+ Reply to Thread

Thread: few questions on PvP gear

Rift Disciple

Default few questions on PvP gear

im looking at the rift store under the pvp category. i see a lv50 synergy crystal called "pathfinders synergy crystal". the tooltip for this item shows that when wearing 4 out of 4 "pathfinders war garb" you get among other boost a +100 to vengence.

now i read that all your gear gets bolstered to freelancer gear except seal, trinket, and synergy crystal. so these 3 pvp items will give you the most 'bang for your buck' in increasing your vengence and valor. but i don't see any gear pvp or pve that using the set "pathfinders war garb". where would you get the 4 out of 4 pieces of gear to make use of the synergy crystal?

also, i've looked at the stats on freelance, up to myrmidon, and there only seems to be a very slight increase to valor/vengence for a huge price on pvp marks. since pretty much most of your gear is bolstered to freelance gear, is it really worth trying to grind out the marks to get myrmidon gear when it only gives you such little valor/vengence??

Quote Originally Posted by jjyiz28 View Post
    im looking at the rift store under the pvp category. i see a lv50 synergy crystal called "pathfinders synergy crystal". the tooltip for this item shows that when wearing 4 out of 4 "pathfinders war garb" you get among other boost a +100 to vengence.

now i read that all your gear gets bolstered to freelancer gear except seal, trinket, and synergy crystal. so these 3 pvp items will give you the most 'bang for your buck' in increasing your vengence and valor. but i don't see any gear pvp or pve that using the set "pathfinders war garb". where would you get the 4 out of 4 pieces of gear to make use of the synergy crystal?

also, i've looked at the stats on freelance, up to myrmidon, and there only seems to be a very slight increase to valor/vengence for a huge price on pvp marks. since pretty much most of your gear is bolstered to freelance gear, is it really worth trying to grind out the marks to get myrmidon gear when it only gives you such little valor/vengence??
    Yes, its worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

So, how many years does it take to upgrade your freelancer gear? I enjoy PvP as it has practically no Queue time and matches last 10-15 minutes. Leveling my Cleric doing PvP made it so I could get a full set of Freelancer gear pretty quickly, but upgrading it seems like a total grind. I'm sure having the upgraded gear may be worth it, but how long does that take on average?

BTW, conquests I can maybe get one in a night at best. A few on the weekends.

Telaran

I don't have an actual timeframe but I would so to worry about getting the ranks necessary to buy the gear. I was able to buy 4 pieces of warlord gear as soon as my alts hit rank 70 and it becomes even easier after that since every 10 ranks (at 70, 80, and 90) you get more marks from the weekly quests/random warfront rewards. Focus on ranking up and the gear will come pretty easily from that and the higher your rank the easier gear will become. So if I had to comment on a timeframe I'd say it all the depends on how fast you rank up and it could take 2+ months, certainly not years. The timeframe can be changed with patron and transcendent vials together with lots of playtime. Right now its easier than ever to hit max rank.

Rift Chaser

it is fast if u are winning, otherwise, abit slow. Also depend on how much time u able to play.

BTW, I saw alot of players brought Freelancer gear but never bother to enchant it. Just enchant it with average rune is better than none! If u dun want to enchant, y bother to wear it.

I'm leveling my runecrafter. Still under 220 ATM. Getting PvP gear in wow was pretty easy. You could buy crafted gear in game, you can't here. You could earn entry level gear that was better pretty fast and then it took a while to get the really good stuff. They also had a PvE raid that dropped PvP gear. I guess there are PvP rifts. I've yet to see one.

Here it seems like you have to earn a lot of favor just to buy the entry level gear before you can start upgrading. Then the upgrades are 2x or more expensive than the useless gear you are upgrading. It just seems like a strange economy. I hope things speed up soon. I'm enjoying the Warfronts, but the CQ is so laggy during fights it isn't any fun. Lots of running from one node to another, boring.

Rift Disciple

no one really answer my question, but whatever, lolzz

im with you though.. i like pretty much all of the different types of pvp formats.. except conquest.. just zerging around,

+ Reply to Thread