+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: For Us Newbs

Default For Us Newbs

Have you entered a warfront, run onto the field and felt like you were turned into dust instantaneously? Is there a matchmaking system? Did I fall outside the parameters somehow? Does God/Satan/All-Powerful-Omniscient Being (if there is one) hate me?

Sometimes it just happens. Nothing to quit over. Dust yourself off and go on to the next round.
    If you have to ask...you don't need to know.

Prophet of Telara

That's how MMO pvp goes when you hit max level. I remember back in the day when I was a kid and played EQ and Wow PVP when it first came out, being a noob and dealing with one sided matches. I understood that's how it goes until you progress and gear up.

These days people complain about everything, soon as people hit 60, pvp they complain about people better geared. You have to learn the basics of your class and understand it will get better when you are more progressed in the gear grind.

Match making system in Rift needs work, but in any MMO pvp, you will bite the dust if you are a fresh max level player and starting the gear grind. It's not a issue to me.

I personally enjoy seeing the progress I made from being a fresh max level to hitting the max gear in pvp.

At least in Rift you can still be fine as a freelancer fresh 60, it comes down to learning the correct pvp spec and how to play it.
    Last edited by DriftinARift; 04-25-2014 at 10:02 PM.

When a healer can't keep me up I will narrow them out for the rest of the day to teach them a thing or two about how to stay alive against good DPS so maybe the next day can be a more positive day.

Last time this happened someone got flattened 7 times in CQ and kept rage telling me while putting me on lightning fast ignore. If you aren't good, don't trash talk and blame the person who out-performs you by miles.

Newbs are fine, but not the ego tripper clerics.
    Last edited by Violacea; 04-25-2014 at 11:38 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

I got smashed all through last week. Then a WL chased me in cq, I beat him 1vs1. best week ever!!!
    Last edited by Furyon13; 04-26-2014 at 12:07 AM.

Ascendant

reroll to Warlord and you'll be fine ;)
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysHealNeverDie View Post
    reroll to Warlord and you'll be fine ;)
    or play a rogue and just slip away ;).
    I did not invent Warladin I perfected it!
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Flair View Post
    Have you entered a warfront, run onto the field and felt like you were turned into dust instantaneously? Is there a matchmaking system? Did I fall outside the parameters somehow? Does God/Satan/All-Powerful-Omniscient Being (if there is one) hate me?

Sometimes it just happens. Nothing to quit over. Dust yourself off and go on to the next round.

When this happens i switch from sent to inq, from wl/paragon to wl/pally, on rogue i go NB or sin for stealth, and on mage i troll people with harb chloro on the side.

Complete mismatched wfs do suck though, and happen too frequently.

Must be terrible not having healers.

Soulwalker

This is not WoW, Lineage2, DAoC, EQ or any number of other games. It has some interesting and unique game mechanics but I don't think PvP is one of them and it's not as mature and fleshed out as people would expect it to be. Keep in mind they're still trying to fix basic things like movement mechanics over terrain.

Games vary but there is always a gear vs. skill vs. class/build component. Rift has the heaviest weighting to gear of any game I've ever played and the class/build is pretty important too. Skill just separates those that are equally geared and balanced in build. In WoW as an example, skill had a much higher importance and gear was the least important.

It's virtually impossible for the new player to figure out what the cause of their frustration is though because you can't check the gear on the opponent, and being new you'll have no idea how one soul tree stacks up against another. All you know is they WTF owned your ***. WoW had a simple answer to this, every character's profile was available on the web. You could then look up their gear, spec, glyphs and equipment enchants and get an idea of how they should have stacked up against you. If it was an L2P issue, at least you knew it and could take steps to figure it out.

In RIFT you're just screwed for 4-5 months until you're P90 with half relic gear so you can make a more educated guess as to what really happened in the fight...

Quote Originally Posted by Brym View Post
    This is not WoW, Lineage2, DAoC, EQ or any number of other games. It has some interesting and unique game mechanics but I don't think PvP is one of them and it's not as mature and fleshed out as people would expect it to be. Keep in mind they're still trying to fix basic things like movement mechanics over terrain.

Games vary but there is always a gear vs. skill vs. class/build component. Rift has the heaviest weighting to gear of any game I've ever played and the class/build is pretty important too. Skill just separates those that are equally geared and balanced in build. In WoW as an example, skill had a much higher importance and gear was the least important.

It's virtually impossible for the new player to figure out what the cause of their frustration is though because you can't check the gear on the opponent, and being new you'll have no idea how one soul tree stacks up against another. All you know is they WTF owned your ***. WoW had a simple answer to this, every character's profile was available on the web. You could then look up their gear, spec, glyphs and equipment enchants and get an idea of how they should have stacked up against you. If it was an L2P issue, at least you knew it and could take steps to figure it out.

In RIFT you're just screwed for 4-5 months until you're P90 with half relic gear so you can make a more educated guess as to what really happened in the fight...
    Or you could, I don't know, send the individual a tell and have a conversation with them? Man social skills are hard.

Default .....

without the noobs, "good" players wouldnt be able to post those amazing screenies of 75 kb etc.

is soviet russia lamb is delicious

Quote Originally Posted by Tohrid View Post
    Or you could, I don't know, send the individual a tell and have a conversation with them? Man social skills are hard.

how to make friends in mmo and be likeable?

wtb social skillz plz

Quote Originally Posted by azabar View Post
    how to make friends in mmo and be likeable?

wtb social skillz plz
    Send me a tell and I'll give you all the secrets.

Default .....

Quote Originally Posted by Tohrid View Post
    Send me a tell and I'll give you all the secrets.

tell inc

Soulwalker

[QUOTE=DriftinARift;4776588At least in Rift you can still be fine as a freelancer fresh 60, it comes down to learning the correct pvp spec and how to play it.[/QUOTE]

Any suggestions as to where I go to get help with this?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast