+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Warriors in PvP

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by astrocanis View Post
    I'm a keyboarder. I have accumulated over 1.7 million favor since I started playing. I'm not a complete newb, but I am apparently a noob. Very frustrated at the moment.

Doesn't help that apparently nobody else in the 55+ range has a clue how to PvP either.
    1.7 mil only? :O
    Flukeyy
    <Deep And Dry>

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    I still do.

You can do all that and still beat 99% of Rift players, including the ones that dont click or keyboard turn.

The only thing i havent figured out yet is how to get a pug group to compete against a PM, but thats not just a Wrastion issue. Lol.
    Thats a teamwork issue xP

You can't get people to think about other people unless they really wanted to do so.
    Flukeyy
    <Deep And Dry>

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Snusdosan View Post
    1.7 mil only? :O
    Haven't played since Feb 2012. At that point, I was a pretty good PvPer.

Thanks for stopping by. We all stand in awe of your score, I'm sure.

Plane Walker

The only people telling you warriors are not a problem at level 60 are either:

1, Warriors.
    2, Rank90 PvPers with absolutely insane gear, who are themselves massively overpowered to the ranks below them so see no problem with people facerolling for the win.

Warriors are insane at level 60, with some gear, as you state they are at 50-59.

Imagine facing off against someone with twice your HP and the same dps that you have.

That is Warriors currently.

I can't remember the last Warfront I completed that did not have 5 warriors in the top 7 for DPS. Though Warriors will tell you this is AoE damage....as if somehow that changes something....besides which it isn't true, seen too many warriors with 1200+ Single Target DPS to believe that nonsense.

They have become THE PvP class to play.

Still, don't hold your breath for Trion to fix them.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Drakanish View Post

1, Warriors.
    2, Rank90 PvPers with absolutely insane gear, who are themselves massively overpowered to the ranks below them so see no problem with people facerolling for the win.

Warriors are insane at level 60, with some gear, as you state they are at 50-59.

Imagine facing off against someone with twice your HP and the same dps that you have.

I can't remember the last Warfront I completed that did not have 5 warriors in the top 7 for DPS. Though Warriors will tell you this is AoE damage....as if somehow that changes something....besides which it isn't true, seen too many warriors with 1200+ Single Target DPS to believe that nonsense.

50k warriors don't kill anything in a group vs group environment?????
    1200 dps lol, its really low xP. if u have 25k hp, someone with 1200 dps will take 22 seconds to kill you, is that overpowered? hahahaha
    Flukeyy
    <Deep And Dry>

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Snusdosan View Post
    50k warriors don't kill anything in a group vs group environment?????
    1200 dps lol, its really low xP. if u have 25k hp, someone with 1200 dps will take 22 seconds to kill you, is that overpowered? hahahaha
    Ahem...my point made for me.

Plane Walker

What the poster above my previous post fails to consider is this, if his point was valid and he wasn't abusing the idea of DPS...

It would take 44 secs to kill the warrior.

Which is twice as long as it takes to kill you.

Besides which, DPS is an average of your damage over an extended period of time. It does not equal the exact amount of DPS that you do in any given second, most classes do NOT have a consistent level of DPS and instead their damage comes in spikes and troughs that evens out over a period of time to be 1200 damage per second.
    Last edited by Drakanish; 04-29-2014 at 05:12 AM.

Plane Touched

What the poster above my previous post fails to consider is this, if his point was valid and he wasn't abusing the idea of DPS...

It would take 44 secs to kill the warrior.

Which is twice as long as it takes to kill you.

Besides which, DPS is an average of your damage over an extended period of time. It does not equal the exact amount of DPS that you do in any given second, most classes do NOT have a consistent level of DPS and instead their damage comes in spikes and troughs that evens out over a period of time to be 1200 damage per second.
    a 50k warrior does not have any DPS cooldowns, so probably wont be any spikes from him anywhere in the given future. Start looking around in your environment for Inquisitors hiding in bushes or small dwarf rogues shooting away at you meanwhile u get pulled from a warrior. I bet it is hard to see what is really happening when your squinting at the Warrior drooling in rage.
    Flukeyy
    <Deep And Dry>

seen too many warriors with 1200+ Single Target DPS to believe that nonsense.
    Try 3k+ single target dmg with paragon, its fun

1, Warriors.

You realize PvP is balanced around max gear max level right? PvP is not balanced for any other bracket level or gear level.
    Martym@Seastone Rank 82 Mage
    Munstane - R83 Warrior -Godlike Awesomeness- @ Deepwood
    YUBERXMEGA R80 Cleric - Terrible Idea @ Deepwood
    http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/5129/3548n.jpg

Ahem...my point made for me.
    If you don't get a heal in 22 seconds you healers are pretty um... horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Pesmergia View Post
    Seems like a typical pug warfront

Plane Walker

The point was a Rank 90 making the statement.

The whole 22 secs is a misnomer and the poster knows it, as do you.

We are not talking about duels where you are the only person fighting.

We are talking about Warfronts where that DPS gets added to the pool of DPS available to the team.

In exactly the same way as the HP gets added to the pool of HP...and CC gets added to the pool of available CC abilities.

Warriors should not add as much HP AND as much DPS to the pool for their team as they currently do.

That is a simply undeniable fact.

No other class adds as much HP and DPS to the pool as Warriors currently do.

The point was a Rank 90 making the statement.

The whole 22 secs is a misnomer and the poster knows it, as do you.

We are not talking about duels where you are the only person fighting.

We are talking about Warfronts where that DPS gets added to the pool of DPS available to the team.

In exactly the same way as the HP gets added to the pool of HP...and CC gets added to the pool of available CC abilities.

Warriors should not add as much HP AND as much DPS to the pool for their team as they currently do.

That is a simply undeniable fact.

No other class adds as much HP and DPS to the pool as Warriors currently do.
    When warriors add HP, they sacrifice a ton of dps, so they aren't "adding" dps as a tank spec. Just hp.

If everyone ignores the tank that hits like a wet noodle and is absolutely not getting killing blows, all the tank can do is watch their team die while they try to tank damage that is directed at others due to the fact that he is not a threat.

Like I said somewhere else, check the Pyro and Rogue behind you.

Plane Walker

When warriors add HP, they sacrifice a ton of dps, so they aren't "adding" dps as a tank spec. Just hp.

If everyone ignores the tank that hits like a wet noodle and is absolutely not getting killing blows, all the tank can do is watch their team die while they try to tank damage that is directed at others due to the fact that he is not a threat.

Like I said somewhere else, check the Pyro and Rogue behind you.
    That is how it should be.

That is not how it is.

How can you argue with Warfronts that show Warriors top of the damage list, time and time again.

Then look at the individual warrior and see 39-45k hp

These are just basic facts, you can try and deny them, but anyone who does a warfront can see for themselves.

I do not need to prove it, go join a warfront, look at who is in the top 5 damage dealers, then target them and look at their HP pool.

What you will see is someone doing as much DPS as anyone else, with far greater HP.
    Last edited by Drakanish; 04-29-2014 at 07:05 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast