+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 163
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Best to Worst calling.

  1. #1
    Ascendant V1rul3n7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,343

    Default Best to Worst calling.

    How I think the order goes.

    1. Rogue
    2. Cleric
    --------------------
    3. Warrior
    4. Mage
    -=[ Virulent - 65 - P100 | Harlakk - 65 - P100 | Ascaroth - 62 - P95 | Brahman - 65 - P92 ]=-
    -=[ VirulentX - 70 - P100 | Harlakk - 70 - P92 | Ascaroth - 60 - P10 | BrahmanX - 1 - P0 ]=-
    | VIRALIST: 65 |

  2. #2
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by V1rul3n7 View Post
    How I think the order goes.

    1. Rogue
    2. Cleric
    --------------------
    3. Warrior
    4. Mage
    Written like a true Mage. LOL. I would change it to:

    1. Rogue
    2. Cleric
    3. Warrior/Mage (Tied)
    Last edited by Sidvader; 04-26-2014 at 08:28 PM.

  3. #3
    Ascendant V1rul3n7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,343

    Default

    Well actually Warlord is broken imba, which is why I put it where it is right now.

    And part of the reason why warrior is low is because two of their souls are tanking souls, which although are epic for the purpose of tanking and mitigating arent entirely optimal for general warfronts unless you play for objectives. Cq is a different matter and that is where they truly excel.

    Rogue is on top because of stealth roles, and everything they have being overtuned on durability or damage, or both.

    Cleric would be on top if it was not for stealth, because basically every souls they have excels in whatever its respective specialization is. Likewise though cleric isnt exactly optimal to build hybrids out of which rogue is.

    Its my personal take on things.

    If i was to state generally, i would definitely put cleric on top because 4 of the 6 souls are totally fubar and the best at what they do which is generally healing.

    Also, thats why i put a line between cleric/rogue and mage/warrior. To illustrate a "wider gap"
    Last edited by V1rul3n7; 04-26-2014 at 09:39 PM.
    -=[ Virulent - 65 - P100 | Harlakk - 65 - P100 | Ascaroth - 62 - P95 | Brahman - 65 - P92 ]=-
    -=[ VirulentX - 70 - P100 | Harlakk - 70 - P92 | Ascaroth - 60 - P10 | BrahmanX - 1 - P0 ]=-
    | VIRALIST: 65 |

  4. #4
    Rift Chaser Fiala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by V1rul3n7 View Post
    How I think the order goes.

    1. Rogue
    2. Cleric
    --------------------
    3. Warrior
    4. Mage
    Pretty much spot on. I'd expand the gap a little wider with rogues barely beating out clerics.
    And if Trion ever "adjusts" Warlord in their usual hamhanded way like they did the other Warrior souls (VK, Champion, Riftblade, Paragon..oops did I just name all the other warrior dps souls ?) , I'd certainly place warriors below mages.

  5. #5
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by V1rul3n7 View Post
    Well actually Warlord is broken imba, which is why I put it where it is right now.

    And part of the reason why warrior is low is because two of their souls are tanking souls, which although are epic for the purpose of tanking and mitigating arent entirely optimal for general warfronts unless you play for objectives. Cq is a different matter and that is where they truly excel.

    Rogue is on top because of stealth roles, and everything they have being overtuned on durability or damage, or both.

    Cleric would be on top if it was not for stealth, because basically every souls they have excels in whatever its respective specialization is. Likewise though cleric isnt exactly optimal to build hybrids out of which rogue is.

    Its my personal take on things.

    If i was to state generally, i would definitely put cleric on top because 4 of the 6 souls are totally fubar and the best at what they do which is generally healing.

    Also, thats why i put a line between cleric/rogue and mage/warrior. To illustrate a "wider gap"
    LOL. I would trade warlord for a few rogue souls any day. This is all kind of silly really.

  6. #6
    Ascendant V1rul3n7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiala View Post
    Pretty much spot on. I'd expand the gap a little wider with rogues barely beating out clerics.
    And if Trion ever "adjusts" Warlord in their usual hamhanded way like they did the other Warrior souls (VK, Champion, Riftblade, Paragon..oops did I just name all the other warrior dps souls ?) , I'd certainly place warriors below mages.
    Well mage is actually at a significant disadvantage anyway being that warriors are all melee specs, most could argue that it works out the other way around but i disagree, only if the teams are completely lopsided (with no healers) are warriors at any significant disadvantage against ranged specs, and even then its only when its 2v1 or 5v1 which is no different to 2 melee v 1 melee.

    Warlord needs its mitigation reducing and pull range reducing (or removed) pulls should all be 25m max, 30m for CC and 35m for ranged damage max. 5m between each "tier" with pulls being the shortest because of how significantly powerful they are particularly against glass cannon range specs.

    Champion on the other hand needs a buff, where exactly is the utility in this soul besides bull rush..?

    And by utility i mean engage/disengage not hard CC like stuns etc, they don't belong on warriors really (besides in the tank souls)

    Champion should be the soul that is pulling the current Warlord AoE dps figures, but its simply not the case. If anything no permission to die belongs in champion NOT in warlord.

    Reavers energy starvation is way too high and the soul generally just lacks the ability to build AP.. two things that combine to make it mostly useless. This is a soul that also needs some work and consideration.

    Vk, Paladin and hybrids are great at what they do, they bring great utility at the expense of DPS and i really have no huge arguement with the way they are designed. All i would suggest is that they add CC breakers into the tank souls high up (above 38 points) because warriors general lack breakers and tank souls in particular need them.

    Beastmaster I havent tried yet, more concerned about champion because its just such a non-existent soul on the EU shards which could potentially redistribute some of the "omfg op"ness of warlord to other areas in the warrior calling.

    As for rogues, in general, WAY too durable that goes for every soul from bard to marksman to nightblade to assassin, every soul they have is just too durable (some more than others)

    Cleric? Sentinel is op as hell, not something i have a huge arguement against because sentinel is such a crucial soul for the game to function, arguably could use a bit of a nerf if warlord and rogues are nerfed along with it. Otherwise its fine but only on the basis that nightblade, assassin, warlord are so silly.

    Warden could use a slight buff, shared excess perhaps 30%, extended duration on the HoT effects and the damage stacks for easier management. Perhaps Bosuns Blessing could be a toggle for AoE -> ST and vice versa with similar functionality to now?

    Inquisitor is obviously overtuned, the heal it has is great but it kind of needs it versus rogues and warriors, mage on the otherhand is all inquisitors without judicial and a decent purge.
    -=[ Virulent - 65 - P100 | Harlakk - 65 - P100 | Ascaroth - 62 - P95 | Brahman - 65 - P92 ]=-
    -=[ VirulentX - 70 - P100 | Harlakk - 70 - P92 | Ascaroth - 60 - P10 | BrahmanX - 1 - P0 ]=-
    | VIRALIST: 65 |

  7. #7
    Ascendant V1rul3n7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sidvader View Post
    LOL. I would trade warlord for a few rogue souls any day. This is all kind of silly really.
    Why not just make a rogue then?
    -=[ Virulent - 65 - P100 | Harlakk - 65 - P100 | Ascaroth - 62 - P95 | Brahman - 65 - P92 ]=-
    -=[ VirulentX - 70 - P100 | Harlakk - 70 - P92 | Ascaroth - 60 - P10 | BrahmanX - 1 - P0 ]=-
    | VIRALIST: 65 |

  8. #8
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by V1rul3n7 View Post
    Why not just make a rogue then?
    Well i do not believe Warlord is remotely overpowered. I also believe mages are a very strong pvp class with more options then warriors. So I generally think you are full of sh**. You are entertaining though.

  9. #9
    Champion of Telara Aveleys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,191

    Default

    Every calling has competitive souls for pvp. Thinking otherwise is idiotic.

  10. #10
    Rift Chaser Fiala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    380

    Default

    Both Champion and Beastmaster share the same problem but in different areas. Neither has enough burst to make them viable in PVP.

    Beastmaster is a DOT dependent soul and a good deal of their damage comes from their pet which isn't a particularly durable one in PvP. (they're absurdly easy to kill, to say nothing of the BM himself but then I just ignore the pet and kill the BM himself)

    Champion...as you pointed out...requires melee range AND targets (and lots of them) grouped tightly together to be anywhere near effective. Their ST damage isn't very good to put it mildly.

    As for the tank souls...there's a reason I call them "traffic cones" in PvP. You can stick a tank target over their heads for everyone to ignore and focus on the real targets. The healers and more dangerous targets can be dealt with first..it's the tanks that are usually the last to be targeted.

    Rogues in general have too much burst damage, durability, CC, passive snare and atop all that...stealth. No other calling has more utility in addition to damage, period.

    As for the suggestion to level up a rogue by another player..that's quite a long way to make it viable in terms of gearing up and leveling up. 90 ranks to go..not to mention piling up all that favor and marks just to gear up...what a grind.

    That's the reason I don't really have an alt. I simply don't have the time to reroll and grind my way to another R90.

  11. #11
    Rift Chaser Zokot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    346

    Default

    The calling is only as good as the player behind it.

  12. #12
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    293

    Default

    Mages need their survivability buffing.

    Either that or Cleanse Soul (lols) removed from the game.

  13. #13
    Ascendant Pesmergia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by V1rul3n7 View Post
    Well actually Warlord is broken imba, which is why I put it where it is right now.
    Warrior is so broken it's 3rd.

    Every Rogue soul is usable in PvP and performs well except RS.

    Warrior have 2 souls that do well, WL and RB and once that is meh, Tempest.

    Mages need mad love but Dominator is extremely effective, as well as Chloro and Pyro.

    Clerics have 5 good pvp souls, Sent, Warden for CQ and Scion, INQ and Cabby/Defiler.

    Going by the list I made here my order would be:

    Rogue
    Cleric
    Mage
    Warrior

    If Trion spent as much time on the other classes souls, as they spent basically revamping the whole Rogue class and make ALL but 1 souls usable in PvP, this game would not be free to play anymore.
    Martym@Seastone Rank 82 Mage
    Munstane - R83 Warrior -Godlike Awesomeness- @ Deepwood
    YUBERXMEGA R80 Cleric - Terrible Idea @ Deepwood
    http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/5129/3548n.jpg

  14. #14
    Ascendant Pesmergia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by V1rul3n7 View Post
    Why not just make a rogue then?
    Because everytime I look at the CQ tab I vomit a little in my mouth.
    Martym@Seastone Rank 82 Mage
    Munstane - R83 Warrior -Godlike Awesomeness- @ Deepwood
    YUBERXMEGA R80 Cleric - Terrible Idea @ Deepwood
    http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/5129/3548n.jpg

  15. #15
    Ascendant butkus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sidvader View Post
    Written like a true Mage. LOL. I would change it to:

    1. Rogue
    2. Cleric
    3. Warrior/Mage (Tied)
    pretty much this and i think warriors will end up on the bottom once the new souls get released.
    I did not invent Warladin I perfected it!
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts