+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 31 ... LastLast
Like Tree279Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: PvP Relics on PTS

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    It's actually a usable chest that only the winning (or tying teams) can use - in both conquests. I'm considering taking out the final boss as well and just letting it be a massive mosh pit of people trying to use the chests (infinite number of people can use it at once).

~Daglar
    Meh, fighting over a raid boss would be a lot more fun! (I was thinking something along the lines of a Senobra).

Like you said there needs to be more stream crossing (I agree with that). People need to play the game, not just little parts of the game. By all means do what you like but sometimes people don't know what they would like till they have tried it. I didn't want to do PVP in a MMO till my friends harassed me into doing it in DAOC. And I loved it. But I still led huge PVE raids every Friday for our alliance to. I think finding that balance leads to a greater appreciation of the game as a whole.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #302
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by kronor View Post
    And what about PvE trinkets, these are BiS for pvp now and is a massive advantage over someone who doesnt have one. You bolstered Pve weapons because everytime guilds started clearing end content they were getting relic weapons and having an advantage over a pvper, now these trinkets are just the same.
    It wasn't that they were having "an advantage" it was that they were facerolling everyone else at the time. I remember - I had relic weapons in PvP and facerolled people myself. Not as much as the warriors I grouped with that were busy cornered beasting and bladefurying while laughing.

I think the "outrage" over the trinket in question is a little over the top, but hey, we can always go in and apply a PvP nerf to it if that floats your boat. Please don't give me any 1 vs 1 arguments against it though - this game is not and never will be balanced for 1 vs 1.

~Daglar

It wasn't that they were having "an advantage" it was that they were facerolling everyone else at the time. I remember - I had relic weapons in PvP and facerolled people myself. Not as much as the warriors I grouped with that were busy cornered beasting and bladefurying while laughing.

I think the "outrage" over the trinket in question is a little over the top, but hey, we can always go in and apply a PvP nerf to it if that floats your boat. Please don't give me any 1 vs 1 arguments against it though - this game is not and never will be balanced for 1 vs 1.

~Daglar
    So what is it balanced around?

Ascendant

Some of you will probably complain that "that isn't PvP" - spoiler alert it DOES involve conquest - and it DOES involve winning - and it DOES involve other people being able to STOP you from getting your rewards.

~Daglar

You have stated before that you believe CQ to be one of your biggest failures at Trion, so why do we have to keep playing it?

Most people can't stand CQ, yet an increasing proportion of PvP rewards come from the aspect of PvP that people like the least. It would be a lot like increasing the Rep grinds that PvE players have to do and linking T3 raid gear to these rep grinds.

Why can't the new gear come from Warfronts or even from Warfront daily rewards? The chest received from the Warfront daily could give a chance at the new gear currency.

I'm not one to tolerate much reliance on Chance, it was not defined to be my Fate that I obtain things by chance - ingame or in real life. I've definitely been known to rage quit over being jilted by Lady Luck, and go find my path where it can be earned instead of handed to me. But CQ for the distribution method of RIC's, with all its FPS issues even for people with very expensive gaming computers? If it has to be a drop "chance" that other people can keep player from obtaining then it better be by rolling or there will be tons of people without top of the line computers who simply can not in practice obtain RIC's by PvP in CQ (no matter how skilled they are). IMO skill and work should be what matters in obtaining RIC's - not luck. My tea leaves are indicating that terrible repercussions would otherwise result, and will be permanent. Just thinking abut it, and not even considering other issues, doesn't look good for the Store...

Scrap RIC's and luck, and provide a different currency that is only obtainable by doing PvP (since it's for PvP gear after all) and provide it in the traditional way of Rift ... hard and dedicated work and the skill improvement of players because of it. I'd hate for my tea leaves to be right yet again. I'm really looking for a way to support the company via the Store, but there's much disincentive. Somehow I don't feel alone in that opinion. I don't think the majority of pvp players will support the plan.
    Specter
    R87 Mage - Wolfsbane, Guardian

Quote Originally Posted by Tengri View Post
    I bet 10-15

~Daglar
    I think a nerf to the trinket is long overdue, its basically another defensive cooldown and its incredibly powerful in most situations especially when attached to a healer who knows how to play. Take 5v5 for example if both teams run the exact same comp with same skill, having that pve item could mean the difference between a healer dying or not

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #308
    Rift Team

In PvP it is tenuously balanced around 10ish people fighting 10ish people + TTK vs immobile targets + HPS vs TTK vs immobile targets.

Then toss in lovely on the fly changes when you see things that are outside your current semi expected bounds.

It is never going to be "perfect" balance. Perfect balance would be boring though.

~Daglar

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #309
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Khelendross View Post
    Meh, fighting over a raid boss would be a lot more fun! (I was thinking something along the lines of a Senobra).

Like you said there needs to be more stream crossing (I agree with that). People need to play the game, not just little parts of the game. By all means do what you like but sometimes people don't know what they would like till they have tried it. I didn't want to do PVP in a MMO till my friends harassed me into doing it in DAOC. And I loved it. But I still led huge PVE raids every Friday for our alliance to. I think finding that balance leads to a greater appreciation of the game as a whole.
    I could certainly leave the existing bosses in - which would make it quite hard to loot the chest if the boss is not dead - and the enemy team that does not want you getting a reward doesn't want it to die.

~Daglar

It is never going to be "perfect" balance. Perfect balance would be boring though.

~Daglar
    Perfect balance would allow the more skillful players to excel and the not so skilled players to fall behind. It's already been stated that's why there is no ranking system because you don't want to call anyone "bad".

Thanks for the mini q&a daglar, nice to see you discussing PvP related issues. Which actually gives me an idea. Could you set up a PvP thread/livestream q&a please?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Tookmyjob View Post
    There is a 99% chance that they will make the new currency available only through CQ, as the upgrades require Warlord marks. Warlord marks are apparently the Warfront currency, even though a decent portion of the weekly limit is earned through CQ.

It is likely that Trion will still be forcing everyone into Daglar's 'biggest personal failure', even though everyone except Landslide loathes it.

I'd just like to take this opportunity to say.

CALLED IT!

Thank you for forcing me back into that disaster.

13.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #313
    Rift Team

Perfect balance would allow the more skillful players to excel and the not so skilled players to fall behind. It's already been stated that's why there is no ranking system because you don't want to call anyone "bad".
    Skilled players can still pull ahead in the system we have right now - and they still do. They did back in the day as well. Have you ever run into Tyaus, Bleeds, or Meduza? It's not like these people have or had "broken specs that are secret".

As for ranking, there is a rating for the ranked 5 vs 5 that you can go after if you want to.

I have no intention of reminding the average run of the mill Warfront player that just lost 4 matches how "bad" he is and how "good" you are. That user already has such a high probability of simply leaving the game.

I'd love to hear your ideas for a "fair" ranking system that could be used in normal Warfronts that would also be meaningful across the player base. (Spoiler Alert: Not feasible to split everyone in the game out by rank/bracket).

~Daglar

14.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #314
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by shortycool View Post
    Thanks for the mini q&a daglar, nice to see you discussing PvP related issues. Which actually gives me an idea. Could you set up a PvP thread/livestream q&a please?
    I love talking about PvP actually. Maybe at some point we can do that - but knowing the history of all PvP discussions it tends to get toxic pretty quick.

15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #315
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Tookmyjob View Post
    I'd just like to take this opportunity to say.

CALLED IT!

Thank you for forcing me back into that disaster.
    I think you get a cookie for calling it Also, no one is forcing you in. That's hyperbole on a hilarious scale

NEWS AT 11: Tookmyjob abducted by aliens and forced to play conquest or his account will be deleted. (No this is not true).

~Daglar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 31 ... LastLast