+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: How I get hit for 4k by a lvl 51 in wf

Soulwalker

Default How I get hit for 4k by a lvl 51 in wf

I new to rift been playing for 2 months and I been wondering . How can I get nuked, meleed so hard in wf. When I fight the same class as me the dmg is not even close. What im I doing wrong? Some one help me. Same thing goes on in wf on my lvl 45 I get hit so hard wtf
    thanks for any help.

Plane Touched

I do not pvp but I imagine it has a lot to do with pvp gear- how much of the pvp gear do you have?

There really is no low level PvP gear, but it could be PA levels or the OP's build.

What class and build are you using?
    Even free cost too much now

OP, are you a rogue?

rogues tend not to get the big numbers some of the other classes do. partly because you have a shorter global cool down (one second), while someone like a warrior has a longer one (1.5 seconds). comparable abilities will hit one third harder for the warrior, while you hit one third more often over a period of time.

also, rogue damage incorporates a lot of procs, poisons and other buffs such that any single ability hit can result in a number of damage hits to the target.
    rogues also generally tend to have a higher crit chance than warriors, resulting in lower non crit damage, but more frequent crits. warriors will hit harder with non crits, but not crit as often. their crits, when they happen, can be a lot bigger as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Gtz

There is low level PvP gear. Sets for each bracket. People tend to think that the gear doesn't matter, but that isn't true. For any warfront you do before level 60 the ascended courage buff will only change your power and not your gear. For example, if you are in levels 40-49 warfronts and you are, let's just say level 43, the ascended courage will change your power so you are as strong as a level 49. But the level 49 will have more of an advantage because they have more skills unlocked in the tree of course. Tiron made it this way so the PvP gear at low level isn't completely useless. So a level 40 in full PvP gear can dominant a level 49 in zero PvP gear.

At level 60 its different. The ascended courage buff will only change your gear so everyone is equipped with freelancer pvp gear. So anyone that has warlord gear or better is at an advantage.

Experienced PvPer utilizing optimal burst spec + Planar Atunement + Runes on PvP/optimized gear.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Gtz View Post
    There is low level PvP gear. Sets for each bracket. People tend to think that the gear doesn't matter, but that isn't true. For any warfront you do before level 60 the ascended courage buff will only change your power and not your gear. For example, if you are in levels 40-49 warfronts and you are, let's just say level 43, the ascended courage will change your power so you are as strong as a level 49. But the level 49 will have more of an advantage because they have more skills unlocked in the tree of course. Tiron made it this way so the PvP gear at low level isn't completely useless. So a level 40 in full PvP gear can dominant a level 49 in zero PvP gear.

At level 60 its different. The ascended courage buff will only change your gear so everyone is equipped with freelancer pvp gear. So anyone that has warlord gear or better is at an advantage.
    not true your gear geats bolstered, if you arent wearing/using even in your essences, that wont get bolstered, also PA is the same amongst your characters, so you can have 100+ wis/int/dex/cons/ etc.. over the rest so you resist or do way more damage ando also as previous just said talents affect a lot
    Last edited by Zandalia; 01-26-2014 at 11:16 PM.

Gtz

Quote Originally Posted by Zandalia View Post
    not true your gear geats bolstered, if you arent wearing/using even in your essences, that wont get bolstered, also PA is the same amongst your characters, so you can have 100+ wis/int/dex/cons/ etc.. over the rest so you resist or do way more damage ando also as previous just said talents affect a lot
    At level 60 yes, your gear gets boosted up. But pre-60 it doesn't. Look at the buff in a pre-60 warfront and you will see its only boosting your power and not your gear. And you can also see that any X9 level player doesn't have the ascended courage buff because they are already at the top power level for that bracket. Tiron did this so the pre-60 PvP gear is not pointless to get. Trust me, your gear is NOT bolstered in pre-60 warfronts.

This has been confirmed with a GM.
    Last edited by Gtz; 01-27-2014 at 06:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Virchow View Post
    Experienced PvPer utilizing optimal burst spec + Planar Atunement + Runes on PvP/optimized gear.
    What he said

Quote Originally Posted by Gtz View Post
    At level 60 yes, your gear gets boosted up. But pre-60 it doesn't. Look at the buff in a pre-60 warfront and you will see its only boosting your power and not your gear. And you can also see that any X9 level player doesn't have the ascended courage buff because they are already at the top power level for that bracket. Tiron did this so the pre-60 PvP gear is not pointless to get. Trust me, your gear is NOT bolstered in pre-60 warfronts.

This has been confirmed with a GM.

Apparently Trion needs a new GM. 50-54 & 55-59 brackets get bolstered. Players will get an icon and if you hover over it, it will tell you exactly what slots are bolstered with the pvp gear that they are bolstered to. When I get home from work I can post a screen shot. This is the reason why most players don't recommend buying pvp gear until 60 because gear is bolstered 50-59 and favor would be wasted.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by asianguywithacamera View Post
    Apparently Trion needs a new GM. 50-54 & 55-59 brackets get bolstered. Players will get an icon and if you hover over it, it will tell you exactly what slots are bolstered with the pvp gear that they are bolstered to. When I get home from work I can post a screen shot. This is the reason why most players don't recommend buying pvp gear until 60 because gear is bolstered 50-59 and favor would be wasted.

Most of the GM's are very clueless about the game, especially when it comes to PVP. In the 50-59 brackets gear is bolstered.

If someone wants the biggest possible advantage in the 50's brackets I say go ahead and buy the 50's PVP gear, but only the 4 piece plus Synergy Crystal. That will grant you an additional 100 Vengeance plus a few other stats that I can't recall exactly right now.

Established players that have alts, and have max or close to max PA, plus the 4 piece bonus, and good runes will be hitting extremely hard. My Mage in the 50's brackets was hitting for well over 4K consistently.

Soulwalker

4k on lv51 is much for you?
    with shaman on lv50 i hitted 6k in pvp and with tempest i hitted 4.2k

Soulwalker

I'm now 56 Harbinger/pryo auto points add. Pvp gear is staff , head, gloves, belt, feet, one ring, shouler. Just found out about part that gives 100 ven 100 power..

now I have a 48 marksmen and I like not be under powered once im 50 .besides pvp gear what else could I do to bring up pvp dps. I dont mind getting 3 shotted but I would like the other person to have 40% hp before I die and be at 97%

By pvp gear do you mean level 50 pvp gear, or gear from the boxes you get after winning a warfront?
    Even free cost too much now

Quote Originally Posted by Credo View Post
    By pvp gear do you mean level 50 pvp gear, or gear from the boxes you get after winning a warfront?

The actual PvP gear you have to spend Favor to obtain. Open up the Rift store tab and look in the PvP section, the Favor gear can be found there.
    Last edited by Neoyoshi; 01-27-2014 at 01:57 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast