+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Bliter
  • 1 Post By Gunzip

Thread: Daglar, free things you can do right now in Rift to help us with Arenas

Default Daglar, free things you can do right now in Rift to help us with Arenas

Hi Daglar,
    Some of us are talking about ways to do regular tourneys and possibly even a league with regular games. You could help us out by doing some things that are free and part of Rift. One of the things we need is a place to play and you can give us that for free using a guild, donated dimensions and Rift features anyone has access to in the game. We would do the organizing of the games through our own websites so once the arenas are built, you can step away from it if you want.

What I think can be done is this, you make a free account on a low population server. Then you make a guild and invite the people interested in forming the tourneys and league. Using your free account, you acquire say 6 dimensions and drop one complete set of pvp dimension items in it and a few other objects, anywhere in the dimension, just a big pile of materials you donate. Then, set the rules for the dimension so guild members can place things. The guild members would put the dimension together using whatever package of materials you leave behind. Once all of the dimensions were built, change the rules on the dimension so nobody can move things and from that point forward, we would have standard arenas we approved of for tourneys and league play. If we needed to make changes to an arena, you log in, change the rule on that dimension and we edit it, then update you, then you lock it and we are good again. We would join your guild with free accounts so if anyone needed to be added or removed from the guild its no biggie. Name the guild Daglar's Designers for the lulz.

Or you could donate the dimension items directly to one of us and we manage it. You could do this with no risk too, you set up a gmail account, then an account in Rift with that gmail account, you give the Rift account login information to our designee but not the email login. Then when the designee logs in, he will be coinlocked, we can't run off with anything or sell it but we can place objects in a dimension I believe. I have already worked out the details, I just can't afford all of those dimensions or I would have done it on my own already. We would be providing you with a single point of contact or several as you decided, but you would not need to make decisions on what we do with things. We would be responsible for the design of the dimensions and managing our tourneys would take place outside of Trion anyway. This is no risk proposition for you but yields us arenas.

Thank you for your consideration.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Why not just utilize a player-created pvp dimension already in existence? Those who have devoted time & resources into developing them would likely feel slighted if others managed to gain access to even more resources without any cost involved- and the dimension engineers would most likely enjoy having their creations both used & admired by others.

Quote Originally Posted by Hectyr View Post
    Why not just utilize a player-created pvp dimension already in existence? Those who have devoted time & resources into developing them would likely feel slighted if others managed to gain access to even more resources without any cost involved- and the dimension engineers would most likely enjoy having their creations both used & admired by others.
    That is by default part of the plan. The dimension owners I have talked to are either willing to let us use their dimensions or they are planning their own tourneys in them anyway. If we do the project I am talking about, we would be engaging a lot more people in the process of building and hopefully in the end, some of those folks would want to help run some player run pvp events in the future. Also, a very important part of why I want to do this project is that it will hopefully bring some people who don't do dimensions or know what they are to have the chance to play with them.

We are pretty close to the new souls and 3.0 is probably not too far off and I think that's where Trion's focus is going to be. I think in the next few months we will see a lot of the new players totally geared and with nothing on the horizon until 3.0, people will be wanting to do tourneys. This is one way to get people thinking about volunteering to work on them and be part of the tourneys.
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

I've been rank 90 for months, I still participate in pvp, either you enjoy doing it, or you need to be incentivized into doing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Quote Originally Posted by AceinHole View Post
    LOL @ people who still try to make arenas "work" in Rift when there are so many better PvP MMO's out there. Go play WoW, SWTOR or GW2 and be happy. All of them have arenas.
    I can agree with this, not sure why folks want to break the soul system in this game by trying to incorporate terrible arenas into it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Rift Chaser

they already gave u the pvp dimension. use it.

Quote Originally Posted by polarshift View Post
    they already gave u the pvp dimension. use it.
    You either didn't read the post or you should work on reading comprehension. I am asking for donated PvP dimensions.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    I can agree with this, not sure why folks want to break the soul system in this game by trying to incorporate terrible arenas into it.
    Why would a community built PvP dimension break the soul system?
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Bliter View Post
    You either didn't read the post or you should work on reading comprehension. I am asking for donated PvP dimensions.
    lol nothing's gonna be donated, it's expected people who want to make the pvp dims will pay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by AceinHole View Post
    LOL @ people who still try to troll in Rift forums when there are so many better PvP MMO's out there. I play WoW, SWTOR or GW2 and I'm happy? All of them have arenas.
    Fixed that for ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Aveleys View Post
    lol nothing's gonna be donated, it's expected people who want to make the pvp dims will pay for it.
    I think if they see its a community building project, they should consider it as a great way to get people involved in PvP dimensions that otherwise might not. That could lead to more dimension item sales down the road. When Trion released PvP dimensions, they left no support system whatsoever, didn't even give a good reason to do them or buy them. I think by getting a bunch of people building a dimension would be a great way to show what is possible while also bringing people together in a new way.

I think everyone assumes I am trying to recreate WoW arenas, I absolutely am not. I don't know what WoW arenas look like, I never played WoW past level 10. I am actually trying to do something like Arma and player driven content. I see Daglar post stuff that says they don't plan on doing anything with PvP but I also see practically speaking that we can do some things on our own, like tourneys and our own offsite ranking.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

+ Reply to Thread