+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Daglar posted to General Discussion

Mei

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    Mei lost.

~Daglar
    I guess it's impossible to win when you'll collect 25 likes from general discussion humpers for posting at all. :/
    Fluent

Quote Originally Posted by Mei View Post
    Daglar was incapable of intelligently arguing this topic. I argued with him for a total of 3-4 posts before he dipped and got the **** out.
    My opinion would be that intelligent people don't have arguments, they have discussions. So Daglar would have won by default anyways
    Soulraiser - 60 Cleric // Soulslayer - 60 Warrior // Soulshadow 60 Mage
    Faeblight NA
    http://www.dargaardknights.com
    Visit our recruiting thread HERE

Mei

Quote Originally Posted by rakasha681 View Post
    My opinion would be that intelligent people don't have arguments, they have discussions. So Daglar would have won by default anyways
    Hey, look! You're doing a great job of doing exactly what I just said would happen.

Intelligent people have arguments all the time. I think you should look into the word.
    Fluent

Ascendant

There was a bit of fudge distance early in rift to counter the effects of server lag when people were moving or hopping. Basically, melee attacks were lit up but would never fire before the change, because by the time the server calculated your attack, you were no longer in range.

This fudge distance was increased to account for the substantially higher passive run speed players have now with CQ power, PA, etc.

The same fudge distance fix was implemented for jumping as well, to negate the "if I jump constantly the server won't be able to execute their attacks" exploiting. Bunny hopping still lets you do jump turns and the other useful tricks, it just doesn't abuse network latency as badly.
    Last edited by Caldern; 01-31-2014 at 02:32 PM.

Hey, look! You're doing a great job of doing exactly what I just said would happen.

Intelligent people have arguments all the time. I think you should look into the word.
    Mei you will be as bitter as me in 10 years, my age.
    Last edited by Violacea; 01-31-2014 at 02:41 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Dagalr > daglar

Champion

Dude, Mei, you've GOTTA chill out.
    I for one welcome my new F2P Overlords

Like i said, just my opinion, and said tongue-in-cheek as well

ar·gu·ment
    noun
    1. an exchange of diverging or opposite views, typically a heated or angry one.

dis·cus·sion
    noun
    1. the action or process of talking about something, typically in order to reach a decision or to exchange ideas.
    After reading the definitions, i still prefer discussion when you want to actually acomplish something.
    Faeblight NA

Plane Walker

Mei lost.

~Daglar
    I'm just amazed that Daglar posted something in the pvp forums!

Mei

Quote Originally Posted by Rythandil View Post
    Dude, Mei, you've GOTTA chill out.
    Who could ever disagree with Daglar without being absolutely furious?
    Quote Originally Posted by rakasha681 View Post
    Like i said, just my opinion, and said tongue-in-cheek as well

After reading the definitions, i still prefer discussion when you want to actually acomplish something.
    Nice job cherry picking. You should become a politician.

argument [ahr-gyuh-muhnt]
    a discussion involving different points of view; debate

Have fun in General Discussion.
    Fluent

Mei lost.

~Daglar
    Fight fight fight fight!!! Somebody get the teacher quick!
    Thondrin - W̶o̶l̶f̶s̶b̶a̶n̶e̶ Derpwood - Warrior - Doing it wrong since 2011 - I melee in CQ

Nice job cherry picking. You should become a politician.

argument [ahr-gyuh-muhnt]
    a discussion involving different points of view; debate

Have fun in General Discussion.
    I actually wasn't cherry picking, i just used google, and copied #1 definition, which is typically the more common usage of the word. But I will conceded that your forum pvp skills are far superior to mine, and will return to general discussion :P
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Daglar posted to General Discussion-argument.jpg  
    Faeblight NA

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepthief View Post
    Here is the post

So, I'm curious, has anyone done any testing on this? How much easier is it to hit them? I always wondered if something was going on because when a caster is hopping around me I usually stay on the ground trying to get behind them as Sin and it did seem like hits were landing more (at least the sound effects seemed to indicate that).

I'd say the change makes little difference and Daglar's post was just a way to look like he's making a difference for some annoyed folks who can't move and use their abilities at the same time.

If you look at the patch notes this was released in, you'll see the second line also.

* Attack distance is increased by 1m if the target is jumping while in PvP combat.
    * Attack distance is increased by 1.5m if both the attacker and the target are moving while in PvP combat.

Using Daglar's logic from that post, anyone moving is putting themselves at a disadvantage, so stand still. I'll tell you that moving is definitely better than standing still, but you'll avoid a 1.5m range penalty if you don't move, so you'll have to weigh the risk. ;)

Maybe there's some evidence this makes a difference, but I doubt it would ever be shared.

Quote Originally Posted by BouncyHippo View Post
    Wow that is just stupid. As a mage the only defensive manuever I have is to bunny hop in circles assuming it will juke out the overpowered and overrated assassin and warrior classes face tanking all my attacks eventually.

Mages need serious defensive buffs or at least some useful survivalbility.

pyromancer's "flicker" to Stormcaller "ride the wind" is the other option but this is more of a escape mechanism.
    you'd be much better off moving away instead of jumping around the warrior/rogue.
    when SL launched they passively increased everyone movement speed. a melee player had time for one hit on a caster before the caster had moved out of melee range. ranged already has too much of an advantage simply from being ranged.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepthief View Post
    I wonder what else is lurking in old patch notes I don't know about.
    oh, you'll find quite a few little gems hidden away out there. things like how tank soul gifts are nerfed in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

If you're melee, keep hopping.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast