+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: New chests hold BiS gear

Default New chests hold BiS gear

We were told on a livestream when this game went F2P that BiS gear would NEVER be able to be purchased with credits weather or not there's an in game purchase or not.

Also, to all of those saying removing the credit options for purchasing the chest will fix the problem, it will only allow those who have dropped a $20 or more to stay ahead of the people who didn't pay.
    Last edited by Moirg; 04-19-2014 at 02:16 PM.

guess how many times I've died to someone who spent 100s on chests, it starts with a z
    Last edited by SprawlnBrawl; 04-19-2014 at 02:53 PM.

Champion of Telara TheDoomgiver's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    guess how many times I've died to someone who spent 100s on chests, it starts with a z
    zillions???

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoomgiver View Post
    zillions???
    Bravo mate, bravo.
    New chests hold BiS gear-56d.gif

Rift Youtube Channel Rogue/Warrior PvP Guides/WFs - http://www.youtube.com/user/VirralzRiftPVP
    Virral@Seastone Guild - HOT SAUCED
    Virrallol@Seastone Guild - HOT SAUCED
    Virralqt@Seastone Guild - HOT SAUCED

I already got my first bis last night. crit axe that has more dex and crit than my myrm wep in warlord form woot. server first too
    Last edited by SprawlnBrawl; 04-20-2014 at 03:21 AM.

Ascendant

Beats putting BiS gear into CQ.

This is an enormous improvement if you ask me. People being able to purchase it with money is about the same as having the baddie CQ nerds purchase it after zerg surfing their way to R90. It requires a similar amount of effort and skill.

The guy who buys BiS gear right after hitting 60 will probably put the gear to better use than the CQ bads could.
    Last edited by Tookmyjob; 04-20-2014 at 03:38 AM.

Any promise Trion makes has a Best-Before date that is usually not far in the future. Not getting BiS from chests (=money) must have expired a few months ago.

Feel that wind in your face? That's Rift starting to gain momentum down the slippery slope.
    Last edited by Rarz; 04-20-2014 at 04:20 AM.

Plane Walker

I fail to see why this should bother me any more than the fact that people born "lucky" are getting RiCs faster in conquest than me. In other words, there are other players gearing up faster than me in a way that is completely out of my control.

At least with the boxes it means that Trion is making money ON pvp ..which is a good thing.

I think people worry way too much about how much people can advance through the use of real money. Those same people often don't have time to grind it any other way, so it is just a different type of currency. Time or Money: why should someone with a lot of money suffer because they do not have a lot of time -- when, you are saying that people with more time should benefit versus those with less time and more money. Time is money -- I see them both as types of currencies.

I already got my first bis last night. crit axe that has more dex and crit than my myrm wep in warlord form woot. server first too
    You are better off with the vendor items because you can alter them to crit power or AP on demand. I doubt I'll be upgrading my 3 weapons as they are just classic myr. weapons with all crit power. If I find an upgrade, it will be so small.

Oh, and this is sort of corny. Birthday is around the corner and I am literally out of ideas when all the relatives ask me what I want this year. I told one just $50 of credits for my game would rock. My toon is definitely more powerful after powerhousing through about 9 boxes (couldn't blow all my credits, gotta style and remove those runes). Just a couple more days of myr marks and I'll have obtained about 4 items better than top end currency items of Myr. quality (inc one nice essence I got too). My crit chance has dropped but not in a devastating way. This, if you ask me, if pure pay to win. I literally just cashed in on a birthday gift and my toon shot up in power. GG?

Just glad my birthday gift grab wasn't a lose fest of openings. Pretty much knocked a home run last night with loot. Couple server firsts.
    Last edited by Violacea; 04-20-2014 at 07:16 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

edit timer: Rockin' birthday gift, and grimly supports my stance. $$ is king now for PvP potency/progression if you want it done the fastest. Granted I could have gotten all that stuff with WL marks, but, it would have taken extra time and now I am a jump ahead. I am sure down the road I will open boxes with the same stuff I got last night but...I've played this game for 3 years+ and done things to jump my toons power curve. Never have I increased my power in such a small amount of time as when I got to throw $50 at this new box. It is what it is.

The guy who throws $50 - $100 of his paycheck at Rift every couple weeks is going to surpass the guy who naturally plays by far for PvP. Purely from a progression PoV. I realize there are still gates that exist but...mmhmm.
    Last edited by Violacea; 04-20-2014 at 07:20 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

guess how many times sprawl has read a thread and correctly identified the point

it starts with a z

Ascendant

I'm just glad the shielding trinket that everyone's after isn't widely available to everyone for marks or favor or w/e. Would be pretty annoying if everyone in wfs had that shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    guess how many times sprawl has read a thread and correctly identified the point

it starts with a z
    i know the point being made, but i dont think it's a big deal, it's not p2w and if you spend $5,000 on the shop you will have a very minimal advantage, if any, depending on your luck, over someone like me with full myrm and crafted runes, both the box purchases and upgrades are also gated by rank, so it's not like there is this massive influx of store bought r90s with BIS gear
    Last edited by SprawlnBrawl; 04-20-2014 at 07:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    You are better off with the vendor items because you can alter them to crit power or AP on demand. I doubt I'll be upgrading my 3 weapons as they are just classic myr. weapons with all crit power. If I find an upgrade, it will be so small.

Oh, and this is sort of corny. Birthday is around the corner and I am literally out of ideas when all the relatives ask me what I want this year. I told one just $50 of credits for my game would rock. My toon is definitely more powerful after powerhousing through about 9 boxes (couldn't blow all my credits, gotta style and remove those runes). Just a couple more days of myr marks and I'll have obtained about 4 items better than top end currency items of Myr. quality (inc one nice essence I got too). My crit chance has dropped but not in a devastating way. This, if you ask me, if pure pay to win. I literally just cashed in on a birthday gift and my toon shot up in power. GG?

Just glad my birthday gift grab wasn't a lose fest of openings. Pretty much knocked a home run last night with loot. Couple server firsts.
    i have the ones with crit power converted for 1.5k plat, the one i got has more crit power and dex in Warlord form

Last edited by SprawlnBrawl; 04-20-2014 at 07:39 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast