+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree89Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Ranked 5's

Plane Touched

Default Ranked 5's

Hmmm, ranked 5's doesn't show up on the warfront queue list anymore, was it removed? If it was, I understand why... no one plays it, but with 2.7 around the corner, me and a few others were gonna make a team. I already know for certain that others that were thinking the same thing. This is mainly because every 5's team won't need 2 clerics to be competitive, since physician is freaking insane on the PTS atm.
    Nerfshot/Slowshot/Noobshot

Plane Touched

Whoops, so yea, I'd like it to stay in the game.

Rift Chaser

cos no one playing it.

disappointing. was this intentional?

Kinda inappropriate to remove it suddenly with no mention in the patch notes or prior notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Aveleys View Post
    disappointing. was this intentional?

Kinda inappropriate to remove it suddenly with no mention in the patch notes or prior notice.
    Well it is gone, hot dayuuum. Didn't see that, wonder if there is something else planned or thats our sign to take up the after school playground fights to dimensions?
    Last edited by Meaghanne; 04-23-2014 at 10:41 PM.
    Nurse on Faeblight ~ GL of Philanthropy
    www.philanthropy-community.com
    Quote Originally Posted by MickNico View Post
    CQ needs a enema.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaramuccia View Post
    Don't worry, I'm just trying out my new forum PvP macro. It's all good.

Yup, shut it down Wednesday.

Another example of a small sample of players requesting something endlessly- then getting it & ignoring it.

We could really use a cross-shard channel for all those creative & generous pvp dimension engineers to advertise their creations.... *hint hint*

I have never found 4 other people who i can call a team and who will dedicate themselves to the cause. That is why it also never happens.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Plane Touched

I've played plenty of 5v5's using the ranked BG WF at launch, it just really died down after the first two weeks or so. The main problem, aside from not having any incentives (hint hint), is that if you don't have two clerics in your lineup (defiler/puri or defiler/sent), beating a team that does is just about impossible given everything else equal. As you can imagine this greatly limits the number of viable compositions. However, with physician thrown into the mix, and the fact that most people play rogue (I think), we should see a massive increase in the number of viable teams. Also, this effect would be compounded if Trion tweaked chloro a little bit in a pvp-only way. As far as Liberator is concerned, that's just a warden, so no one is gonna que 5s with that.

So come on Trion... don't give up on this so easily with 2.7 so close. I've already talked to a lot of people that wanted to play ranked 5v5's when 2.7 hits. In short, It gives the competitive ones a skill-based aspect of the game that they want but just haven't been able to play due to prior constraints. I think launching the ranked BG without at least the most basic reward (favor to compensate for consumable uptime) was pretty dumb, but I'd like it to stay in as it was instead of not having it at all.

i dunno how swapping a 2 healer team with different 2 healer team will really do anything to make team comps interesting, with cc/healing as it is in rift (meaningless/easy) 4dps is pretty much not viable so you are stuck with 3/2 bore fest.
    Last edited by SprawlnBrawl; 04-24-2014 at 04:15 AM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    i dunno how swapping a 2 healer team with different 2 healer team will really do anything to make team comps interesting, with cc/healing as it is in rift (meaningless/easy) 4dps is pretty much not viable so you are stuck with 3/2 bore fest.
    The interest in 5v5s is already present. For example, a few weeks ago Torhid arranged 4 teams of random people and we were able to get some games in. Until we were sniped by an organized 5s team that also decided to queue when we did, we couldn't compete because not every team had 2 clerics, and no one had really played with each other yet. People want 5v5s, just any good player knows that it's a losing battle if you don't have the standard 2 cleric comp.

However, the way physician is on the PTS right now leads me to believe that you could see x2 physician compositions no problem, which means you could throw together a team with ease. I realize that the casuals won't ever play 5v5s, but whatever, the game needs at least one facet of skill based play.
    Last edited by Slowburn; 04-24-2014 at 05:03 AM.

The only way to get healthy participation in 5's, was to place a rating requirement with relic pvp armor/weapons as rewards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Rift Chaser

Maybe they are turning it into a 3v3 q? Might take a bit tho considering how long the 5v5 took. Keep an eye out for 4.0 folks, good things to come!

This is interesting considering the lack of information on it happening. Like Nerfshot said earlier, I had organized a 5v5 avenue for people a while ago. It was a lot of work and we ended up with about 35 participants. I had planed on doing it again but I guess now we can't. The benefit the 5v5 offered us over Dim PvP is that the Developers still have not fixed the issue of being on different factions in Dimensions.

With how Trion has/had set up the rated 5v5, it takes more organizing than for a PvE raid guild planning to raid. This is due to the fact that there is no one single shard or guild the participants will be in and you have to have commitments from players so you can build fair teams.

I also don't understand why they even removed it if it's already in game. There's nothing there that can be exploited in it, and the resources it requires is minimal due to low usages.

Ascendant

The idea of 5vs5 was bad anyway. They couldnt add any rewards because of potential abuse from multi boxers etc. There are better ideas around which doesnt cause as many abuse problem but I dont think they want to spend time working on pvp content.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysHealNeverDie View Post
    The idea of 5vs5 was bad anyway. They couldnt add any rewards because of potential abuse from multi boxers etc. There are better ideas around which doesnt cause as many abuse problem but I dont think they want to spend time working on pvp content.
    I think there should at least be a small favor reward for winning just for the sake of pvp consumble upkeep time, this wouldn't break anything if a multiboxer decided to exploit it since they're not getting any kinds of marks or any prestige. Sure they could stack up on consumables I guess, but they'd be wasting their time. If people caught on to 5v5's, though, then they'd just que into the bots and destroy them, which would prevent the multiboxers from winning games. Then the bots would just be reported and you could say goodbye to those accounts and that's that.
    Last edited by Slowburn; 04-24-2014 at 09:30 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast