+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: PvP Dimensions - credits only

Actually i know for a fact they had a very difficult time getting the dimensions worked out to be able to pvp in them. If its so easy tonwrite code why dont you make your own game. Besides several people said long ago they would gladly pay out the roof for pvp dimensions. So they held up their end and now we are gonna renig? Whether you guys like it or not people will pay those prices. If its too rich for your blood than tough cookies, buy it when it goes on clearance like everyone else. Im sorry but in life there are the haves and the have nots. Why should this situation be any different? So long as it is cheap to participate thats all you should care about. Im really in favor of the high prive bc it will ensure alot of people dont make a bunch of troll dims and ruin the whole thing. People will buy them, some will pool their funds as well. Either way it should produce quality over quantity which imp is a higher priority.
    Landslide - Greybriar. ( Vendetta )
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

Quote Originally Posted by Landstalker View Post
    Im really in favor of the high prive bc it will ensure alot of people dont make a bunch of troll dims and ruin the whole thing. People will buy them, some will pool their funds as well. Either way it should produce quality over quantity which imp is a higher priority.
    That's dumb. There's the rating system for that, just like for normal dimensions. No need for overpriced items, you'll see quality anyway if people rate the good pvp dimensions... well, good.
    Last edited by Yaarielle; 03-26-2014 at 02:32 PM.
    Yaarissime@Greybriar, lvl 65 cleric (taking a pause from the game)
    Chewgi@Greybriar, lvl 60 warrior
    Greanie@Hailol, lvl 60 rogue
    Youshallnotpass@Hailol, lvl 20 mage

Plane Touched

Actually i know for a fact they had a very difficult time getting the dimensions worked out to be able to pvp in them. If its so easy tonwrite code why dont you make your own game. Besides several people said long ago they would gladly pay out the roof for pvp dimensions. So they held up their end and now we are gonna renig? Whether you guys like it or not people will pay those prices. If its too rich for your blood than tough cookies, buy it when it goes on clearance like everyone else. Im sorry but in life there are the haves and the have nots. Why should this situation be any different? So long as it is cheap to participate thats all you should care about. Im really in favor of the high prive bc it will ensure alot of people dont make a bunch of troll dims and ruin the whole thing. People will buy them, some will pool their funds as well. Either way it should produce quality over quantity which imp is a higher priority.
    Yeah, they'll be on clearance by next week probably since no one is going to buy them. Personally I don't care because I think all dimension things are kind of dumb, but I play MMOs and not The Sims. Also, your post seems like blind fanboyism.

Champion

Cost aside, just visited one. The scenery is a welcome change of pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Zindrix View Post
    Yeah, they'll be on clearance by next week probably since no one is going to buy them. Personally I don't care because I think all dimension things are kind of dumb, but I play MMOs and not The Sims. Also, your post seems like blind fanboyism.
    I can be one yea, im passionate about the game I really enjoy it. Why are you playing?
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

Quote Originally Posted by Niminion View Post
    I just discovered Lindsey Stirling today on my Pandora stream, I have been playing her songs all day at work from youtube!
    I don't give a **** about PvP dimensions but damn do I love Lindsey Stirling. +1

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Buy it for him if you are this passionate about it or support this person make it a group project and hold an event in it when complete. Being creative goes beyond the building part.

...and your last description of Dimensions is kind of quirky there is no holly in the dimension items....
    Quote Originally Posted by Bliter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DriftinARift View Post
    It's on the PTS I believe? there's a thread on the PTS section of the forums.

ATM it looks like just a large duel space that may include some objectives with no rewards or competitive leaderboards at all. I don't expect a lot of people to take part in them for pvp. But its something extra for the people who only build dimensions in this game. Think a lot of it will involve spending credits as well.
    That works for me. The next thing we need to work out is guilding alts for an idea.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ml#post4741374

I was going more towards an alt guild for sharing costs and ideas. Looking more like a practical necessity at that price.

I was using Dakk as an example for a lot of different reasons, he said he was broke being the first.

Holly Hobby. I should be less crude and get the name of the nightmare right.
    PvP Dimensions - credits only-.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Trion put alot of work into making this possible for us, im sure a group of people set that price on a model they feel best helps them recoup the cost it took to push out.
    Have you ever played the Arma series? People do stuff like this for free in that game. This is not magic.
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Actually i know for a fact they had a very difficult time getting the dimensions worked out to be able to pvp in them.
    Why?
    http://www.garrysmod.com/
    http://www.armaholic.com/
    http://sandboxmod.com/

If its so easy tonwrite code why dont you make your own game.
    for real? I pay Trion for that.

Besides several people said long ago they would gladly pay out the roof for pvp dimensions. So they held up their end and now we are gonna renig?
    o.O

Do you actually think like this?

Im really in favor of the high prive bc it will ensure alot of people dont make a bunch of troll dims and ruin the whole thing.
    People don't know how to not enter a dimension?

What is so sacred you think it's going to be violated by bad designers? Someone will make inappropriate shapes in their pvp dimension?
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Plane Touched

This is definately a tough subject. If the PvP players don't spend the money then this will be it, sure the price will go down but this is all we will get.

On the other hand if people buy these new PvP dimension stuff like crazy then Trion will have an incentive to release more PvP dimension items. Think of this like an experiment. There are so many more pvp dimension items they could release. Heck they probably have even talked about it. The fact is though if they don't make money off of this initial offereing then they won't bother with more pvp stuff. Instead they'll release more mounts, pets and costumes which is guaranteed to get them a profit.

I think they shouldnhold a contest. Whichever one is best at the end of the month should get a RIC.
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

I think they shouldnhold a contest. Whichever one is best at the end of the month should get a RIC.
    or 500 infinity stones.

Quote Originally Posted by Baian View Post
    This is definately a tough subject. If the PvP players don't spend the money then this will be it, sure the price will go down but this is all we will get.

On the other hand if people buy these new PvP dimension stuff like crazy then Trion will have an incentive to release more PvP dimension items. Think of this like an experiment. There are so many more pvp dimension items they could release. Heck they probably have even talked about it. The fact is though if they don't make money off of this initial offereing then they won't bother with more pvp stuff. Instead they'll release more mounts, pets and costumes which is guaranteed to get them a profit.
    For those prices they can keep the pvp dimensions. Why should I pay a sub AND still have to pay outrageous prices for pvp dimensions? I only play pvp, so my sub was that, for how long did pvp become stale why they still got my sub, now they want to charge that much for pvp dims? Screw this, not worth it. If the pvp was worth it, if the pvp dims weren't ridiculous then maybe, fact is, the pvp population is shrinking and the pvp dims will die off because the big issues are still not being fixed.

How do we find PvP dimensions? I want to see what they look like, even the simplest thrown together heap.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Champion

I think they shouldnhold a contest. Whichever one is best at the end of the month should get CHANCE for a RIC.
    Let's not get carried away now.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast