.
    tell us your class/spec and what you do when a melee train is on you.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by SennaGreybriar View Post
    It gets better. Warriors may have some power on some things but they dont have power on other things. The best thing to do is adjust your role as much as you can to meet the changing conditions.. understand your opponents weaknesses and try to work off of that and what your team composition is.. try to learn your role better. It's pretty frustrating at the early mid levels but as you progress it gets better but still at times frustrating.. You lose but win too. I've been playing since beta and I've seen alot of changes.. there was a time when nobody would play warrior because it was so underpowered.. there was a time when clerics were way OP.. now bards are doing some serious hps and dmg... and with the new souls comming.. who knows.. but the point is.. just keep trying different things.. different roles .. pick up ideas from others around you and keep trying...
    Senna (R90 cleric).
    Thanks. Just not sure how much misery I'm willing to put up with before it gets better.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Aveleys View Post
    tell us your class/spec and what you do when a melee train is on you.
    I have tried different cleric builds. Every DPS build I've tried I last fractions of seconds. Healing, at the moment, I'm doing heavy Sent with some in Pur and zero in warden. Forgot what the template build is called.

I'm just discouraged. I played PVP a lot but quit a little over two years ago to play other things. I was rank 7 at the time and had full PvP gear. I remember it being hard, but nothing like it is for me now. I realize I probably don't know what I'm doing any more, but this is ~not~fun.

I have tried different cleric builds. Every DPS build I've tried I last fractions of seconds. Healing, at the moment, I'm doing heavy Sent with some in Pur and zero in warden. Forgot what the template build is called.

I'm just discouraged. I played PVP a lot but quit a little over two years ago to play other things. I was rank 7 at the time and had full PvP gear. I remember it being hard, but nothing like it is for me now. I realize I probably don't know what I'm doing any more, but this is ~not~fun.
    Do you click all your abilites? do you keyboard turn and backpedal?
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Plane Touched

The game is decently fast paced, but most of all you need the help of others. it is an MMO. No matter what Teamplay will always be victorious over individual skill. and if a group has both individual skill and good teamplay you are in for a hard one.

Since overall skill level is low in Rift pvp, you might not always get the support you need from other players in order to excel, the issue might not just be on you.
    Flukeyy
    <Deep And Dry>

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    I'm a keyboarder. I have accumulated over 1.7 million favor since I started playing. I'm not a complete newb, but I am apparently a noob. Very frustrated at the moment.

Doesn't help that apparently nobody else in the 55+ range has a clue how to PvP either.

well cleric dps can wreck warriors. shaman is very strong.

For healing spec 11 points into cabalist. this will let you teleport out of a pull and remove the cc from you (so a paragon stun for example).

Then you have healer's covenent (40%) less damage. Use that when you're being trained. Then you have urgency for a speed boost. Once you get renewed altruism you can chain all your cooldowns, becoming incredibly hard to kill.

If you aren't managing cooldowns and kiting than a bunch of any dps is going to kill you. But no warrior should ever kill a sent 1v1 in this bracket. Even 2-4v1 you can use cooldowns and kite and hope you team peels them.

If you're being focused this much you're probably not well positioned either, always pre kite so you don't make yourself an easy target.

Now that I've been helpful I can go back to trolling. Good luck!

Anything before max level is weird. Some classes are so OP (or at least feel like they are)

All you can do is keep your chin up, try not to get discouraged and hang in there..knowing that at max level you will be the "OP" one that everyone qq's about.

Here's a great thread that one of the best clerics in the game (Valnak) made. It's full of great advice, tips and specs.

so gud

Also, don't forget to make sure you have the best gear you can get. Clerics are heavily reliant on gear/essences/etc.

Hope this helps!

PS- your team should also be peeling. Make a wf macro that says "DUH, I can't heal you if I'm dead"
    Last edited by Misun; 04-27-2014 at 03:59 PM. Reason: dog meat is not medicine
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Lol I gib Warriors in that bracket with Pyro.

Pyro is twice as OP as Warrior in that bracket.
    Martym@Seastone Rank 82 Mage
    Munstane - R83 Warrior -Godlike Awesomeness- @ Deepwood
    YUBERXMEGA R80 Cleric - Terrible Idea @ Deepwood
    http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/5129/3548n.jpg

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    I still do.

You can do all that and still beat 99% of Rift players, including the ones that dont click or keyboard turn.

The only thing i havent figured out yet is how to get a pug group to compete against a PM, but thats not just a Wrastion issue. Lol.

Ascendant

I'm a keyboarder. I have accumulated over 1.7 million favor since I started playing. I'm not a complete newb, but I am apparently a noob. Very frustrated at the moment.

Doesn't help that apparently nobody else in the 55+ range has a clue how to PvP either.
    Are you mobile or do you stand still a lot? Do you use pacify? Do you los people or utilize the terrain to stay out of sight? Try full sent 4 puri for healing flare (you are no longer immobile) and rest in justicar for beefiness or warden for crit%, some hots, and a splash of aoe.

If your team gets run over and you as the healer are getting ganged up on only thing you can do is get better at living longer until the inevitable. Derpy teams should fail.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast