Like Tree11Likes
  • 5 Post By Kronos v
  • 3 Post By Raistlinxx
  • 1 Post By mialighthawk
  • 1 Post By Violacea
  • 1 Post By The Thondrin

Thread: Things i'd rather see drop from the Conquest Chest

Default Things i'd rather see drop from the Conquest Chest

Marks of Notoriety. PvE grind just seems like a sadistic form of assisted suicide to me. (Others consider CQ grind much the same).

PvP Consumables. Players still gearing up almost never spend favour on these. They need them.

Runes. Players still gearing up often don't have these. They need them

New PvP Essences. Because we need new PvP essences, though for the newer players the current Freelancer Essences would suffice. Also, PvP Greater Essences, please.

Platinum. Because the life of a PvPer is a life of poverty. In Conquest we cant even loot Plat of corpses!

Rare PvP Vanity Pets. Unique to Conquest please.

Rare PvP Mounts. Unique to Conquest please.

Hats! or other Unique to Conquest Costume items.

An I Win Button. Because you did. An item with no real game effect other than a cool animation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Shield of Telara

Also, with the chests we get from our PvP dailies, add armour/weapons similar to what it does now, but with vengeance/valor on them. Mainly towards below 60 brackets so people actually can get random PvP gear and wear it in those brackets otherwise majority of people now, don't bother and just save it up for 60 which defeats the purpose of PvP gear in lower brackets. That, and by the time you even get a full set of PvP gear for which ever bracket, you're either just about to leave that bracket or not far from it, depending on how much PvP you've done.

For armour/weapons from chests at level 60, obviously just make it so the gear doesn't get better then warlord or myrmidon gear.

Could also allow us to sell it ( including the current PvP gear obtained with favor ) back for favor.

P.S. Remove the stupid caps, e.g. favor. Duh.

P.P.S. Good idea Kronos.

Add a .00001% chance for an item that resets Rift to pre-Storm leigon.
    Id play conquest for even that tiny chance.

I thought this was gonna be a troll, (i'd rather see pink bunny slippers that do nothing.) but those are some good ideas. Marks of notoriety and plat especially. I've already got all the inf stones and freelancer cq marks i could ever use, thanks.
    Last edited by mialighthawk; 02-16-2014 at 10:15 PM.

Aye, there are a lot of potential things they can offer up if it is going to be an RNG grab. Right now it seems like it's infinity cell of near junk. A lot of ideas that come out for PvP are good, just unpolished =/. It's like that school assignment you had a long time to do but did it the last night or two. Got it done but, it could have been more thoughtful. I hope they take your idea Kro although I think they should keep it PvP. I may share this idea with others but, I would hope they can just come to a point where on the path to the top crossover may exist but, at the top to have full itemization within that style of gameplay. I think Trion has seen enough the result of obligating progression through other areas.

While RNG is annoying, it does give you more legitimacy to giving more quality items from it. If they polished the idea up some and perhaps chests were not just available through one singular source, they could come up with something quite attractive and have a variety of items available. I always remembered mobs when I raided sometimes had god-awful loot. Like the stuff where you break down the WW1st into components because it's that bad. I feel like if you don't get an infinity cell, it feels like that.

Some creativity could add in some existing items and perhaps more new items for PvP gameplay. And if they decided to add in RNG flavor to progression they should source it from more than 1 out of 3 teams winning CQ. I think people hate the overall idea way less than they hate that CQ is the exclusive one and only way and that way is quite strict.
    Last edited by Violacea; 02-16-2014 at 11:45 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

I wish I had two more hands so I could give these suggestions 4 thumbs up.
    Thondrin - W̶o̶l̶f̶s̶b̶a̶n̶e̶ Derpwood - Warrior - Doing it wrong since 2011 - I melee in CQ

Yes! More items unique to PvP. They started it with our rep mounts back in ChocoRift, not sure why they didn't expound on that.

I know it's a delicate balance devoting resources to PvE/PvP in regards to population activity and crossover. The chest was warmer but missed the mark, so I do appreciate that effort. But I think more PvP specific content aside from revamping CQ and new WFs would be appreciated. Does Fluffy even drop anymore?

I hope PvP dimensions are still in the works. That would be fun. Items that are PvP oriented, that drop ONLY in WFs or CQ to be used in a PvP dimension.

I know these ideas, and Kro has good ones, would take resources, but honestly, PLEASE consider developing PvP more. It has SO much potential that we really do want to experience and are excited about, which is why we (the community of which I am part) complain so much.

Wouldn't it be fantastic and really make a statement of appreciation to have a patch entirely devoted to PvP and promote it as such? Gods, I'm getting all happy just brainstorming what that could possibly entail!
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

i'd rather the conquest chest contains an item that removes conquest
    stormhak stormbar stormkvinde kagestorm stormelver

When I got currency what I already maxed, I feel myself a bit and

If the rewarding system could be that intelligent (and the daily patron gifts as well) doesn't provide already maxed currency, that would be a big QOL change.

Please do it, we suck in cq very badly anyway, make a little bit worth it to do it.

My idea: 10K-20K or even 50-100K favor tokens (bonus with vials ofc) (rare, relic, epic etc)
    Sheona/Faynee <VANEN> , <Apotheosys>

Quote Originally Posted by Brodian View Post
    When I got currency what I already maxed, I feel myself a bit and

If the rewarding system could be that intelligent (and the daily patron gifts as well) doesn't provide already maxed currency, that would be a big QOL change.

Please do it, we suck in cq very badly anyway, make a little bit worth it to do it.

My idea: 10K-20K or even 50-100K favor tokens (bonus with vials ofc) (rare, relic, epic etc)

Or at least give us some sort of currency exchange capability.
    Thondrin - W̶o̶l̶f̶s̶b̶a̶n̶e̶ Derpwood - Warrior - Doing it wrong since 2011 - I melee in CQ

Quote Originally Posted by The Thondrin View Post
    Or at least give us some sort of currency exchange capability.
    I second this. I always feel sorry about all the lost currencies. We need something to exchange or spend it. exchange marks for favour for example. I short in favour a lot of times.

+ Reply to Thread