+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Veteran Level 60 Mage [Video]

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Seatin View Post
    I'm impressed. I beg you to teach me how to use that fast forward button sometime!

You need to zoom your camera out more tho, at the moment it looks like you're playing an FPS game. ;)

8/10 can't wait for the next one
    Com'n man o' legend I thought you were better than this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad123 View Post
    Sounds like somebody has sand in the crack.

The guy respectfully admired my talents the same as I admired his courage to demonstrate the effectiveness of mages with 61 pyromancer after being called to do so.

Maybe you can't but that's because Seatin probably is a Legend, just not for the reasons you believe.
    Last edited by V1rul3n7; 04-16-2014 at 07:52 PM.
    -=[ Virulent - 65 - P100 | Harlakk - 65 - P100 | Ascaroth - 62 - P95 | Brahman - 65 - P92 ]=-
    -=[ VirulentX - 70 - P100 | Harlakk - 70 - P92 | Ascaroth - 60 - P10 | BrahmanX - 1 - P0 ]=-
    | VIRALIST: 65 |

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by V1rul3n7 View Post
    So you saw nothing abnormal about 5 players beating on a warlord for that long.. rightttt, clearly play warrior a bit too much.
    That is not full warlord. It is a hybrid. Warlord/Paladin QQ. This is new low.
    QQ = -4
    Bad Video Quality. No enjoyable commentary. Boring and still lose with big advantage.

1/10. Sorry, try again with less QQ.
    Last edited by Planetx; 04-16-2014 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dad123 View Post
    Haha no! I genuinely admire Virulents PVP video, I look forward to seeing more from the master himself!
    #1 Hardcore Casual - Seatin - RIFT Livestreamer/YouTuber. Check out: www.twitch.tv/seatinmanoflegends and www.youtube.com/seatinmanoflegends

Quote Originally Posted by Tohrid View Post
    First in response to this. In game recording function has always had blurred recordings even in 720p, that's why I don't use it. So congratulations for going off and showing how little experience you have using it. I watched your video, in 720p, and had extreme difficulty reading textual information in the match to help me match up who was doing what on your meters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9VFUbdK8Xw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttpZExffVO8

both were using in game record function. the 2nd video was recorded with a 760 gtx sli and it was significantly worse, i don't understand why. i have found something else to record but i think would be great to know what's causing it cause i like to be lazy and just use /record sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by Zindrix View Post
    I bet you play a Warlord or a rogue something or other right?
    I believe his main is a cleric and he has a mage alt, not sure how geared the mage is.

Just dropping in for the usual "I play mage all the time and it's easy" jargon, even though his mage is prolly a fresh 60 in lower brackets playing against scrubs. Cannot confirm this though, I can confirm that he's a pretty solid player from my experience.

That's not so say he doesn't forum troll, and I have always though cleric was super easy so "good" is relative. He clearly thinks very highly of himself...
    Last edited by DrkC; 04-17-2014 at 05:43 AM.
    Fiveball@wolfsbane - Mage
    Tenball@wolfsbane - Rogue

Fik
    Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Yondaimire View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9VFUbdK8Xw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttpZExffVO8

both were using in game record function. the 2nd video was recorded with a 760 gtx sli and it was significantly worse, i don't understand why. i have found something else to record but i think would be great to know what's causing it cause i like to be lazy and just use /record sometimes
    ROLF! OMG the second video, what is that music!???!?!!!?! quality or not start with some proper tunes!
    Last edited by Fik; 04-17-2014 at 07:53 AM.

Very insightful commentary Virulent. I value your comments because you play multiple classes at a very high level, and know the difference between something being out of balance and skill. I find mages as a class of players to have a can-do attitude. This is why despite the hands they are dealt they continue to show up in warfronts.

The effort required to play mage in an effective manner exceeds others. That is not to say they are overly difficult for someone up to the challenge but there is more required in general. Timing, retreat, target selection, positioning, line of sight, all important every second of the match. Play any other class as well as you MUST play a mage and you will dominate the mage. There are no luxuries for this class. Mages exist on tightropes, other classes simply walk down the road. Its not actually a debate subject. There are simply those who know and those who don't know.
    Bajn | Levent | Pajn
    Warlock Life

Telaran

Isn't Withering Flames a dps loss? I haven't personally tested it but i read somewhere in forums that it's a dps loss if you let it to channel for more than one tick.

Quote Originally Posted by Bannj View Post
    Very insightful commentary Virulent. I value your comments because you play multiple classes at a very high level, and know the difference between something being out of balance and skill. I find mages as a class of players to have a can-do attitude. This is why despite the hands they are dealt they continue to show up in warfronts.

The effort required to play mage in an effective manner exceeds others. That is not to say they are overly difficult for someone up to the challenge but there is more required in general. Timing, retreat, target selection, positioning, line of sight, all important every second of the match. Play any other class as well as you MUST play a mage and you will dominate the mage. There are no luxuries for this class. Mages exist on tightropes, other classes simply walk down the road. Its not actually a debate subject. There are simply those who know and those who don't know.
    Put it this way dude, when I first started playing Rift I was blown up left and right because if you were there back then and remember we didn't have any of the luxuries of bolstering and the current free handouts in PvP.

It was hard earned, i had to throw myself at a wave of death constantly till eventually becoming powerful enough to scrap by a kill.

And after throwing myself at that wall enough times, I learnt a little bit each time and improved and eventually I got the gear to scrape another kill.

Rinse and repeat I ended up being completely max geared, and blowing up those people like me who were just starting out.

Why people expect it should be any different baffles me, you don't come into an MMORPG and instantly destroy everybody, you don't even do that in a fighting game or an FPS, it takes time and adjustment to learn all the abilities, unlock the ranks and become familiar with your opponents, the maps and the weapons.

Now that I have done all that as such, I have a relatively unbiased view, and even though I consider myself to be skilled you will notice by my playstyle that I never underestimate anybody, regardless of past experiences with them or what class they are playing. Because it only takes one CC and a whole chain effect can become of that which can seriously mess you over even in the most durable of souls.

The only soul that can avoid all of that, is assassin riftstalker, catching one of those out is a very very slim probability and more down to totally bad luck than anything else, which is why its my "go to" spec for killing people.

I still die on it, sometimes I get greedy, sometimes I do just make mistakes, but on that build i accept that its a limitation of my own skill rather than down to a limitation of the class I am playing.

Which is why I say that mages are underpowered, particularly Necromancer right now because its role is very VERY limited (spreading last gasp for AoE healing debuffs and pet annoyance) two things which are very easily either ignored in the case of pet spam, or simply cleansed/expires if people know what they are doing.

Necromancer needed corpse explosion to spread to provide that AoE burst damage to compliment last gasp.

But naturally people saw "corpse explosion x3" on their log when they died and immediately jumped to blame necromancer rather than their healers for not cleansing or the massive multitude of other AoE dps such as Tactician and Saboteur (both which are far more powerful in an AoE sense than any mage soul has ever been)

Even Warlord parses higher on AoE with killing field spam all with crazy durability higher pull range than a dominators control distance and comparable single target burst to a pyromancer.

But do people jump to blame those? No, they pointed the finger at Necromancer and called for "nerfs" because it seemed logical to them, when in truth it was mostly sab and tactician (and they do still dominator CQ with decent cleansing on either side) and the developers decided to go along with it and nerf it because of the immense lag it caused when that AoE burst finally went off and finished off an already crippled raid.

Did they adequately rectify the situation with corpse pile, nope, so necromancer is basically in the gutter right now which is really quite annoying.

Then there is the basics of pull range, on ALL souls.

Warlord
    Void Knight
    Druid

All 3 should have a maximum pull distance of 25m, maximum control distance for all CC without a damage component should be 30m and maximum damage distance should be 35m.

All single target knockbacks should knock the target back 30m, Electrocute in particular should knock back three times over the course of the channel decreasing in pushback for each subsequent tick.

There are many aspects of the game that needs improving and re-balancing.

Void Knight needs Devouring Shield converted into a frontal AoE cone knockback with a decent effective 160 degree radius and adequate 10m knockback with a reasonable cooldown.

High tier tank abilities need to provide CC breakers, such as lifes rapture which should also break all CC when used. Tanks need CC breakers and utility, but at a sufficiently high level.

Liberator is going to break rift PVP because of its 10 point cleanse, unless they make it so you can cleanse warrior and rogue damage effects and debuffs, I can say that right now.
    -=[ Virulent - 65 - P100 | Harlakk - 65 - P100 | Ascaroth - 62 - P95 | Brahman - 65 - P92 ]=-
    -=[ VirulentX - 70 - P100 | Harlakk - 70 - P92 | Ascaroth - 60 - P10 | BrahmanX - 1 - P0 ]=-

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly Mak View Post
    Isn't Withering Flames a dps loss? I haven't personally tested it but i read somewhere in forums that it's a dps loss if you let it to channel for more than one tick.
    Actually if you channel both beam attacks while the enemy is afflicted by countdown those last few ticks are extremely potent.

Double countdown it and try Volley into Withering Flames sometime hehe.. nasty bit of backend burst.

It's not all about the damage dude, its about WHEN the damage goes off, I had no problems or threats to worry about so it was a decent enough opportunity to use an ability which should be used more.

Im not saying it isnt a dps loss for PvE but PvP is different territory. I like to use everything I have available.

For instance;

Withering flames is pretty handy because both beam attacks have no travel time and deal damage instantly.
    Last edited by V1rul3n7; 04-18-2014 at 11:37 AM.

Plane Walker

One question Virulent.

I see you spamming firestorm AOE, I guess to flush out stealthed rogues.

Now to the question, as we all know firestorms first tick does no damage, how
    does it flush out rogues since you dont aoe more than a second in one location?

Quote Originally Posted by Drakedog View Post
    One question Virulent.

I see you spamming firestorm AOE, I guess to flush out stealthed rogues.

Now to the question, as we all know firestorms first tick does no damage, how
    does it flush out rogues since you dont aoe more than a second in one location?
    Maybe you should be asking the developers that not me.

Quote Originally Posted by Zindrix View Post
    I bet you play a Warlord or a rogue something or other right?
    Dude, nothing in Rift is that hard. The easiest Eq2 class is like way more complex than some of the most complex Rift souls - and that game wasn't overly hard to learn. I am not sure if it is lack of perspective or what that makes people think any soul in this game is complex. Any competent person can function any soul in Rift at a viable level.

Only thing I would amend to what Wick said is to extend that logic to this whole game. It's just annoying to see snarky comments come in and say "oh, bet you play a warrior/rogue, hence why you think that way". No, it's more like, I know my times tables up to 12 and can get at least C's in school.
    Last edited by Violacea; 04-20-2014 at 06:57 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

edit: As for video recording, indeed the Rift recorder does sort of lack. But you are being overly picky if you act like you can't enjoy a video at 720p rift recorder quality. Yes it can be way better, but, it sounds like refusing to watch a tube TV because you want a flat screen. Just watch the damn thing. If anyone cares, FRAPS works really good and I haven't dropped it since. It just munches your hard drive while you record.

Otherwise a video is a video. The more people post the more fun.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast