+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: If you give a mouse a cookie....

Default If you give a mouse a cookie....

http://i.imgur.com/iYa6jPU.jpg?1

I don't even play Tempest on my main. I'm a full blown melee lovin' warlord and have been for years now. I was just curious what all the fuss was about in the low levels about warriors being so OP and Temp in particular.

So yeah. I'm still with Tohrid though. What I see more than anything is just a dirty, smelly torture S&M basement level of skill in most players. Is Temp easy mode? Yeah I guess so. I don't even have arc at this level though, and I'm running around with Turn the Blade in the on position for Pete's sake...

People are still taking the fang back to home base at this level, and not once in a while either. I just... I dunno man. I'm just sort of sad tonight. WoW's patch notes have me down, and no amount of dreamweaving is going to cheer me up.
    Thondrin - W̶o̶l̶f̶s̶b̶a̶n̶e̶ Derpwood - Warrior - Doing it wrong since 2011 - I melee in CQ

I've started inspecting everybody in every warfront for a few levels. The main issue may be skill and understanding of basic concepts in pvp, but gear has to be a close second. I am shocked by the awful quality of people's gear in every single warfront. I have maybe seen 4 other people over 40+ matches in the 20s bracket that have more than 4 essences, much less a full 6. Just tragically under-geared people.

I'm not sure how much this contributes to people screaming that certain classes are OP, but when a knowledgeable player with good gear rolls into a match against the tin foil armor army, I can't see how you could ever identify balance issues.

I definitely don't want people to get turned off to pvp right off of the bat, but I don't know that gear normalization from level 10 is the answer either. At what point do people have to take responsibility for their characters and get themselves some decent gear before they complain about fotm classes?
    Thondrin - W̶o̶l̶f̶s̶b̶a̶n̶e̶ Derpwood - Warrior - Doing it wrong since 2011 - I melee in CQ

Quote Originally Posted by The Thondrin View Post
    I've started inspecting everybody in every warfront for a few levels. The main issue may be skill and understanding of basic concepts in pvp, but gear has to be a close second. I am shocked by the awful quality of people's gear in every single warfront. I have maybe seen 4 other people over 40+ matches in the 20s bracket that have more than 4 essences, much less a full 6. Just tragically under-geared people.

I'm not sure how much this contributes to people screaming that certain classes are OP, but when a knowledgeable player with good gear rolls into a match against the tin foil armor army, I can't see how you could ever identify balance issues.

I definitely don't want people to get turned off to pvp right off of the bat, but I don't know that gear normalization from level 10 is the answer either. At what point do people have to take responsibility for their characters and get themselves some decent gear before they complain about fotm classes?
    Been a little while since pre 50, but I don't think it really matters about the essences. Post 50 it does.

i don't think new players has access to 6 essence sigils at lvl 20+.

Quote Originally Posted by Mire View Post
    Not even in the Rift store?

this game isn't p2w, you're not suppose to need to pay in order to be "competitive". or at least that's how this game is being advertised.

hey am i gonna get banned for speaking the truth again?

this game isn't p2w, you're not suppose to need to pay in order to be "competitive". or at least that's how this game is being advertised.

hey am i gonna get banned for speaking the truth again?
    You can get it with planarite in the Rift store. It would take a little effort, but it doesn't require credits.

You can get it with planarite in the Rift store. It would take a little effort, but it doesn't require credits.
    Just how many newbs with half brain can do that?.

All nightmares that are happening on low level brackets are Trions fault.

WoW has valor system across all levels, while on Rift low level bracket reminds me of Quake Arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Kajib View Post
    Just how many newbs with half brain can do that?.

All nightmares that are happening on low level brackets are Trions fault.

WoW has valor system across all levels, while on Rift low level bracket reminds me of Quake Arena.
    I agree. I think a huge part is that a lot of us old timers take so much for granted knowledge wise these days. Trion does an ok job of pointing new players in the right direction, but it seems to be lost on a lot of people. The community of fansites is also generally out of date and unused these days as well. It is a pretty sad situation.

Although to be fair, anytime I've tried to give unsolicited advice I'm met with pretty rude responses. There have been a handful of actual new players pm me and I'm always happy to help. Just wish there was more of that.

you can buy them! I do everytime i hit every 10 levels, they start at lvl 10 and go every 10 lvls

You can only buy them with credits though, no in-game currency.
    Last edited by Orangu; 01-27-2014 at 09:24 PM.

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

I agree. I think a huge part is that a lot of us old timers take so much for granted knowledge wise these days. Trion does an ok job of pointing new players in the right direction, but it seems to be lost on a lot of people. The community of fansites is also generally out of date and unused these days as well. It is a pretty sad situation.

Although to be fair, anytime I've tried to give unsolicited advice I'm met with pretty rude responses. There have been a handful of actual new players pm me and I'm always happy to help. Just wish there was more of that.
    Rift lore is not that strong for a community of fansite to actually sit down and discuss things, speculate or write some guides, or maybe it's strong but it's driven by raids which are not easily accessible or maybe they are accessible just most of them are heroic waiting to be nerfed when new contents come out.
    Most of current Rift players don't know wtf is the current Rift story....so there's no that hype of story direction.

So this thing is like a ranged Bladedancer we're dealing with?
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Nah i think this thing actually kills other things.

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    you mean a hundred blades bladedancer?

(lols)

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

What do you think the absolute lowest dps soul is in the 1-40 range that isn't a pure healer?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast