+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: New consumables for PVP.

Default New consumables for PVP.

* New consumables for PVP are now available in the Store, under the Boosts and PVP categories. DANGER ZONE!

does anyone know what the new consumable is?

Quote Originally Posted by Polyester View Post
    * New consumables for PVP are now available in the Store, under the Boosts and PVP categories. DANGER ZONE!

does anyone know what the new consumable is?
    Want to get more WL marks for your Depleted Supply Crates? Just get Directly Opposed Positive Externality (aka DOPE)! For 67 Credits (Patron discount), you can get 10% more Prestige, Favor, Experience, and Warlord's Marks from all sources for 30 minutes. Even better, it stacks up to 5 times!

Are you also dreading that long daily grind to get your notoriety with certain factions so you can get get sweet runes (like +25 endurance to your trinket) while at the same time dreading grinding out that Prestige and Favor in Conquest? Well, now you can kill 2 birds with one stone - for 202 Credits (Patron discount again), you can buy a consumable that grants you 2 notoriety with a Storm Legion faction of your choosing (example - Freelancer Protocol: Empyreal Alliance)! Pop a Notoriety Vial and your Patron daily bonus and soak in the notoriety while you Ride the Zerg!

This looks like a limited time deal (there's a timer on the items that says 6 days and what not hours), so ACT NOW!
    Last edited by Ophelya99; 04-23-2014 at 10:19 AM.
    One of the reasons I like this game: cool devs!

You can find them under Services > Boosts > Party, Services > Boosts > Notoriety Modifier, and under the general "PVP" tab. They all have 6d 20 hour listed on them so I'm guessing they are just for sale for a week and then will be removed until they feature 'em in the future.

All prices w/ Patron discount:

Directly Opposed Positive Externality - 67c
    Use: Increases Favor, Prestige, Experience, and Warlord's Marks gained from all sources by 10% for 30 minutes. This effect stacks up to 5 times for everyone in the Warfront and lasts through death.

Freelancer Protocol: Torvan Hunters, Freelancer Protocol: The Qaijiri, Freelancer Protocol: The Lycini, Freelancer Protocol: The Achyat, Freelancer Protocol: Necropolis Caretakers, Freelancer Protocol: Hailol, Freelancer Protocol: Eternal City Survivors, Freelancer Protocol: Empyreal Alliance - 202c
    Use: Grants 2 Notoriety with [Name] from player kills for 2 hours. This effect lasts through death.
    Last edited by Riane; 04-23-2014 at 10:18 AM.

thanks guys, i didn't see it on the Eu shop. will have another look later
    ah seams we didn't have the hotfix thats why.
    Last edited by Polyester; 04-23-2014 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    You can find them under Services > Boosts > Party, Services > Boosts > Notoriety Modifier, and under the general "PVP" tab. They all have 6d 20 hour listed on them so I'm guessing they are just for sale for a week and then will be removed until they feature 'em in the future.

All prices w/ Patron discount:

Directly Opposed Positive Externality - 67c
    Use: Increases Favor, Prestige, Experience, and Warlord's Marks gained from all sources by 10% for 30 minutes. This effect stacks up to 5 times for everyone in the Warfront and lasts through death.

Freelancer Protocol: Torvan Hunters, Freelancer Protocol: The Qaijiri, Freelancer Protocol: The Lycini, Freelancer Protocol: The Achyat, Freelancer Protocol: Necropolis Caretakers, Freelancer Protocol: Hailol, Freelancer Protocol: Eternal City Survivors, Freelancer Protocol: Empyreal Alliance - 202c
    Use: Grants 2 Notoriety with [Name] from player kills for 2 hours. This effect lasts through death.
    Another thing that gives a worthy advantage to some players based on their play style available only for credits. This is what slopes are made up. I am scared of a year from now. Unless you left it out, I don't understand why only people with cold hard cash deserve to get an alternative route of reputation for solid gear runes.

That is small but, if I had that option I could actually get my rep up I bet without drastically changing my playstyle. Bu now I need money to compliment my playstyle to a stronger degree.
    Last edited by Violacea; 04-23-2014 at 10:49 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Unless you left it out, I don't understand why only people with cold hard cash deserve to get an alternative route of reputation for solid gear runes.
    Unfortunately, I didn't leave anything out so there is no alternative currency you can utilize to purchase the 'boosts.' :3

Another thing that gives a worthy advantage to some players based on their play style available only for credits. This is what slopes are made up. I am scared of a year from now. Unless you left it out, I don't understand why only people with cold hard cash deserve to get an alternative route of reputation for solid gear runes.
    Oh, but I think you do understand why.

Rift Chaser

Damn, I thought it meant the new warlord consumables would be available to purchase any time with favor, like the old ones
    Last edited by Motoboat; 04-23-2014 at 11:07 AM.

Rift Disciple

That is small but, if I had that option I could actually get my rep up I bet without drastically changing my playstyle. Bu now I need money to compliment my playstyle to a stronger degree.
    I don't have any problem giving benefits to folks who pay $ and support a game I play for free, heck, it is in fact because of those very payments that I can enjoy this game for free. I can still achieve the same thing with time played, so it's all good. And it's really not that drastic an advantage unless someone is willing to purchase quite a few of these boosts. And even then, the difference between the best runes vs the mid tier runes is not game breaking in the slightest.

Unless you left it out, I don't understand why only people with cold hard cash deserve to get an alternative route of reputation for solid gear runes.
    Don't forget you can buy REX from players using plat.
    Last edited by Ophelya99; 04-23-2014 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophelya99 View Post
    Don't forget you can buy REX from players using plat.
    yea i dunno why people act like credits are only via real money, someone grinded out 8 hours at work to buy those credits, so go grind 8 hours worth of plat, or spend 8 hours playing the AH, or win a 32k plat giveaway like i did
    Last edited by SprawlnBrawl; 04-23-2014 at 12:06 PM.

Time = money

There is nothing wrong with these boosts. You can achieve the exact same results with time and effort.

Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    yea i dunno why people act like credits are only via real money, someone grinded out 8 hours at work to buy those credits, so go grind 8 hours worth of plat, or spend 8 hours playing the AH, or win a 32k plat giveaway like i did
    Lucky :P

Anyway, the idea of getting rep from killing people is nice. The credit cost isn't too horrible, so spending about 1000 plat on 1250 credits to get you 5-6 rep boosts doesn't strike me a P2W. It'll probably mean people will run CQ a wee bit more this week.

The DOPEs, on the other hand... still a little torn about them.

Just a note: DOPE stacks with both Rift Store Boosts AND Patron Vials. So potentially a 50% + 160% + 40%.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    Some people have real life to take care of as in those work hours for your average college student goes towards cost of living+books ect, very limited funds to waste on pixles. I guess if you still live with mommy and daddy and cousin, then it aint a big deal.

Aint no one got time to farm all day to buy rex with plat. Some people rather have you know... use in game currency you spend hours getting doing content you actually like to buy something as simple as consumables. Trion has plenty of cash grab money rng store items, do they really need to destroy pvp even more with this crap and the rng bis box gear for credits as well?
    Last edited by DriftinARift; 04-23-2014 at 05:43 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast