+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By ilex011
  • 1 Post By Baramos
  • 1 Post By Meaghanne
  • 1 Post By ilex011
  • 1 Post By AlwaysHealNeverDie

Thread: PvP Dungeons

  1. #1
    Ascendant ilex011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,309

    Default PvP Dungeons

    Fun idea? Stupid idea? Just thinking out loud. I think it would be fun. *Not* considering allocation of resources as a reason why no, though.

    Realistically they'd probably get as much attention from players as the asked-for 5v5 does but whatever.

    #show Flame Resistance Suit
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

  2. #2
    Ascendant Baramos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,595

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ilex011 View Post
    Fun idea? Stupid idea? Just thinking out loud. I think it would be fun. *Not* considering allocation of resources as a reason why no, though.

    Realistically they'd probably get as much attention from players as the asked-for 5v5 does but whatever.

    #show Flame Resistance Suit
    The first thing that a lot of people will think of when reading the title is Darkness Falls and that was nothing short of epic.

  3. #3
    RIFT Guide Writer Meaghanne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ilex011 View Post
    Fun idea? Stupid idea? Just thinking out loud. I think it would be fun. *Not* considering allocation of resources as a reason why no, though.

    Realistically they'd probably get as much attention from players as the asked-for 5v5 does but whatever.

    #show Flame Resistance Suit
    PVP dungeons could work. I feel it would have to be smaller scale than CQ for sure, have a purpose of kill X amount of players and maybe an objective or 2 before moving onto another section of the dungeon. First team to hit xyz objective area wins?

    I dunno, just woke up and only 1 cup of caw-fee yet. I like your style <3
    Nurse on Faeblight ~ GL of Philanthropy
    www.philanthropy-community.com
    Quote Originally Posted by MickNico View Post
    CQ needs a enema.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaramuccia View Post
    Don't worry, I'm just trying out my new forum PvP macro. It's all good.

  4. #4
    Ascendant ilex011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meaghanne View Post
    PVP dungeons could work. I feel it would have to be smaller scale than CQ for sure, have a purpose of kill X amount of players and maybe an objective or 2 before moving onto another section of the dungeon. First team to hit xyz objective area wins?

    I dunno, just woke up and only 1 cup of caw-fee yet. I like your style <3
    Yeah definitely on a smaller scale than CQ. I was thinking just a dungeon, but chucking the PvP flag on and go at it. I didn't really think of it past that, heh. One of the main reasons, if not THE main reason I hate CQ so much is that my FPS drops and it turns into a slideshow. I can barely get a cast off sometimes. I love really fast paced and intense fights though, so stuffing people into a dungeon whilst having to watch your back constantly for NPC mobs too just seems that it would be just too much fun in Rift. Set ALL the instances, even old world- all of them, to level 60 and have a ball.

    I like your style too, bb!
    Last edited by ilex011; 04-18-2014 at 12:21 PM.
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

  5. #5
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,840

    Default

    It can work. I even suggested something like that in the past with details how to prevent potential abuse.

    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...-pvp-rift.html
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

  6. #6
    Prophet of Telara Fiskerton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,120

    Default

    So... port scion?
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

    I'm a homeless stray of a raider

  7. #7
    Ascendant ilex011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysHealNeverDie View Post
    It can work. I even suggested something like that in the past with details how to prevent potential abuse.

    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...-pvp-rift.html
    Ohhh somehow I missed that- thanks for the linky! I really like your ideas.
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

  8. #8
    Ascendant ilex011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiskerton View Post
    So... port scion?
    No. Closed, claustrophobic dungeons. Not open, stone-running Scion.
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

  9. #9
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baramos View Post
    The first thing that a lot of people will think of when reading the title is Darkness Falls and that was nothing short of epic.
    DF was amazing in its day, not sure how you translate it to Rift's compartmentalized version of PvP though.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts