+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Warriors in PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Drakanish View Post
    That is how it should be.

That is not how it is.

How can you argue with Warfronts that show Warriors top of the damage list, time and time again.

Then look at the individual warrior and see 39-45k hp

These are just basic facts, you can try and deny them, but anyone who does a warfront can see for themselves.

I do not need to prove it, go join a warfront, look at who is in the top 5 damage dealers, then target them and look at their HP pool.

What you will see is someone doing as much DPS as anyone else, with far greater HP.
    Warriors are not always top. I don't know where you are getting this. Especially with 45k hp warriors lol....
    Martym@Seastone Rank 82 Mage
    Munstane - R83 Warrior -Godlike Awesomeness- @ Deepwood
    YUBERXMEGA R80 Cleric - Terrible Idea @ Deepwood
    http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/5129/3548n.jpg

Fik
    Rift Chaser

This entire thread of bandwagon warriors remind me of when I played a nightshade in DAOC. I used to think I was some amazing pvp'er unmatched by anyone due to pure skills!. But I was just playing a OP toon.
    Last edited by Fik; 04-29-2014 at 07:36 AM.

If nobody played warriors we would see mostly ranged classes in wfs since playing melee in general would suck a lot more. Somebody needs to act as a sponge in the front line and have a significant amount of threat. It is easy to shutdown melee and ranged classes can easily coordinate,kite and hide in the back lines. I'm not saying pulls are the solution, although they are definitely useful without pockets and when it is hard to jump into the enemies side when they are stuck together like glue. Melee has to deal with continuous cc, damage and drains. if they were easy to burst down then everyone would roll range. It is mentioned many times in previous topics, warriors simply do not have many options: it would be nice to be able to mana drain; or have useful abilities that are higher in the soul tree in warrior tanking souls but being a tank does not have much of a place in a warfront. (ie doing objectives: fang damage based on % of hp, and domination no hide like rouges, requires heals and bads to hit you for it to be effective.

If warriors become easier to take down then a healer then.... there needs to be something for it to be worth playing in a warrior. If there is one thing I'm concerned about it is the more stats you have, the bigger the bonus in stats granted by talents. Most of the time well played high geared warriors seem stand out a lot indestructible and seen very large threat. However if everyone in a warfront decides to go range and you're a warrior (or even the only one in your team) then good luck!
    I am the meister of my body and soul.
    Euphoria is my virtue, and sense is my imagination.
    I have collapsed over a thousand times.
    Neither aware of restrain... nor known to be sane.
    I have no regrets, this is the only path.

Quote Originally Posted by SpellwarriorX View Post
    If nobody played warriors we would see mostly ranged classes in wfs since playing melee in general would suck a lot more. Somebody needs to act as a sponge in the front line and have a significant amount of threat. It is easy to shutdown melee and ranged classes can easily coordinate,kite and hide in the back lines. I'm not saying pulls are the solution, although they are definitely useful without pockets and when it is hard to jump into the enemies side when they are stuck together like glue. Melee has to deal with continuous cc, damage and drains. if they were easy to burst down then everyone would roll range. It is mentioned many times in previous topics, warriors simply do not have many options: it would be nice to be able to mana drain; or have useful abilities that are higher in the soul tree in warrior tanking souls but being a tank does not have much of a place in a warfront. (ie doing objectives: fang damage based on % of hp, and domination no hide like rouges, requires heals and bads to hit you for it to be effective.

If warriors become easier to take down then a healer then.... there needs to be something for it to be worth playing in a warrior. If there is one thing I'm concerned about it is the more stats you have, the bigger the bonus in stats granted by talents. Most of the time well played high geared warriors seem stand out a lot indestructible and seen very large threat. However if everyone in a warfront decides to go range and you're a warrior (or even the only one in your team) then good luck!
    Sounds to me like your basically saying warriors have to be overpowered to be viable.

Yes playing melee would suck, but you know what, playing a caster really sucks right now.

Its nice you took that into consideration.

They are overpowered, they need reducing to bring them more in line with the rest of the souls in the game, that's all there is to it. They are melee, you picked melee, and now you're telling me that you dont want to get into melee combat because it might be challenging?

Why pick melee then? You're bringing a sword to a gunfight and saying the only way its fair is if everybody uses rubber bullets. That's all it basically comes down to.
    -=[ Virulent - 65 - P100 | Harlakk - 65 - P100 | Ascaroth - 62 - P95 | Brahman - 65 - P92 ]=-
    -=[ VirulentX - 70 - P100 | Harlakk - 70 - P92 | Ascaroth - 60 - P10 | BrahmanX - 1 - P0 ]=-
    | VIRALIST: 65 |

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by asianguywithacamera View Post
    Seems like a typical pug warfront
    Or you have somehow positioned yourself so far out of healers' range that, if they run after you to get that one heal off, they die immediately after.

If a class is OP, the players of that class tend to believe they are invincible and that if they are proven wrong, somehow it's a support player's fault.

How many people die to you before you go down. ~That's~ the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by astrocanis View Post
    Or you have somehow positioned yourself so far out of healers' range that, if they run after you to get that one heal off, they die immediately after.
    No. I have a cleric so I'm usually aware of LoS and distance. When I'm MM and hang back, I'd expect more heals than if I were playing Sin and pressuring their healers. I don't bother raging in pugs since it serves no good.

Someone can be mashing damage, sometimes aoes, while something like a MM is spending GCD's rooting, KB'ing or purging people making those people killable. Damage just isn't everything. A lot of aspects of true balance lie in places that scoreboards don't display.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by V1rul3n7 View Post
    Sounds to me like your basically saying warriors have to be overpowered to be viable.
    pretty much accurate.

ever since SL launched, melee has been at a huge disadvantage vs ranged.
    the only times warrior melee has been possible, has been when they've been over powered (as warlord currently is) (rogue melee has been slightly better off, due to stealth).

any time it hasn't been over powered, its been completely unplayable in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    pretty much accurate.

the only times warrior melee has been possible, has been when they've been over powered (as warlord currently is) (rogue melee has been slightly better off, due to stealth).

There are other ways around it.

Negating the entire idea of glass cannons is not the way to do that.

You want to make warriors viable in Melee range...this is how you do it.

Give them more mitigation and more HP, give them mana drain on their attacks, give them more pulls, more roots, more stuns, and more silence.

Take away their DPS.

Thus you have a melee class that needs to be taken out, can get to your healers and be that front line, can be a massive pain and basically nullify your healer if you are not paying attention.

Not give them HP, Mitigation, Pulls and DPS equal to a glass cannon.

What is the point in just making one class negate the existence of every other dps class in the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    pretty much accurate.

Just like Shaman is and Harbinger was, right?

Oh wait, that's complete and utter ********. Harbs used to completely destroy people and Shaman currently does, and neither have nor need the ridiculous tools like knockback immunity, pulls, and uncleansable 100% uptime snares that Warriors have access to.

Quote Originally Posted by Pesmergia View Post
    Warriors are not always top. I don't know where you are getting this. Especially with 45k hp warriors lol....
    In pure warlord i have 43k HP.

I've posted screenies of my ST dps.

I easily top the damage leaderboards.

I easily top warfront top50 damage done.

Warlord is overpowered.
    -=[ Virulent - 65 - P100 | Harlakk - 65 - P100 | Ascaroth - 62 - P95 | Brahman - 65 - P92 ]=-
    -=[ VirulentX - 70 - P100 | Harlakk - 70 - P92 | Ascaroth - 60 - P10 | BrahmanX - 1 - P0 ]=-

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Someone can be mashing damage, sometimes aoes, while something like a MM is spending GCD's rooting, KB'ing or purging people making those people killable. Damage just isn't everything. A lot of aspects of true balance lie in places that scoreboards don't display.
    Yeah like pulls, and roots on charges.

Which class does that.. hrmmm.

Just happens to be the same class with stupid durability, st dps, and aoe dps.

Quote Originally Posted by V1rul3n7 View Post
    In pure warlord i have 43k HP.

I've posted screenies of my ST dps.

I easily top the damage leaderboards.

I easily top warfront top50 damage done.

Warlord is overpowered.
    lol 43k hp? Are you using any endurance runes or do you have defensive posture on. What is overpowered is probably your gear and the people you are matched up against. Although I admit the (especially in warlord) talents bonuses are not fair, especially when you have bigger base stats compared to other players (although it could also be a l2p issue).

An easy fix is if everyone has the the same gear and pa attunement. Now we can finally talk about what to fairly balance. Wait a minute, scrap that, rng gear progression and stomping on players that have less of an advantage is what makes pvp worth playing for many players. <3 the conquest gear progression, the zerg for mass favor and exp and dat rng chest. Then after when I max out, stomp on fresh clueless new players in wfs.

The main problem is warlord has the many tools that are not present in any other dps soul. Warriors indeed have limited options and they can't change souls to turn the tide of a match. Warriors are meant to have a large presence front line, if you really want to talk about fair balance try putting 3 of each class in a warfront of equal prestige, rank and skill and see what happens. So you want a slight nerf? well it is a sensitive issue will it make warriors in general useless? People to to get their **** together instead of being selfish Trion is already struggling to put out more pvp content and there is still not much effort to fix small things which have caused many people already to quit. I'm all for nerfing wl after when warriors have more options, it is a known fact they are over tuned and the most viable, compared to other melee specs; especially when they are well played,have decent gear and receive heals. Then again the criteria I listed isn't so easy to tick off. Nobody would want to play a warrior as a new character in pvp, especially at level 60. Not that I really care, everyone look forward to more pve content and possibly more broken pvp content made by expert pve devs.

P.S FORUM PVP FTW! Trion should make a item in rift store that can be purchased by credits to post in this section. They'd be making a lot of money from the Q_Q that starts the debate. It used to be conquest now warriors it seems must be because all the conquest haters already left the game .

Sorry for the double post but I had to do it to get this point across "Nobody would want to play a warrior as a new character in pvp, especially at level 60" if it weren't for warlord.

Still don't think WL is op. It does not have the burst it needs to kill *REAL* healers and put out *REAL* pressure against cross healing madness.

Go ahead and nerf it, even though it isn't OP, and the good healers laugh in its face, while you do, I will be playing paragon and obliterating WL damage.

/thread
    Martym@Seastone Rank 82 Mage
    Munstane - R83 Warrior -Godlike Awesomeness- @ Deepwood
    YUBERXMEGA R80 Cleric - Terrible Idea @ Deepwood
    http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/5129/3548n.jpg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast