+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Enough is Enough! Nightblade is Underpowered!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by V1rul3n7 View Post
    I think some nightblades need to re-roll sentinel.
    You mean the facetanking ones?

Ironic because i know a few that act like they are indeed tanks due to pockets. They think they do good as a stealth enabled rogue yet take most of the teams heals.
    Last edited by Wrastion; 04-23-2014 at 11:28 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    It would just be nice if they are not CD champions. If someone doesn't die during your 2 CD's, they won't die unless they are not being healed by anything worthy.

It's a great machine, just a CD champ. like a Defiler can make a joke out of a NB. Just alien when the Living Flame icon pops and you can pretty much live forever against one since they carry the same CD.

I don't think anyone is saying NB burst isn't great. But that's like all it has. It bursts and can save itself. Outside of two ~4 - 6 second burst windows it's crap. The 1m CD is the pro burst window. The 30s CD is the burst window that can hurt but is nothing promising of a kill either. I only run NB really if I think the answer is to massacre people by burst 1 by 1 - like healer heavy teams of fodder. All together they make tough targets, but go NB some people 1 by 1 and they will drop.

They have great pros. Heavy burst, ranged damage in melee form, great 2m cd save heal and extra CC break. The damage outside of that 1m though just isn't very scary to someone being healed competently.
    Your experience is like me telling you BD is a crappy soul. Some have it down; others dont.

You also realize i rarely ever get energy starved-look at your abilities and macro correctly. Your normal main attack should be last. This alone makes a huge difference in the base output of what my NB probably does say compared to yours if you dont do this (the macroing in order). Little tricks like this make it pretty deadly even outside its 30 sec cds and the min one. You also just need to macro its hard hitters in normally-no need to save anything.

Im sure there are little tricks in BD that make it lackluster or shiny.

Not sure what others are subspeccing either.

Why not I say. Other souls got buffed or getting buffed so might as well.

Ascendant

I don't know what you guys are doing wrong; my finishers do around 8 k normal hits and 14k crits consistently. I'm not even going to mention how insane the builders are.

L2P, I only have warlord gear....

Quote Originally Posted by Furyon13 View Post
    Why not I say. Other souls got buffed or getting buffed so might as well.
    You clearly don't understand how balance in Rift works. They don't tune with a scalpel or a sledgehammer, they use a funnel. If you request buffs for Nightblade, whatever you request will come. But it will not come to Nightblade.

Here, let me illustrate.

Enough is Enough! Nightblade is Underpowered!-funnel2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    Your experience is like me telling you BD is a crappy soul. Some have it down; others dont.

You also realize i rarely ever get energy starved-look at your abilities and macro correctly. Your normal main attack should be last. This alone makes a huge difference in the base output of what my NB probably does say compared to yours if you dont do this (the macroing in order). Little tricks like this make it pretty deadly even outside its 30 sec cds and the min one. You also just need to macro its hard hitters in normally-no need to save anything.

Im sure there are little tricks in BD that make it lackluster or shiny.

Not sure what others are subspeccing either.
    Macro NB abilities correctly? It's a straight forward spec for damage. Threatened without CDs? No good healer is dying to a NB without CD's. Good healers can live through NB's with CD's by a hair. Macro in hard hitters and don't save them? What are you going on about? Is it even a NB?

This post makes no sense and convinces me you don't even play NB. The amount of paragraphs I need to correct yours is like a 4:1 ratio.

Don't get energy starved. It's not a threat without CD to anyone good with heals. Damage is not complicated, nor is there a trick to it. And again, pretty deadly outside of it's CD's is a joke. Just stop talking about Rogues, I'd rather listen to Thiuss. He was less flat out wrong. I have every rogue soul down but tact, they aren't hard. My post about NB is magnitudes more accurate than yours, as well as my concept and grasp of Rogue knowledge. School me on a class I don't play, you won't with Rogues.

Nobody ever said NB's weren't good. But if you die to one without Cd's, your healer wasn't paying attention to you, simple as that.
    Last edited by Violacea; 04-24-2014 at 02:30 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    You clearly don't understand how balance in Rift works. They don't tune with a scalpel or a sledgehammer, they use a funnel. If you request buffs for Nightblade, whatever you request will come. But it will not come to Nightblade.

Here, let me illustrate.

Attachment 18078
    Dayam!! That's some ****e. I wished for candy not this.
    Last edited by Furyon13; 04-24-2014 at 02:34 AM.

Every nightblade needs a pocket warrior to assist bot them, keeps the dps up when the cooldowns are used.

Quote Originally Posted by Aveleys View Post
    Every nightblade needs a pocket warrior to assist bot them, keeps the dps up when the cooldowns are used.
    /assist NB

RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post

Here, let me illustrate.

Attachment 18078
    That absolutely made my day dude, holy crap.

Champion of Telara

There is no chance NB will get a buff. With all the goodies. Also, I know a few rogues who are amazing with it. Just as good as any competent warlord.

The fact is the game has a high population of horrible players of which 90% are rogues.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Sidvader View Post
    There is no chance NB will get a buff. With all the goodies. Also, I know a few rogues who are amazing with it. Just as good as any competent warlord.

The fact is the game has a high population of horrible players of which 90% are rogues.
    So, amazing nb = competent warlord?

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by JudeFromKale View Post
    So, amazing nb = competent warlord?
    The point is NB is arguably overtuned in the right hands. Overpowered. If you honestly think NB needs a buff then it is a learn to play issue. Typically, L2P comments are a troll but in this case very relevant.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Sidvader View Post
    The point is NB is arguably overtuned in the right hands. Overpowered. If you honestly think NB needs a buff then it is a learn to play issue. Typically, L2P comments are a troll but in this case very relevant.
    I was just having a little fun with your post that made it seem like an exceptionally played NB was only comparable to a competent WL. Which of course, sounded very silly.

Name one rogue that can do over 5,000 dmg with the nightblade burst.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast