+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Straight up questions

Default Straight up questions

This is a series of forum posts I'd like to dedicate to single, simple to answer questions straight up so devs don't have to use vagueness or doublespeak.

The topic for today is Shields: The kind you hold in your hand

Q: Are there any plans to increase their viability during pvp in 2014?
    Last edited by Wing man; 02-06-2014 at 10:45 AM.

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #2
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Wing man View Post
    This is a series of forum posts I'd like to dedicate to single, simple to answer questions straight up so devs don't have to use vagueness or doublespeak.

The topic for today is Shields: The kind you hold in your hand

Q: Are there any plans to increase their viability during pvp in 2014?
    Pretty big change for how shields work across the game is under consideration as of a few weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    Pretty big change for how shields work across the game is under consideration as of a few weeks ago.
    This makes me considerably less grumpy. I look forward to it soon. Thank you!

Translation: I'll keep the questions to once a week. Look for them Thursdays. Hank you!

Due to Valentine's shenanigans this week, the question is a tad late but better than never! As always I try to keep the questions as simple and straight forward as possible. Just stuff off the top of my head the community might benefit or otherwise be interested in, and the community is more than welcome to PM me questions they'd like answered as well.

The topic for this week is: Racial Abilities

Q: Do you think RIFT is ready to allow racial abilities during combat for added flavor?
    Last edited by Wing man; 02-16-2014 at 12:17 PM.

Shadowlander

The concept is simple, an obvious option, and completely precedented. So we have a gross misuse the of the linguistic structure, "Is x ready for y", which of course begs the question... was this a question at all? hmmmm.

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #6
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Wing man View Post
    Due to Valentine's shenanigans this week, the question is a tad late but better than never! As always I try to keep the questions as simple and straight forward as possible. Just stuff off the top of my head the community might benefit or otherwise be interested in, and the community is more than welcome to PM me questions they'd like answered as well.

The topic for this week is: Racial Abilities

Q: Do you think RIFT is ready to allow racial abilities during combat for added flavor?
    I don't think racial abilities are going to make a comeback in dungeons or PvP any time soon.

To be very frank, racial abilities as they exist currently and as they have existed in the past - serve more to pigeon hole a specific role/race combination - as opposed to expand versatility.

This runs counter to many things we do in RIFT where we attempt to allow you to play your class or role in a variety of ways, without completely locking you out of other ones.

~Daglar

Ascendant

Will there be a rollback on EU servers if the rumor about several ppl exploiting CQ chest gets proved?

(apparently some russians found a way to loot chest multiple times, it's been reported but idk if Trion checked their tickets yet)
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

I don't think racial abilities are going to make a comeback in dungeons or PvP any time soon.

To be very frank, racial abilities as they exist currently and as they have existed in the past - serve more to pigeon hole a specific role/race combination - as opposed to expand versatility.

This runs counter to many things we do in RIFT where we attempt to allow you to play your class or role in a variety of ways, without completely locking you out of other ones.

~Daglar
    Daglar,

Would it be possible to add all of the racial abilities to the rift store? This way I can stay an Eth, but still get Bahmi leap ability? I think the store would be a good way to allow the devs to add add stuff to different races, but not have it actually be limited to just that race.

Hey Dag,
    Is it possible to get an actual fix for the chat servers? Seriously getting annoyed by the fact they keep crashing.
    Stop abusing my derpology you flerpin nerps!
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it...So why are you still reading this?

10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #10
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysHealNeverDie View Post
    Will there be a rollback on EU servers if the rumor about several ppl exploiting CQ chest gets proved?

(apparently some russians found a way to loot chest multiple times, it's been reported but idk if Trion checked their tickets yet)
    If you know some specific names, PM me, and it will expedite the search, banning, and removal of ill gotten gains.

~Daglar

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #11
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Noshei View Post
    Daglar,

Would it be possible to add all of the racial abilities to the rift store? This way I can stay an Eth, but still get Bahmi leap ability? I think the store would be a good way to allow the devs to add add stuff to different races, but not have it actually be limited to just that race.
    It has been discussed before internally. If there is enough feedback on it / demand we can certainly consider it. We don't have the functionality to "do this right" - there are hacks we could do, but our main combat / ability engineer does not want us to use said hacks

~Daglar

It has been discussed before internally. If there is enough feedback on it / demand we can certainly consider it. We don't have the functionality to "do this right" - there are hacks we could do, but our main combat / ability engineer does not want us to use said hacks

~Daglar
    Personally I"d really love this. I don't particularly like being a high elf, but the leap is useful in artifact hunting. Not sure if you'd limit to having only one ability or not, or if that would be needed, but if i could pick the race i like visually & for lore, but still have the utility of the high elf, it'd be frankly awesome. I think account-wide stuff would have to be considered in this case, tho. I'm honestly frustrated with single-character items, aside from wardrobes which can be mailed back and forth.
    And I am... whatever you say I am. If I wasn't... then why would I say I am? In the papers, the news, everyday I am. Radio won't even play my jam! 'Cause I am... whatever you say I am. If I wasn't... then why would I say I am? In the papers, the news everyday I am. I don't know, it's just the way I am.

~Daglar
    I'll start sending in feedback for this end, I would love to be able to get bahmi leap on my eth. From a technical side I would think it might just be easier to create different abilities for each race. So have 3 different Bahmi Leap abilities, but have each one be for only one of the races (I'm guessing that the technical issue is having a race specific ability made available to other races).

Of course I guess the issue could also be the selling of abilities on the rift store and how that would work, I could see that being a bit of a painful issue to resolve.
    Last edited by Noshei; 02-16-2014 at 05:00 PM.

Kelari BIS racial ability! =^.^=

~Daglar
    If you're main combat engineer doesn't want it used, pleased don't. I think we've had enough bugs this week to hold us through the rest of the year.
    @Deepwood and elsewhere
    - Hello Kitty -* Plinka *
    And The Littles
    McBaddie * Chickabowwow * Bigstaff * Bighat * Beergut
    Littlehealz * Littletop * Fireballa * Freedomfries

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast