+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: pre 2.6 PVP is best PVP.

Soulwalker

Default pre 2.6 PVP is best PVP.

That is my opinion.... all this cluster of complaints and trolls is just getting in the way of what PVP'rs truly desire... which is fair class performance against other classes with fair matchmaking. Before 2.6 update... daily, I tried to eagerly log on Rift knowing that the next Warfront I join will be filled with fun and jolly gameplay/other players. My power Ranger!'s Twin shot is just something to dream about now... I hit 9k+ with every twin shot(not even full WL setup, mostly Freelancer/no consumables and runes). Lack of heals/dps weren't an issue from my experience with power Ranger... All this craze and sadness of not getting RIC's/DIC's from countless trials in CQ didn't exist. Don't even pretend that a lot of people enjoy Steppes of Infinity CQ.... thats for another post :P The point is pre 2.6 PVP was fun.... I'm worried that Rift PVP is becoming Pay to Win if it isn't already D:

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Kidlatt View Post
    That is my opinion.... all this cluster of complaints and trolls is just getting in the way of what PVP'rs truly desire... which is fair class performance against other classes with fair matchmaking. Before 2.6 update... daily, I tried to eagerly log on Rift knowing that the next Warfront I join will be filled with fun and jolly gameplay/other players. My power Ranger!'s Twin shot is just something to dream about now... I hit 9k+ with every twin shot(not even full WL setup, mostly Freelancer/no consumables and runes). Lack of heals/dps weren't an issue from my experience with power Ranger... All this craze and sadness of not getting RIC's/DIC's from countless trials in CQ didn't exist. Don't even pretend that a lot of people enjoy Steppes of Infinity CQ.... thats for another post :P The point is pre 2.6 PVP was fun.... I'm worried that Rift PVP is becoming Pay to Win if it isn't already D:
    Totally agree. 10/10

***** you have no idea what your talking about, pre sl was the best. SL destroyed this game, thats why I quit.
    Dogkin@seastone<the cult> - RIP <wipe>
    Dogkin@vigil <Dawn of Terror>
    Quote Originally Posted by Wing man View Post
    Women in pvp are a rare breed compared to your average soccer mom grinding mats for her children.

Quote Originally Posted by evelen View Post
    ***** you have no idea what your talking about, pre sl was the best. SL destroyed this game, thats why I quit.
    Rogues (the class with the most pvp useful souls) got a buff (again) and are now OP (well, even more OP than they already were).
    Rogue player declares pvp is now balanced (if you play a rogue) due to being able to solo entire zergs while being at the lower end of the gear spectrum.

there might be some slight exaggeration in the above post for comedic purposes. see if you can spot it

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Soulwalker

I guess I have no idea what pre SL was like.... I started playing Rift during September 2013 when I heard it became free to play and was recommended by a friend from a private server(Soulsplit >_<). You quit, yet you still roam around Rift PVP forums?

Prophet of Telara

1.6-1.7 was the best.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Tyaus View Post
    1.6-1.7 was the best.
    1.9-1.10. After they fixed Sabs so they weren't utterly useless.
    Last edited by Khelendross; 04-22-2014 at 09:23 PM.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

To be honest, I enjoyed PvP most when RIFT was still in beta.

Ascendant

While ranger does need some love (which it recently got a lil), basing the best time in pvp off of one soul at a time when its burst was overturned for its finisher probably isnt a sound basis to go off of.

Rift has its ups and downs; also a mud pit or two.

And yes CQ is mostly undesirable by most-at least the extreme grind it creates.

Prophet of Telara

Unfortunately, I agree. Also, don't worry too much about Rift pvp pre SL half the people don't realize how broken Rift pvp was back then and they have some fantasy that it was good. The only significant change that made any real difference was the introduction of domination warfronts.

Mostly pve weapons were best in slot back then and hit and focus were broken. Also, you needed a warrior for LW 90% of the time or you had immortal healers. If you didn't have a single warrior spec for LW your team was garbage vs. heal stackers. There was so much broken back then just thinking about makes me wish I never came back to Rift.

I enjoyed Rift the most in 2.5 as well, but they needed to nerf tempagon and fix warrior so they can be more than just a tank in cq. Most of the warrior players can't even get RIC in CQ because premades only want 1 or 2 warriors so they get eff'ed over. I don't even have a warrior but my friend who just left Rift gave me all his plat because he liked to pvp but had most horrible time in the current state of the game. The only player I duo queue with is my cleric defiler friend now and we go and heal warfronts as cloro with defiler link. It is still kind of OP but Trion just cares about pay to win and cash grabs not balance anymore.

This.
    Storm Legion was the death of Rift as a game i loved.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    While ranger does need some love (which it recently got a lil), basing the best time in pvp off of one soul at a time when its burst was overturned for its finisher probably isnt a sound basis to go off of.

Rift has its ups and downs; also a mud pit or two.

And yes CQ is mostly undesirable by most-at least the extreme grind it creates.
    I'm currently unable to play Rift hence I can't have a feel for the ranger buff. I have all 4 classes... All raid ready besides Warrior (Level 48)... All were grinded to level 60 strictly pvp/dungeons ... mostly pvp though. Rogue is the class which I enjoyed the most hence why I play power Ranger the most, prior to the 2.6 update. early April... my almost full Myrm power Ranger's Twin shot barely crits @ 4k....CQ didn't feel like a grind prior to 2.6. I found it very fun... the most fun I could get out of Rift's PVP content.

Plane Walker

PVP was fine until the matchmaker revamp in 2013. That's when it all went downhill. It just seemed like every change/update was negative from that point forward.

14.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #14
    Rift Team

Does everyone see the trend in this thread?

Everyone likes a different point in time.

Folks that played Paragons way back in the day probably loved the 1.1 to 1.3 time frame when Paragons could destroy anyone in a few GCDs.

I look back fondly to when Pyro-Dom was an amazing spec.

Nostalgia is a hell of a thing.

~Daglar

Mei

Quote Originally Posted by Tyaus View Post
    1.6 was the best.
    Fixed.

1.7 was a total mess of cross healing and egotistical clerics.
    Fluent

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast