+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Hmmm..news on the "new" Conquest?

Plane Walker

Default Hmmm..news on the "new" Conquest?

There for a while it seemed like Daglar was talking about the new conquest (using the Steppes of Infinity map) quite a bit, and I *thought* he indicated that it was going to come out at some point during 2.5.

Am I missing an update for this? Ever since the yearly "time where nothing happens" (i.e., December) began, I don't recall reading about the new conquest at all. Nothing about testing, nothing about release dates, etc.

Now, perhaps I just missed it. So, if anyone has info, please correct me.

Anyway, this question came to mind after I noticed that they're already testing tier 3 raid content....

Quote Originally Posted by Aelorean View Post
    There for a while it seemed like Daglar was talking about the new conquest (using the Steppes of Infinity map) quite a bit, and I *thought* he indicated that it was going to come out at some point during 2.5.

Am I missing an update for this? Ever since the yearly "time where nothing happens" (i.e., December) began, I don't recall reading about the new conquest at all. Nothing about testing, nothing about release dates, etc.

Now, perhaps I just missed it. So, if anyone has info, please correct me.

Anyway, this question came to mind after I noticed that they're already testing tier 3 raid content....
    It was suppose to
    Daglar threw it on the backburner

Cause pvp isn't important, all about those dimension items and store items now
    and I'd love to see him say otherwise

Yes, I'm calling him out
    Last edited by Rgizil; 01-26-2014 at 09:16 PM.
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

Ascendant

Maybe they finally realized that no one likes CQ and that they shouldn't waste money on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rgizil View Post
    It was suppose to

Yes, I'm calling him out
    hopefully it is just to spite you.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Tookmyjob View Post
    Maybe they finally realized that no one likes CQ and that they shouldn't waste money on it.
    A lot of people like conquest (including me.) It's nice having a raiding form of pvp.

Why do you think you're able to speak for everyone?

Ascendant

A lot of people like conquest (including me.) It's nice having a raiding form of pvp.

I know I am able to speak for everyone.

If you think you like CQ you are obviously wrong.

Raiding form of PvP? Running 40+ people into another 40+ people and watching frame rates drop due to poorly optimized game engine. Or do you prefer the intense Player vs Extractor combat it offers?

Champion of Telara

I am honestly dreading the new conquest being released, just like i am dreading 3.0.

I wish i was looking forward to it but every time i think about it rather than the excitement of playing new content i find myself wondering which souls are going to be grossly OP, which souls are going to be woefully under powered and how bad the new gear grinds are going to be.

The whole model of CQ needs to be revisited. It can be fun, but too many people are there only because they feel they need the CQ power for PvE activities. It lowers the level of play (and the level of /1 chat) a lot.

Fix the CQ model so that the people who are there are playing it for the fun of it, and for the PvP, rather than for PvE advantages.

Part of the fun for CQ is killing on the pve raiders who are forced to keep their CQ power up! Mwhahahah!
    Landslide - Greybriar. ( Vendetta )
    (\_xxLand_/)
    RIP RatedX. >.<!

There is no point in a new CQ map if they can't improve the way this game handles massive fights.
    Even if the new CQ had the best concept/design ever made, when played at the current fps everything just turns into garbage.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=806168&dateline=13715  70211

Ascendant

New CQ is unlockable via new Lock Box, can be openned after 9 months...
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Rgizil View Post
    It was suppose to

Yes, I'm calling him out
    On a few occasions on the live stream, Daglar has threatend to shut down all remaining pvp shards, i'm sure he's not fond of pvp in any sense of the imagination. But it really doesnt matter. The pvp community in this game is quite horrid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Rift Disciple

No one likes conquest, no one likes how it functions. no one likes keeping CQ power up on multi toons if you ever wanted to play more than 1 level 60.

We been grinding the same Bull crap for over 2 years. They need to remove CQ forever remove CQ power, or add in a new CQ with account bound CQ power.

The mass majority hate CQ as it's useless. Even pve raiders hate it. Trion needs to do something unless they love pissing off their customers (at this point it feels like they do)

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Landstalker View Post
    Part of the fun for CQ is killing on the pve raiders who are forced to keep their CQ power up! Mwhahahah!
    what are you talking about? The pve raiders only come in at timer, or they find a remote spot to afk after tagging a extractor. Or sit outside of base far enough to receive cq power but close enough to the mega cannons lol.

Can't count the amount of afk Addiction and Trinity members afking in CQ over the last 2 years lol. Even use to catch some Trinity/Addiction members using automated keyboard macros to keep on jumping and moving while they afk back in the day lol, they never even got a warning back then.
    Last edited by Andross; 01-27-2014 at 11:07 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast