+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Don't change the CQ chest.

Plane Walker

Hmm,

I didn't come up with this, and call it carebear or w/e. But we could just go for a 3 way tie every time. Kill the boss, and each team loot the chest. WITHOUT killing each other. Guess what happens then? We're ALL geared up. But Noooooo that would be too logical for PvP'ers This way we're also giving Trion the big bird for making such a turd of a concept.

Now THAT would be working as a community heh.
    Last edited by Dreyloch; 03-07-2014 at 01:15 PM.
    Friends Don't let Friends buy Lock-boxes

Quote Originally Posted by Aveleys View Post
    This actually creates pvp in CQ and doesn't reward the team that can avoid the most fights (ie take extractors).

RNG is a great system to award rare gear.

Don't make Rift any more carebear.
    Are you kidding? Okay my compromise is leave the chest how it is but remove the RNG and have alternative ways to earn RIC. I'm shocked that people like the RNG aspect of it.

Covergirl Diamond
    <-Prophecy->
    Back in Action
    RIP Junlar the Great Cleric. I will cherish our friendship and bond for all eternity.

Rift Master

This actually creates pvp in CQ and doesn't reward the team that can avoid the most fights (ie take extractors).

It might actually create pvp but only among your remaining player. But I don't think you will have many left. Just won another CQ where we were not allowed to loot. Enough has been said about this. Since I see no changes, I am happy to be moving along soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyloch View Post
    Hmm,

I didn't come up with this, and call it carebear or w/e. But we could just go for a 3 way tie every time. Kill the boss, and each team loot the chest. WITHOUT killing each other. Guess what happens then? We're ALL geared up. But Noooooo that would be too logical for PvP'ers This way we're also giving Trion the big bird for making such a turd of a concept.

Now THAT would be working as a community heh.
    That would be absolutely funny. But you need leaders on every side.. I am sure they can do it though...but probably success rate would be like 10% of the time.

The only problem I have with the chest is that once the first wave of players gear up they will do everything in their power to prevent the rest of the game from doing so, and the CQ chest enables this kind of behavior.

Prophet of Telara

Spamming Aoes on 5-20 fps zergs is good pvp right? Not sure why people are even proud about CQ. CQ is just a outlet for special people in those select pre-made cliques to relive their days of High School drama. Chest is just awful.
    Last edited by DriftinARift; 03-07-2014 at 05:39 PM.

remove conquest and instantly make Rift less carebear

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    i have looted the chest 6 times (out of ~18 wins); 3x 50 freelancer cq marks (capped), 2x 500 infinity stones, 1x 500 empyreal slayer marks (I was capped for the week). a friend has looted 5 times and gotten 3 radiant infinity cells

that is what people are complaining about
    Exactly.

Watching other people gear up via luck is a terrible feeling and will make people quit.

The problem here is using a pve mindset on pvp progression. The difference here is that other players gearing up significantly faster (doing the same or less work) is a MAJOR problem because you're competing against them. In PVE, you're all competing against the same NPCs, so even if you don't gear up as quickly ...someone else gearing up actually helps you!

Quote Originally Posted by Aelorean View Post
    Exactly.

Watching other people gear up via luck is a terrible feeling and will make people quit.

The problem here is using a pve mindset on pvp progression. The difference here is that other players gearing up significantly faster (doing the same or less work) is a MAJOR problem because you're competing against them. In PVE, you're all competing against the same NPCs, so even if you don't gear up as quickly ...someone else gearing up actually helps you!
    This is probably the best way to say it. PvP and PvE shouldn't cross streams. At least not in SL. If they wait to 3.0 they can cross all the streams they want but the players who only enjoy Rift in one way will definitely leave and close the book knowing that they will not have to do things they don't like to be able to stand a chance in things they they do like.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 03-08-2014 at 08:43 PM.

The chest is unbelievably, shockingly horrible, and has had a huge negative impact on CQ play. The only people who like it are the same people whose premades roll to easy wins every single time. These are people who argue that the mindless AoE silliness at the eye at the end of the match somehow is "PvP". These are not people who have the overall health of the game at heart.

Rift Disciple

Tie's are the best part of conquest you can actually hear them cry.

Shadowlander

Default Couldn't disagree more

Quote Originally Posted by Marnos View Post
    Now they have fixed chat, CQ is in a very good state right now for NA cluster. Healthy competition and uncommon rewards.

~Cheers

Assistant
    CQ needs to be retired. It's a 5 FPS cluster with PVE rewards. This is not a means to further the PVP community. Certain guilds that seemingly dominate CQ love it because they can now more or less just prevent anyone from progressing. Not only that some people who have taken the time to do end-game content that farm instances like FT will be easily passed while CQ dominators that like to PUG-stomp can upgrade equipment without ever putting in the time in PVE. I myself do both and think that there needs to be different rewards provided for each play style. I think perhaps a reward system that rewards players in the top 10 of each division get a RNG reward that can be used to upgrade existing PVP gear.

I think guilds like HK and ABL have ruined PVP, with their OP PMs and raid stacking, both complaining about the other cheating or stacking. its comedy on roids. You take anyone of them one on one and they drop like a sack of potatoes. Don't bother flaming me or QQ blah blah...I haven't posted in like 2 years and it will be another 2 years before I come back here. I just say what everyone else is afraid to say because they don't want to be black-listed, but I don't care.

Shadowlander

Default Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    This is probably the best way to say it. PvP and PvE shouldn't cross streams. At least not in SL. If they wait to 3.0 they can cross all the streams they want but the players who only enjoy Rift in one way will definitely leave and close the book knowing that they will not have to do things they don't like to be able to stand a chance in things they they do like.
    Everything you said times 2.

Shadowlander

Default weiner

Cq is a joke and was and never will be pvp.

Shadowlander

Default getfarmed

stop smoking crack dood.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast