+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree131Likes

Thread: Conquest random chest is the most upsetting thing in rift for me ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion333 View Post
    Totally agree! Players who are not level 90 should not get a high end loot. People who are level 90 paid their dues!
    This does not make any sense at all. "We have content for you now that you are level 60, but nobody will like you because you are undergeared, you won't want to play the content because we have removed any incentive for you from the loot table, and we want to reinforce an atmosphere that treats you like a 2nd class citizen to those who have rank."

Reinforcing an idea with an expression is a hollow way to justify it. I think there is already enough self-entitlement going on in these forums.

"I play, therefore I should get loot, gimme gimme gimme now now now."

"I play more, therefore others should not get loot, if they do I'm jelly jelly jelly."

~Cheers

Assistant

Quote Originally Posted by Marnos View Post
    This does not make any sense at all. "We have content for you now that you are level 60, but nobody will like you because you are undergeared, you won't want to play the content because we have removed any incentive for you from the loot table, and we want to reinforce an atmosphere that treats you like a 2nd class citizen to those who have rank."

Reinforcing an idea with an expression is a hollow way to justify it. I think there is already enough self-entitlement going on in these forums.

"I play more, therefore others should not get loot, if they do I'm jelly jelly jelly."

~Cheers

Assistant
    You use that word wrong though. To be honest, you should look up what it means. Entitled people usually want things handed to them without doing anything but purely existing. I log into your game, I spend a few minutes playing, I deserve best in slot now just because I waste 1 min. of my time just to log into your game... That would be a self entitled person.

This guy actually is saying to the devs I'll do the time but everyone else should have to do it to. The cq chest is as self entitled as it can be. It is basically relic hand outs to random players every game and they don't really have to do anytime /played like everyone else has been doing all along.

Chest looted: 110 times
    Cells looted: 0

This system rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by eniac View Post
    Chest looted: 110 times
    Cells looted: 0

This system rocks.
    please update pigeon crusher with a counter like this

Rift Chaser

~Cheers

Assistant

And the gap just keeps getting wider. I can't even imagine what it's like for new PvP players stepping into matches with people in relic gear. That's a guaranteed way to sour new players permanently on PvP, all but guaranteeing they'll never come back.
    Arete@Threesprings - Starslight@Wolfsbane

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    You use that word wrong though. To be honest, you should look up what it means. Entitled people usually want things handed to them without doing anything but purely existing. I log into your game, I spend a few minutes playing, I deserve best in slot now just because I waste 1 min. of my time just to log into your game... That would be a self entitled person.

This guy actually is saying to the devs I'll do the time but everyone else should have to do it to. The cq chest is as self entitled as it can be. It is basically relic hand outs to random players every game and they don't really have to do anytime /played like everyone else has been doing all along.
    Your ignorant arrogance is ironic. This "guy" actually is saying to the devs, "I did the time, I earned the rank, so you gave me gear they cannot wear, now I want you to give me more; this time, to give me more, I want you to take from others."

Those that have "done the time" already get rewarded, this person is asking for even more special treatment for no additional work done.

You clearly aren't as smart as you think you are, perhaps you should go look up some words.

~Cheers

Assistant
    Last edited by Marnos; 03-08-2014 at 05:57 PM.

Those that have "done the time" already get rewarded, this person is asking for even more special treatment for no additional work done.
    Grinding CQ is additional work. He is asking for players to actually work for the gear and not get handed it freely. What is the purpose of giving out relics to players who have 0 experience with the content. Have you logged in lately to see how many players don't even know what a Radiant Infinity Cell is? There are new players who are getting gold relics while vets are getting nothing. It is debatable what you feel self entitlement is.

Most of the community that uses that word absolutely doesn't realize what it means. If some one worked for it they are entitled to get it that is the right way. If you worked 40 hours a week don't you expect to get payed? If someone told you, you are not going to get payed since that is sense of self entitlement. Wouldn't you be like WTF?

"Self-Entitled" is totally different. Here is an example. If JLo walked into Daglars office and said I want to play Rift. And because I am JLo I want to have everything before it even comes out just because I am a superstar and associating my name to your game brand.. That is self entitlement. People should be entitled to get things they work for, imo. The chest is open to everyone at 60.. so in a sense it is not entitled to anyone which I understand what you mean but these players are not self entitled. A better word is loyal players. Players that have been through the grind and through the ditches. This chest does in fact make newbies into power houses simply because gear DOES MATTER for PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetSeoul View Post
    And the gap just keeps getting wider. I can't even imagine what it's like for new PvP players stepping into matches with people in relic gear. That's a guaranteed way to sour new players permanently on PvP, all but guaranteeing they'll never come back.
    Here we go again. This mentality that keeps popping up that everyone should be equal is nuts.
    So what if a new lv 60 player goes up against fully geared players. It called progression. Rift always keeps the highest geared players at the same lv till the average player catches up and then adds another lv. By the way the upgrades for the new pvp gear is not that big.
    By the way I got my second cell today which should make people that haven't got any that have open as many as me upset and I don't blame them. I'm still in favor or the 1/20 of a cell in every chest.
    Mickdayblind NA Defiant

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by MickNico View Post
    Here we go again. This mentality that keeps popping up that everyone should be equal is nuts.
    So what if a new lv 60 player goes up against fully geared players. It called progression. Rift always keeps the highest geared players at the same lv till the average player catches up and then adds another lv. By the way the upgrades for the new pvp gear is not that big.
    By the way I got my second cell today which should make people that haven't got any that have open as many as me upset and I don't blame them. I'm still in favor or the 1/20 of a cell in every chest.
    And exactly how many times is that?

Your ignorant arrogance is ironic. This "guy" actually is saying to the devs, "I did the time, I earned the rank, so you gave me gear they cannot wear, now I want you to give me more; this time, to give me more, I want you to take from others."

You clearly aren't as smart as you think you are, perhaps you should go look up some words.

~Cheers

Assistant

Insults are the last refuge of someone who has no facts on his side.

i agree. i cancelled my sub last week from the frustration of not getting radiants. pvp gear has always been aout grinding it out; it's what separates us from the pve'ers. it's even ridiculous that we as pvpers have to do pve type **** in order to get bis now. i've even comtemplating renewing my wow sub.
    "That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche
    Aym @ Seastone
    GM of Stealthed Lives Matter

Quote Originally Posted by Reverence3 View Post
    And exactly how many times is that?
    Read my post on page 3 and it should give you some idea. Keep into account that is how many chest open not how many CQ I had to go into to get those chests opened and how many times my team won but couldn't open the chest.
    Mickdayblind NA Defiant

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ardor View Post
    Insults are the last refuge of someone who has no facts on his side.
    Indeed. I have always looked at the personal attack in a debate as the white flag of surrender.
    Kagukan - Greybriar - My old dimension "I call it home" Stone Flask Tavern. Latest dimension "Blue Toilet Paper" Moonshade Highlands. Stop by for a visit.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    Grinding CQ is additional work. He is asking for players to actually work for the gear and not get handed it freely. What is the purpose of giving out relics to players who have 0 experience with the content. Have you logged in lately to see how many players don't even know what a Radiant Infinity Cell is? There are new players who are getting gold relics while vets are getting nothing. It is debatable what you feel self entitlement is.

Most of the community that uses that word absolutely doesn't realize what it means. If some one worked for it they are entitled to get it that is the right way. If you worked 40 hours a week don't you expect to get payed? If someone told you, you are not going to get payed since that is sense of self entitlement. Wouldn't you be like WTF?

"Self-Entitled" is totally different. Here is an example. If JLo walked into Daglars office and said I want to play Rift. And because I am JLo I want to have everything before it even comes out just because I am a superstar and associating my name to your game brand.. That is self entitlement. People should be entitled to get things they work for, imo. The chest is open to everyone at 60.. so in a sense it is not entitled to anyone which I understand what you mean but these players are not self entitled. A better word is loyal players. Players that have been through the grind and through the ditches. This chest does in fact make newbies into power houses simply because gear DOES MATTER for PvP.
    Meh, you and Ardor have ruined and derailed this thread. Done arguing. Suggesting that Trion take away an incentive for 60s to join a CQ match is a bad idea.

"You can join, but you won't get to loot the chest if you help your team win and spawn the chest; meanwhile, we encourage you to read the forums where you'll find r90 players boast about joining at timer."

Inconsiderate suggestions supported and reinforced by a jealous and self-entitled population that views newer gamers as a second-rate class.

Just ask AquaBeerLand, they will overtly tell you it is their strategy to use the PUGs, predominantly under-geared, newer players, as pawns & meat shields; of course they do not deserve a chance to loot a RIC at the end of a match.

~Cheers

Assistant

Meh, you and Ardor have ruined and derailed this thread. Done arguing. Suggesting that Trion take away an incentive for 60s to join a CQ match is a bad idea.

"You can join, but you won't get to loot the chest if you help your team win and spawn the chest; meanwhile, we encourage you to read the forums where you'll find r90 players boast about joining at timer."

Inconsiderate suggestions supported and reinforced by a jealous and self-entitled population that views newer gamers as a second-rate class.

Just ask AquaBeerLand, they will overtly tell you it is their strategy to use the PUGs, predominantly under-geared, newer players, as pawns & meat shields; of course they do not deserve a chance to loot a RIC at the end of a match.

~Cheers

Assistant
    how can you keep posting with infraction? why trion didn't delete your avatar pics, like they do in other cases?

cq is bad, chest as it is like now is bad, rng in gear progression is bad. rift way in pvp is bad.

I wish I didn't renew my year sub in December and I should left when I had to start pve for pvp.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast