+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: warlord marks, favor and other currencies

Default warlord marks, favor and other currencies

I have some basic gear, freelancer mostly, one piece warlord, what I would like to see is a possibility to downgrade my warlord marks to favor, because the cost of the items requires too much favor, and I never get the ratio warlord/favor to the point I can buy some upgrade.

favor was a currency that I had in excess long time ago, and I have used it for consumables, and now it is the currency that I need the most, and maybe I am not the only one. I do not like lottery and chests, I'd rather see what I buy, and do the decision after some window shopping in the vendor stores

I heard that when you pvp, you get favor. You should try to pvp.

(I think most people would say they had the opposite problem tbh)

Quote Originally Posted by Appendy View Post
    I heard that when you pvp, you get favor. You should try to pvp.

(I think most people would say they had the opposite problem tbh)
    I started from scratch, my favor was low, the amounts that come from dailies and weeklies are not in the right ratio

Plane Touched

I'm not sure how you are lacking in favor when warlord's mark is much harder to get from R1-R69. My lifetime favor gained so far at R69 is 1.69mil, total amount of warlord's mark sits at 8.2k (bought 2 small cells and 1 large cell so far).

So how did you even end up with lacking favor over warlord's marks? I would like to have your problem (especially with those new boxes).
    Last edited by Xallista; 04-24-2014 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xallista View Post
    I'm not sure how you are lacking in favor when warlord's mark is much harder to get from R1-R69. My lifetime favor gained so far at R69 is 1.69mil, total amount of warlord's mark sits at 8.2k (bought 2 small cells and 1 large cell so far).

So how did you even end up with lacking favor over warlord's marks? I would like to have your problem (especially with those new boxes).
    I started on low favor, my rank is around 75, in this rhythm Ill be 80 and I wont have the warlord gear to go to the next upgrade step
    I was close to rank 70 a week ago

maybe make a system similar with the one that allows you to trade inscribed and vile sourcestone to lowest rift currencies
    Last edited by Dee Dee; 04-24-2014 at 10:51 AM.

step 1: press K, enter conquest

step 2: follow your zerg

step 3: die in a zerg v zerg fight

step 4: AFK

step 5: ???

step 6: Return and look at all the favor you got for that hard work.

Quote Originally Posted by Aveleys View Post
    step 1: press K, enter conquest

step 2: follow your zerg

step 3: die in a zerg v zerg fight

step 4: AFK

step 5: ???

step 6: Return and look at all the favor you got for that hard work.
    wont I get kicked from the conquest?

I don't want to risK getting a RIC for my assorted freelancer gear, too
    can I trade a RIC for favor, jw?

what is funny, for a long time I had t to wait for other players to catch up, and was prohibited to get currencies, some blue items came from dailies and weekly chest reward

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dee View Post
    I don't want to risK getting a RIC for my assorted freelancer gear, too
    can I trade a RIC for favor, jw?
    are you for real? just buy some 160% favor vials for plat from rift store sellers (via gift option) and use 2 weekly cq + 1 weekly WF and 7 WF chargers with the vial. You'll get more than enough favor this way.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysHealNeverDie View Post
    are you for real? just buy some 160% favor vials for plat from rift store sellers (via gift option) and use 2 weekly cq + 1 weekly WF and 7 WF chargers with the vial. You'll get more than enough favor this way.
    this ^

they want folks to buy vials. if the rate of favour gained matched the rate of various marks, there would be little point to the vials.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Rift Disciple

I never had an issue with the Favor/WL or even Myrm ratio. I always had excess favor to buy consumables. Just maybe PvP more?
    Devaak@Seastone <The Cult> Server First Dreambreaker. Because I am that damn good.
    Nixium the Prestigious@Seastone Mage is hard, lessons plz

it's really ridiculous how they want you to play the game's pvp content to get pvp gear

standard gaming monetisation practice these days. some do it better, some do it worse. they are using psychology to encourage you to open your wallet (or someone else to open their wallet on your behalf through gifting or REX).
    Rift isn't so bad, and much of the game is indeed free to play. but some parts of it are more aptly described as Free to Wait.

nothing exemplifies this more than the temporal aligners used to open temporal crates and conquest temporal cores sooner.
    you have a magic box that could contain anything. you can wait - weeks in some cases - to discover what it contains, or you can pay money and open it sooner.

in this case, you can use your warlord marks to buy crates and get random stuff - most of which will actually be useful to you - while going the slow path to getting enough favor to buy the gear you actually want.
    or you can buy favor vials and get the favor you need fast enough to match your warlord mark gain rate - maybe with some excess to spend on consumables.

also, patron bonuses exist for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Favor a problem ? Yikes I have consumables up the wAzoo from avoiding being favor capped = wasted . CQ is your friend for favor .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast