+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By DriftinARift
  • 2 Post By Malidrag
  • 1 Post By AlwaysHealNeverDie

Thread: PvP trinket tone downs

Default PvP trinket tone downs

I would consider removing some of the nerfs from the PVP trinkets.

The Warlord Firestorm used to be good for AoE specs, not really worth it for ST. It's damage is junk now and hits for less than half of what it used to - while already having the stat disparity of base stats it takes 2 - 3 pieces to cover for typically (it has a drop of stats).

Just would re-think it. I understand non PvP trinkets but, the PvP trinkets should hold some power. Used to actually use this with BD and Sab. Back to the bank though, it's just junk now. Was starting to love the flavor of having a trinket just for AoE specs, a good proc with a significant hit in stats. The proc is really not worth wearing anymore even in AoE specs. Dunno, kind of made a nice charm that provided gear variety useless. Feels a bit bitter. Just believe it was fine before. Gear variation is good and if anything it brought some power to AoE with it being in quite an underwhelming state atm in PvP. No clue what the other trinket ate, but it had physc crit instead of AP or CP, along with the major drop of stats. I sure hope that wasn't reduced too much because it was barley worth wearing with the horrible stats alone.

Food for thought, I'd simply reconsider the nerfing of trinkets from Warlord boxes. I fully understand nerfing PvE trinkets in PvE though with the box scheme dropping, what once was, quality trinkets. I'm a gear nerd pretty much - they are not worth wearing now - at least the one in my OP.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Prophet of Telara

It's so cute and funny how Trion decides it's ok for pvpers to have the same type of Trinkets pvers had, that they then nerf the crap out of them.

Trion sure loves their pvp community right? They also did not nerf all the pve trinkets, they still let a bunch of them have full power in pvp.
    Last edited by DriftinARift; 04-23-2014 at 04:25 PM.

Plane Walker

I'm just confused now. So these new trinkets are supposed to have worse stats and procs than the Freelancer Baubles?

What is the point of the gear the lockboxes drop? I upgraded one of the chest pieces I got to Myrmidon and stats it had on the original vanished. Strength for instance, gone, not reduced, gone. If the armor is supposed to be used temporarily, why leave it upgradeable? If I needed that chest I would be pissed I spent a large Myrmidon cell and got inferior crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Ascendant

We dont need more RNG in PvP. Trion should replace the active proc on trinkets with small passive bonuses like:

+ "X" % movement speed / dmg / healing done / reduced dmg taken etc. Small amount but reliable.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Bliter View Post
    What is the point of the gear the lockboxes drop? I upgraded one of the chest pieces I got to Myrmidon and stats it had on the original vanished. Strength for instance, gone, not reduced, gone. If the armor is supposed to be used temporarily, why leave it upgradeable? If I needed that chest I would be pissed I spent a large Myrmidon cell and got inferior crap.
    Report the item so the secondary stat can be added back. Just sounds like bad itemization for it.

Yeah that sounds buggy, stats shouldn't vanish in the upgrade process. Sounds like somehow, if that happened, an item just slipped in the upgrade slot that wasn't suppose to. It should only not have STR if the base item had no STR to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Malidrag View Post
    I'm just confused now. So these new trinkets are supposed to have worse stats and procs than the Freelancer Baubles?
    It seems that way. I tried the AoE trinket with some ST specs, the damage from the proc was not near worth the major drop off in base stats. However a strong AoE soul did make use of the proc for lack of raw stats. So I just had fun having a trinket I use specifically for AoE'ing. But indeed yes, I am back to use Warlords trinket for all purposes. The other damage one (which had physical crit as a main dps stat) had a higher damage proc but same reduction of base stats. I assume now with whatever that hit for being reduced greater, on top of poor base stats, on top of a poor main dps stat...these trinkets dropping are just a wash. At best get the shield 1 for a 1 v 1 situation. Just banked my new trinkets though. I do wish the devs would check them out. They were absolutely fine with the damage they had before in PvP imo. They came from a rare PvP item source and had miserable base stats, intending that the proc is what you desire. But, when a proc goes from hitting for 800 - 1100 to ~400. It just turns to garbage and gets canned. Not worth wearing it now over the old one, especially because yes, it procs for more damage.

This is just silly itemization to me. Or I just felt they used to be just perfect the levels they were at. Merely glad I didn't blow 3x myr. cells to upgrade that AoE trinket to +4 - 6 each base stat. Because at this point, even equal stats to the Warlord trinket hardly makes it worth using. Easier to give the procs their original power back.
    Last edited by Violacea; 04-24-2014 at 10:32 AM.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

I got the single target trinket on my rogue, the damage proc is called Wind of something I can't remember at the moment. Anyway, I ran ACT all night to see where the damage was. As part of my overall damage, it is 4% of the total dps and hits for 800-950 each proc. I did not compare it to the warlord trinket for proc rate or overall damage but I specialize in ST so the single proc might be worth keeping it if the warlord trinket procs less. The assumption would be that the larger proc in ST is better for sniping kills versus the higher overall damage from the AE proc on the warlord trinket. No idea on stat comparison, I saw the proc and wanted to see how it worked out over a long period of time and against many players.
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

I got the single target trinket on my rogue, the damage proc is called Wind of something I can't remember at the moment. Anyway, I ran ACT all night to see where the damage was. As part of my overall damage, it is 4% of the total dps and hits for 800-950 each proc. I did not compare it to the warlord trinket for proc rate or overall damage but I specialize in ST so the single proc might be worth keeping it if the warlord trinket procs less. The assumption would be that the larger proc in ST is better for sniping kills versus the higher overall damage from the AE proc on the warlord trinket. No idea on stat comparison, I saw the proc and wanted to see how it worked out over a long period of time and against many players.
    That proc should at least hit for 1.5k damage to make it worth it. It has horribly low stats and physical crit as a main dps stat. I wasn't really even going to probably wear it pre-nerf. With the thing procing less than 1k per hit though, I don't think the drop off of stats is worth it randomly firing off time to time. Like I said, these trinkets were made to be desired for the procs, I assume, by the abysmally low base stats or non-power main dps stats (like the high dmg proc having crit chance instead of crit bonus). But now the procs are equal or barley better than the WL trinket. Of course, the WL trinket comes with crit bonus, 95end, and a fatty supply of the other stats relative to the boxed trinkets.

Im just hoping for fine tuning and buffing of the trinkets. I understand getting things mechanically straight. Like, having damage not regard PvP reduction will just create a mess over time of inconsistency. Well, now that they are consistent, I hope they get individual buffs now that they abide by global mechanics properly.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Prophet of Telara

The only gear you really want in the rng chest over the standard p90 gear is the high CP gear for dps specs such as shaman/sin/mm/paragon ect ect. as they are BIS compared to standard p90 gear.

I hear some of the gear is buggy when upgraded, but all the high CP gear I got, when I upgraded to mym were fine. Got both CP weapons both have 78 cp on them when upgraded to mym, way higher then the standard p90 1h weps after reconfigured. Same with the cp neck and cp legs I got, all had way higher dps stats than standard p90 gear, they just had less endurance.

The only difference with high cp gear is it has lower endurance then the standard p90 gear, which is fine for glass cannons anyway.
    Last edited by DriftinARift; 04-24-2014 at 11:52 AM.

Yeah I was planning on a full set of the critpower stuff thinking it might be good for Sin, tbh I was going to make the chest relic last night but the stats were gone when I looked and the relic upgrade was one Dex lower than my regular relic chest when I examined the alt click. No way I was going to risk a RIC on that.

Do you know what the set is supposed to have for stats or where I can find the info? I already have one full set and one partial to play with but I don't want to spend anymore favor or cells until I know what the stats are supposed to be.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

+ Reply to Thread