+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree131Likes

Thread: Conquest random chest is the most upsetting thing in rift for me ever.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Gigglepantz View Post
    The whole random thing just doesnít work for pvp'ers. This s**t isn't going to fly. We donít operate like that. Our mentality is if we put in the time and work for it, then we get the better gear.
    Why are PVPers so special the rules that apply to PVEers shouldn't apply to them? PVEers "put in the time and work for it" just like you .. often moreso, since PVP can be AFKed through as shown time and time and time again.

PVPers are special flowers because ... ?

Quote Originally Posted by Marnos View Post
    Yes, Trion, discourage anyone not ranked 80-90 from participating, so those who are clearly more deserving do not have to endure any breaking of the mind induced by witnessing non-deserving scrubs obtain RICs. Heaven forbid somebody congratulate that person...

~Cheers

Assistant
    just forgive me, I cant afford to farm cq 24/7, Iam able to loot chest 2-4/day. 3 weeks no ric so far, when will I able to upgrade my gear? we need 11 ric afaik. we got expansion 3.0 before we can upgrade every single piece. why should I bother then? for that +3 dexterity lol. I just want better chance to whom really in need. why should we rival with everybody in cq? if its not possible make t1 raid available with 75 hit. I want to join a raid with pvp gear and not spend a fortune on pve gear, farm hunt rifts and so on. so who can enter cq that can enter a raid and kill crucia. no gear minimum or hit or any other stat need to join cq. even raiders do that at timer. if somebody roll on ric in raid they do it because they have upgradable gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Kartia View Post
    just forgive me, I cant afford to farm cq 24/7, Iam able to loot chest 2-4/day. 3 weeks no ric so far, when will I able to upgrade my gear? we need 11 ric afaik. we got expansion 3.0 before we can upgrade every single piece. why should I bother then? for that +3 dexterity lol. I just want better chance to whom really in need. why should we rival with everybody in cq? if its not possible make t1 raid available with 75 hit. I want to join a raid with pvp gear and not spend a fortune on pve gear, farm hunt rifts and so on. so who can enter cq that can enter a raid and kill crucia. no gear minimum or hit or any other stat need to join cq. even raiders do that at timer. if somebody roll on ric in raid they do it because they have upgradable gear.
    Two things: blocking others from getting it will not increase your chances from getting it, just ask anybody who has been on the losing team yet defended the chest afterwards. Also, nobody here needs anything.

Is it possible that you are jealous when you see someone else loot a RIC, when you have not? I am with you on the schedule, during the week I get 2-4 chances a night. Why not stop worrying so much over how uncommon the gear is and just play the game. Think about things that can make the experience more fun, and let the gear surprise you when it drops. Lastly, start congratulating others when they get their RICs (I hear it increases your chances of getting one too)..

~Cheers

Assistant

Quote Originally Posted by Kerin View Post
    Why are PVPers so special the rules that apply to PVEers shouldn't apply to them? PVEers "put in the time and work for it" just like you .. often moreso, since PVP can be AFKed through as shown time and time and time again.

Because pve is not a competition. It is only fabricated between the players trying to beat on a stick and epeen the dps/hps meters. It becomes repetitive after awhile as well. And usually you find that if you wait long enough you will outgrow the content. Pvpers do not outgrow any content. They have to stay at the top of the game within all the pvp content being produced since day 1 of rift. They need to grind rank 1-90, not hit 60 gear up in a week and start doing top tier raids of SL It is not like they have to start at GSB then ROS then HK then ID then all the rest of the SL raids.

PvP works totally different from pve as well. For instance, Daglar cannot just turn a knob in pve and make you do 90% less dps globally. If they were able to do that then I would say it was on equal grounds. Also, there wouldn't even be a need to balance classes dps wise as the dps will be rather low.. Around 1.5k-2k dps for all the classes ST.. And the servers would probably run much smoother since less calculations. And once new raids come out they can just nerf you by 500 dps with a knob turn and force you to regrind back up to the same dps/hps you were before.

Because they gave us a PvE upgrade path to our PvP gear.

Sure you could argue "omg conquest power" or "omg trinket" however;

1) Conquest power is guaranteed for just logging into conquest waiting a few mins/hitting something then leaving, and now its easier than ever to keep it topped up.

2) Trinket WAS a BiS, it isn't anymore, rightfully so.
    -=[ Virulent - 65 - P100 | Harlakk - 65 - P100 | Ascaroth - 62 - P95 | Brahman - 65 - P92 ]=-
    -=[ VirulentX - 70 - P100 | Harlakk - 70 - P92 | Ascaroth - 60 - P10 | BrahmanX - 1 - P0 ]=-
    | VIRALIST: 65 |

To be fair, people can pretty much AFK through raids and dungeons and get amazing gear. I see it all the time. For instance, last week, my new level 60 mage was doing an iDH run. Three mage items dropped. They were all won by the one other mage in the group, for whom they weren't even an upgrade; he was ninja'ing them and no one cared. The best part is that he was one of two healers in the raid, and the tank died repeatedly.

tl;dr - Worthless PvE players get great gear just as often as worthless PvP players.

Quote Originally Posted by Marnos View Post
    Two things: blocking others from getting it will not increase your chances from getting it, just ask anybody who has been on the losing team yet defended the chest afterwards. Also, nobody here needs anything.

Is it possible that you are jealous when you see someone else loot a RIC, when you have not? I am with you on the schedule, during the week I get 2-4 chances a night. Why not stop worrying so much over how uncommon the gear is and just play the game. Think about things that can make the experience more fun, and let the gear surprise you when it drops. Lastly, start congratulating others when they get their RICs (I hear it increases your chances of getting one too)..

~Cheers

Assistant
    Doesn't increase the drop rate but certainly fosters a better community and people always like a nice bump from others. I am starting to think you and I are the only ones who play this game for PvP and not the gear, I wish people would just sit back and enjoy the content or go do something else in game.
    Marrow of Seastone (Cleric-Main)
    Kelebra of Seastone (Mage-Alt)
    Remorse of Seastone (Warrior-Alt)
    Nine of Seastone (Rogue-Alt)

Here is the difference and why Pvpers are so upset. If you are a dedicated raider, you will eventually get your upgrades. It may take some time and you have to stand in line, do a lot of grinding, find the right guild that is capable of downing the bosses, learn the strategy etc, but if you do these things, you will get your goodies. This is how it should be and I would not change this.

Not so with this silly chest. Its completely RNG. You can win a 100 CQ's and not loot a single cell, where a complete newb in greens can win three in succession. So the reward system is skewered. Those that take the time to form teams, lead groups, etc may get nothing.

I have canceled my patron subscription as a result of this. I have gone 0/25 and I just don't feel like doing it anymore. I am capped on Favor, Capped on freelancer marks, Capped on Warlord and Myrmidon Marks and I am not even R90 yet. I just don't feel like beyond hitting R90, there is anything to play for.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Abraxas79 View Post
    I just don't feel like beyond hitting R90, there is anything to play for.
    Yes there is. Killing lots of other players with your R90 weapons. The game starts at R90, CQ chest is just a random stat bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothi View Post
    Yes there is. Killing lots of other players with your R90 weapons. The game starts at R90, CQ chest is just a random stat bonus.
    The sooner everyone realizes this the better off they will all be.
    Marrow of Seastone (Cleric-Main)
    Kelebra of Seastone (Mage-Alt)
    Remorse of Seastone (Warrior-Alt)
    Nine of Seastone (Rogue-Alt)

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by KillerTomato View Post
    When the vast majority of the pvp playerbase thinks the mechanism to upgrade pvp gear sucks, you might have thought Trion would listen. I've played since open beta and this is the second thing I've felt strongly enough to post about. Things like class balance are fluid, this rng is just plain stupid.

We've never had rng for pvp gear before - who thought it would be a good idea now? Whoever did should think again.
    This is exactly it. 99% of the pvp player base feels the current chest system is terrible.... and honestly most hate CQ because it is PVE based and the pvp encounters are crap aoe spam. The only reason why most do CQ is to get the gear, not becuase they enjoy it. Here's a novel idea, how about pvp upgrades be aquired through pvp? Make RIC's purchasable by favor....make it 1 million or 1.5 million or whatever. Just give us an alternate way rather than grinding CQ and learning to hate this game.

Rift Disciple

Sometimes you cannot even loot the chest despite having the rights to it. Just today there was a tie between 2 teams in conquest and what happened was that 1 team wiped the other at the chest spawn, looted their own chest and then camped there untill the end to prevent the other team from getting it. Working as intended? Then the intent must be to piss people off.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothi View Post
    So the reverse is true, if it is so minor...why even have introduced it? This is a progression game, ppl are going to want to progress...it is human nature to have the best available. Just most ppl like to work for it and not participate in a lottery for a chance at it...pretty simple actually.
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

~Daglar

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Lords0fpain View Post
    So the reverse is true, if it is so minor...why even have introduced it? This is a progression game, ppl are going to want to progress...it is human nature to have the best available. Just most ppl like to work for it and not participate in a lottery for a chance at it...pretty simple actually.
    The "lottery" style of CQ chest frees me from having to grind for it. It's quite nice actually.

Champion

and PVErs can't be carried through raids? someone better tell Afflaction to stop running their commercials.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast