+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree131Likes

Thread: Conquest random chest is the most upsetting thing in rift for me ever.

Shield of Telara

I don't think anyone wants them to be common, just remove the randomness. I would personally rather have weekly pvp quests grant an additional token, and with X amount of tokens you can purchase a radiant cell. At least this way you can measure your progress and ensure that eventually if you put in enough effort you will be rewarded, unlike the current system where maybe you'll win the cell lottery and get 5 cells, and maybe you will suck and never get a single one

Quote Originally Posted by Reverence3 View Post
    make it 1 million or 1.5 million or whatever. Just give us an alternate way rather than grinding CQ and learning to hate this game.
    No please no..... you do realise that after you do actually get a RIC you need 840kish fav for some items like the chest. Are you saying you'd like to grind 2 mill fav for 1 upgrade. No thank you. other suggestions are better like 1/10th cells in the chest and add them to the weeklies or something as well. I mean yes the drop rate on these is stupid but when you've got one you will realise how ridiculous it is to get the warlord cells to go with it.
    Last edited by deathstormer; 03-05-2014 at 12:37 AM.

Any grind is better than a completely random chance. Grinding will keep the pvp'ers playing. Unfortunately, relying strictly on luck most likely will not.

I am still crossing my fingers the powers that be will realize this...soon.

I want to renew my patron status, but I won't until they remove the RNG element from PvP gear.

inb4..but, but killing just for the fun of killing should be good enough. *sigh*
    Gigglepantz - Wolfsbane <Stealth Inc>

Did you just get attacked by a pair of short pantz?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelebra View Post
    Doesn't increase the drop rate but certainly fosters a better community and people always like a nice bump from others. I am starting to think you and I are the only ones who play this game for PvP and not the gear, I wish people would just sit back and enjoy the content or go do something else in game.
    I didn't care about gear before ric, because I was sure no matter what if I participate I got my gear. even if it takes months, if I do dailies-weeklies gear is coming. Now I cant see the light.
    Every single unsuccessful chest loot brakes and shrinks something inside me. rift doesn't give me joy and fun, but pure frustrating now. and you know what? in December I just renewed a year patronship. it was a huge mistake. never ever in my gamer life I will do the same mistake and renew a whole year. if I would know rics before I would give trion a s***t not money. in that case if they change this system and I stay (for god sake I LOVED THIS GAME) I will buy only monthly, or just patron pass in the future. or maybe nothing lol. or maybe I consider I put my money in the wrong place and step forward.

Enjoy the content? cq is a content. iam sure it is the most hatred content in the game and still here. why? somebody please explain this to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothi View Post
    Yes there is. Killing lots of other players with your R90 weapons. The game starts at R90, CQ chest is just a random stat bonus.
    IMO the game begins to die at R90.

Rift started in 2011. Since then very few things were added to PvP... we had a couple of new WFs, PvP daylies, and the almighty CQ... The problem now is that you need to run these same old maps all the time to get to R90 (where the game is supposed to start), i know PvP content lasts longer than PvE's, but when you come at the the point where you know by memory each pixel of each map a sense of repetitiveness it's unavoidable...
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=806168&dateline=13715  70211

Enjoy the content? cq is a content. iam sure it is the most hatred content in the game and still here. why? somebody please explain this to me.
    Because people play it. A lot of people. It's too convenient not to. Thing is, if you make yourself play content you hate, you'll end up hating the entire game.

When I was a fresh 90 I played it to grind out marks and prestige. When I accomplished that I was pretty relieved and stopped going into CQ. Then the new PA levels came out so I went into CQ to grind out my PA levels. When that was done I was pretty happy because I was done with CQ. Then the chests came and I pretty much said **** it. Seriously what am I going to do with top PvP gear anyway? CQ? The same warfronts I've been doing for years and am sick of?

No thanks.

Trion is under the mistaken impression that PvP is a revolving door in this game because once players have no more gear to grind they leave. Wrong. They leave because once they gear out they're so weary of doing the same content over and over an over that they can't stand it anymore. There's no competitive PvP, no WPvP, no nothing except the same thing they've been doing forever.

I no longer feel compelled to que for CQ, or play the game at all really. Good job causing long time players to despise your game, Daglar.
    I saw a 20k health warrior today 3 shot me as tempest, and I have 4x piece Myrmidon on my alt. ~ Gunzip

Don't play .. just wait even if you have to wait to 3.0. There is no reason to encourage Trion on its tactics. The strategy is flawed. They will realize it and fix it. The end of your frustration ends with the chest.. nothing after that matters. Nothing new will appease you so you have opportunity at the moment to not even care...when you don't care you are no longer frustrated. If they made it a 6 month grind where you can mark date on calendar it would be even more frustration over the course of those 6 months. At this point you simply don't have to care.. and all your frustration ends. I simply don't care because most of my enjoyment came from playing multiple classes and I would need 44 rics to gear my toons which is not possible.. so I don't care.. no frustration at all. Also, I refuse to be locked to one class knowing the way they balance classes in the game.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 03-05-2014 at 12:07 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Maul STK View Post
    IMO the game begins to die at R90.

Rift started in 2011. Since then very few things were added to PvP... we had a couple of new WFs, PvP daylies, and the almighty CQ... The problem now is that you need to run these same old maps all the time to get to R90 (where the game is supposed to start), i know PvP content lasts longer than PvE's, but when you come at the the point where you know by memory each pixel of each map a sense of repetitiveness it's unavoidable...
    That's true, WFs are repetitive. RIFT needs to push players out of Tempest Bay into Contested areas, and make world PvP a viable choice for ranking up. When this game started it had many good concepts in terms of open world adventure, but slipped back into instanced mini-games just like WoW.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    Don't play .. just wait even if you have to wait to 3.0. There is no reason to encourage Trion on its tactics. The strategy is flawed. They will realize it and fix it. The end of your frustration ends with the chest.. nothing after that matters. Nothing new will appease you so you have opportunity at the moment to not even care...when you don't care you are no longer frustrated. If they made it a 6 month grind where you can mark date on calendar it would be even more frustration over the course of those 6 months. At this point you simply don't have to care.. and all your frustration ends. I simply don't care because most of my enjoyment came from playing multiple classes and I would need 44 rics to gear my toons which is not possible.. so I don't care.. no frustration at all. Also, I refuse to be locked to one class knowing the way they balance classes in the game.
    It could be worse. You could go into WF in your prestige-1 gear and face prestige-8 players who would slaughter you over, and over, and over for 6 months until you catch up in a grind.

At least you won't be facing full legendary Myrmidon geared players for a while, and when you do, gear reset will be just around the corner.

I find it disappointing that trion developers have not responded to the chest issue with a "we hear you and will change things" or "it's here to stay".

What that tells me is that they do not intend to do anything about it and don't even want to post anything in case it inflames the issue. I won't hold my breath waiting anymore.

I find it interesting that pve get a Radiant Infinity Cell from a 20 man raid which would suggest 1/20 chance of getting it. Yet pvp get random crap in chest.

Give us then a 1/20 of a cell in a chest and if the pve start crying do the same in their 20 man raid. Problem solved.
    Mickdayblind NA Defiant

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    Because pve is not a competition. It is only fabricated between the players trying to beat on a stick and epeen the dps/hps meters. It becomes repetitive after awhile as well. And usually you find that if you wait long enough you will outgrow the content. Pvpers do not outgrow any content. They have to stay at the top of the game within all the pvp content being produced since day 1 of rift. They need to grind rank 1-90, not hit 60 gear up in a week and start doing top tier raids of SL It is not like they have to start at GSB then ROS then HK then ID then all the rest of the SL raids.

PvP works totally different from pve as well. For instance, Daglar cannot just turn a knob in pve and make you do 90% less dps globally. If they were able to do that then I would say it was on equal grounds. Also, there wouldn't even be a need to balance classes dps wise as the dps will be rather low.. Around 1.5k-2k dps for all the classes ST.. And the servers would probably run much smoother since less calculations. And once new raids come out they can just nerf you by 500 dps with a knob turn and force you to regrind back up to the same dps/hps you were before.
    PvE is way harder than PvP. PvP doesnt matter if you have skill or not, its mainly based on who is higher geared. PvE you have 1 hit mechanics to interrupt/avoid. PvE if you stand in the bad you are not going to be healed through it (In raids) so youll die. PvP is so easy with the right healer. I'm in freelancer gear, being focused by 4+ Myrmidon guys and I can last a good 5+ minutes in a fight. In PvE thats not going to happen, youre gonna get your behind handed to you. Especially when you have tier 2 raid tanks getting hit for over 78k damage on Iskaal from IDH(Tier 1 raid) So tell me again where is this skill that is in pvp? oh its Puri spam, or Assassin stealth scrubs.I believe Rogues take up about 85%-95% of the pvp pop. Yea that sure takes alot of skill *Rolls Eyes*
    Last edited by Redhead; 03-06-2014 at 01:45 AM.
    A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves. -Lao Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by Redhead View Post
    PvE is way harder than PvP. PvP doesnt matter if you have skill or not, its mainly based on who is higher geared. PvE you have 1 hit mechanics to interrupt/avoid. PvE if you stand in the bad you are not going to be healed through it (In raids) so youll die. PvP is so easy with the right healer. I'm in freelancer gear, being focused by 4+ Myrmidon guys and I can last a good 5+ minutes in a fight. In PvE thats not going to happen, youre gonna get your behind handed to you. So tell me again where is this skill that is in pvp? oh its Puri spam, or Assassin stealth scrubs. Yea that sure takes alot of skill *Rolls Eyes*
    please don't post anymore
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by deathstormer View Post
    No please no..... you do realise that after you do actually get a RIC you need 840kish fav for some items like the chest. Are you saying you'd like to grind 2 mill fav for 1 upgrade. No thank you. other suggestions are better like 1/10th cells in the chest and add them to the weeklies or something as well. I mean yes the drop rate on these is stupid but when you've got one you will realise how ridiculous it is to get the warlord cells to go with it.
    Your missing the point, all anyone is asking for is a change. There are a lot of good ideas on what should be done, doesn't necessarily mean it has to be favor based.

Telaran

PvE is way harder than PvP. PvP doesnt matter if you have skill or not, its mainly based on who is higher geared. PvE you have 1 hit mechanics to interrupt/avoid. PvE if you stand in the bad you are not going to be healed through it (In raids) so youll die. PvP is so easy with the right healer. I'm in freelancer gear, being focused by 4+ Myrmidon guys and I can last a good 5+ minutes in a fight. In PvE thats not going to happen, youre gonna get your behind handed to you. Especially when you have tier 2 raid tanks getting hit for over 78k damage on Iskaal from IDH(Tier 1 raid) So tell me again where is this skill that is in pvp? oh its Puri spam, or Assassin stealth scrubs.I believe Rogues take up about 85%-95% of the pvp pop. Yea that sure takes alot of skill *Rolls Eyes*
    This post is so accurate, reasons inc!

1. Gear doesn't matter in PVE
    2. Fights in PVE change every time
    3. Youre a liar, it takes 7 "Myrmidon guys" 13 minutes to kill anyone
    4. I lol'd at number 3
    5. <insert another valid reason>
    6. Never argue with a ginger (except Aveleys, he's a ****ty assassin stealth scrub)

Reported for ignorance

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast