+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kronos v

Thread: Open World PvP - Here's an opportunity to make some $$ Trion

Default Open World PvP - Here's an opportunity to make some $$ Trion

So.. hopefully Trion will eventually work on some sort of Justice system as a dis-incentive for 1 shot gankers.... but in the meantime, the easiest way to perk the dev's interest is usually for Trion to make money off the Rift store.

Now here's the thing. I'm level 60, but there were many times leveling where my fun would come to an end due to 1 shot gankers camping the spawn points not allowing me to leave. We've already discussed this extensively on other threads so we don't really need to address that issue right now.

The idea is this: PvP Immunity Buff: 2 hr immunity to pvp combat

Could be purchased on the Rift Store. Could cost the same as some of the XP buffs, etc... basically, if someone is trying to fish, or go about their business questing or crafting, this would give them the option to not participate in open world pvp.

Yea yea, I know.... "if you don't want to pvp go to a pve server"... that's not the point. All of the people on the PvP server DO want to pvp.. that's why they play on it. But most people's definition of pvp is not getting one shotted by some kid 40 levels higher than you that thinks it makes him good.

So until a more long-term system is put in place to address the open world issues, I think this would be a fair option... Sure, you could transfer to another server for a week or two... but if all my friends and guildmates are on Seastone, why would I want to leave the server?

Not to mention, if I decided to purchase this item and use it, I would in no way be affecting anyone else's gameplay... plus, most importantly, we would be contributing to the longevity of the game by spending money on items such as this.

It's just an idea... also, could start brand new players off with a stack of like 3 of these or something... so they know they exist and will eagerly buy more when needed.
    Last edited by Shellback; 01-26-2014 at 06:58 PM.

Rift Master

Here's how they could make that pvp immunity vial work, "Bans player from Seastone shard for duration." I'm down for that. If you want 'fair' pvp, you should be on a pve shard doing warfronts. Despite the other thread telling you how to avoid the endless corpse camp, you used that herp-derp as a basis for starting this thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Guidinglite View Post
    Here's how they could make that pvp immunity vial work, "Bans player from Seastone shard for duration." I'm down for that. If you want 'fair' pvp, you should be on a pve shard doing warfronts. Despite the other thread telling you how to avoid the endless corpse camp, you used that herp-derp as a basis for starting this thread...
    Obviously your definition of pvp and mine are not the same. If you endorse the broken system currently in place then that is your own problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Guidinglite View Post
    Oh.. and by the way big shot... I am level 60 so this doesn't really matter as much to me... but what I, unlike you, am concerned about is the overall health of the community and the Seastone server. You on the other hand seem to be part of the crowd that is under the delusion that 1 shotting new players is somehow skillful and the intent of pvp.

if you are an on pvp shard and want to take the cowards way out to grind pve, you can join the level appropriate chat channel of a pve shard - while still sitting on your pvp shard - and ask a player there to anchor you to their shard, allowing you to visit the pve shard for a few minutes or a few hours, what ever you desire, and return to your home shard when you feel it is safe to do so.

sorry trion, I just lost you the potential of selling a useless item to new players who don't yet know better.
    maybe you can still add it to a crate.
    Last edited by Kronos v; 01-26-2014 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

well I managed to level to 60 in just Seastone... but I did get put into a few diff shards during IA's.. however, while on Seastone leveling, I think I maybe encountered about 2 fun fights with people my level as we came across each other while questing..... other than that I spent most of the time avoiding 1-shot ganks by trolls... so... not really sure what the point of a pvp server is sub-60 since there was only like 2 real fights along the way.

I mean, if you think about it... how often are there really fun pvp fights while you're leveling.... 99% of the time its just trolls one shotting you...

I dunno, I mean I guess I have my opinion and you have yours... but what I experienced while leveling was definitely not pvp... except for 2 random occasions. Hopefully now that I'm level 60 I can find some actual open world pvp, or at least help deal with the people causing problems.

I leveled to 60 on Freeholme. Oh the fun we had...

Quote Originally Posted by Shellback View Post
    well I managed to level to 60 in just Seastone... but I did get put into a few diff shards during IA's.. however, while on Seastone leveling, I think I maybe encountered about 2 fun fights with people my level as we came across each other while questing..... other than that I spent most of the time avoiding 1-shot ganks by trolls... so... not really sure what the point of a pvp server is sub-60 since there was only like 2 real fights along the way.

I mean, if you think about it... how often are there really fun pvp fights while you're leveling.... 99% of the time its just trolls one shotting you...

I dunno, I mean I guess I have my opinion and you have yours... but what I experienced while leveling was definitely not pvp... except for 2 random occasions. Hopefully now that I'm level 60 I can find some actual open world pvp, or at least help deal with the people causing problems.
    back in the olden days...

there actually was open world pvp between similar level players.
    the population was significantly higher then. zone events were a lot of fun as opposed factions fought eachother as much as they fought the invasions.

in scarlet gorge and higher level zones there were neutral wardstones that could be captured for your faction, granting buffs and access to special vendors.
    gaining control of every wardstone in a zone spawned a world boss, if I recall correctly.
    Last edited by Kronos v; 01-26-2014 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Ascendant

So.. hopefully Trion will eventually work on some sort of Justice system as a dis-incentive for 1 shot gankers
    Blizzard tried it years ago with DKs .. they abandoned that after not too long due to the massive QQing from the e-losers who enjoy one-shotting lowbies or wiping out low level NPCs in starter zones to prevent leveling .. anyone who's played WOW knows about 'Crossroads Raids' and the losers who took part in them.
    Last edited by Kerin; 01-26-2014 at 11:45 PM.

Or instead of dragging it out, close the PvP shards... It's about time they where officially killed off.

Rift Chaser

lol wtf...
    Is the OP that Fragasm dude under a different name? Has to be.

Kronos already told you how to anchor, I will take it a step further and since this game is free to play suggest creating a seperate account and using that account to anchor yourself to any realm you desire.
    Last edited by Kelebra; 01-27-2014 at 09:45 AM.
    Marrow of Seastone (Cleric-Main)
    Kelebra of Seastone (Mage-Alt)
    Remorse of Seastone (Warrior-Alt)
    Nine of Seastone (Rogue-Alt)

Quote Originally Posted by Kerin View Post
    Blizzard tried it years ago with DKs .. they abandoned that after not too long due to the massive QQing from the e-losers who enjoy one-shotting lowbies or wiping out low level NPCs in starter zones to prevent leveling .. anyone who's played WOW knows about 'Crossroads Raids' and the losers who took part in them.

I use to attack cross roads and defend it as well. That was pretty fair pvp imo because level 60s' always came and joined the battle. Me and company weren't there to kill lowbies and we always took the big risk of getting DK's which sucked if you were ranking up.

Sword of Telara

So.. hopefully Trion will eventually work on some sort of Justice system as a dis-incentive for 1 shot gankers.... but in the meantime, the easiest way to perk the dev's interest is usually for Trion to make money off the Rift store.

Now here's the thing. I'm level 60, but there were many times leveling where my fun would come to an end due to 1 shot gankers camping the spawn points not allowing me to leave. We've already discussed this extensively on other threads so we don't really need to address that issue right now.

The idea is this: PvP Immunity Buff: 2 hr immunity to pvp combat

Could be purchased on the Rift Store. Could cost the same as some of the XP buffs, etc... basically, if someone is trying to fish, or go about their business questing or crafting, this would give them the option to not participate in open world pvp.

Yea yea, I know.... "if you don't want to pvp go to a pve server"... that's not the point. All of the people on the PvP server DO want to pvp.. that's why they play on it. But most people's definition of pvp is not getting one shotted by some kid 40 levels higher than you that thinks it makes him good.

So until a more long-term system is put in place to address the open world issues, I think this would be a fair option... Sure, you could transfer to another server for a week or two... but if all my friends and guildmates are on Seastone, why would I want to leave the server?

Not to mention, if I decided to purchase this item and use it, I would in no way be affecting anyone else's gameplay... plus, most importantly, we would be contributing to the longevity of the game by spending money on items such as this.

It's just an idea... also, could start brand new players off with a stack of like 3 of these or something... so they know they exist and will eagerly buy more when needed.
    when i made my return last week when i was playing seastone was an abandoned waste land. if you dont like getting ganked and you have stuff to do in open world either permenantly transfer to a pve shard or stay on seastone and look for an anchor to a pve shard, problem solved no need to spend money. the point of being on a pvp shard is to be able to kill people you see in the open world, if you want immunity to that then do as i recommend. i would be very unhappy if i was on seastone and some guy ran by me with a cheap buff, almost an embarassment for you to have it on you actually...

+ Reply to Thread