+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By forbiddenlake
  • 1 Post By Violacea

Thread: PVP match i had recently

Shadowlander

Default PVP match i had recently

I am writing this not to whine or complain but to simply inquire.

I was in a Black Garden Fang match as a healer. I have pvp weapon, off hand and Chest piece. All of my pvp favor I have received on my cleric has been spent on Freelancer gear.

Another Cleric comes into the wf as dps and says "oh I guess I should heal since our healer came into PVP in PVE gear. That's like bringing a knife to a gun fight." I retort "we will see"

Long story short, I out heal that cleric and I am 2nd in healing.

My question is, besides spending real dollars, how is one expected to have full pvp gear? I have only been 60 for a week and all my lower level pvp favor I saved up for 60.

From the PvP Guides forum

You're not expected to have full pvp gear already (but your PvE gear is bolstered to the base Freelancer level automatically). Put runes on the pieces you do have and keep playing and gearing up.
    Last edited by forbiddenlake; 01-26-2014 at 07:32 AM.

Ascendant

All I can say is 'learn to play'.

Once you learn to play, you get gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailrs View Post
    I am writing this not to whine or complain but to simply inquire.

I was in a Black Garden Fang match as a healer. I have pvp weapon, off hand and Chest piece. All of my pvp favor I have received on my cleric has been spent on Freelancer gear.

Another Cleric comes into the wf as dps and says "oh I guess I should heal since our healer came into PVP in PVE gear. That's like bringing a knife to a gun fight." I retort "we will see"

Long story short, I out heal that cleric and I am 2nd in healing.

My question is, besides spending real dollars, how is one expected to have full pvp gear? I have only been 60 for a week and all my lower level pvp favor I saved up for 60.

You'd have all your PvP gear far easier within a week if you we're doing intensive PvP'ing prior to hitting 60. But yes,of course you have nothing to do but simply earn the favor and purchase it 1 by 1 if you are just starting at 60. For example I think my cleric had like 6 - 7 freelancer pieces in her bag before I even hit 60. So I pretty much stepped into full gear and I think I was full freelancer well within a week. However, had I not done that, probably would have been a week or 2. Either way, it's a very short phase that won't last long.
    Last edited by Violacea; 01-26-2014 at 07:45 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Shadowlander

Thanks for the help all.

Another Cleric comes into the wf as dps and says "oh I guess I should heal since our healer . . .
    This cleric was an idiot, as nine out of ten dps clerics are. They should have gone heals regardless since one healer isn't enough unless the opposing team is brain dead.
    I saw a 20k health warrior today 3 shot me as tempest, and I have 4x piece Myrmidon on my alt. ~ Gunzip

Champion of Telara

freelancer comes pretty fast since it only cost favor. Just spend time and queue (preferably group with atleast 1 other so you know you're healing atleast one useful person)
    Do the herpty derp, please, keep LOSing your healers behind objects so you die.

Quote Originally Posted by Tookmyjob View Post
    All I can say is 'learn to play'.

Once you learn to play, you get gear.
    This. As a fresh 60 without gear/cq/PA it can get frustating quickly. The key to overcome some of that frustration is:

1. Learn your class and particularly concetrate on your spec. Know it inside and out. You can expand to other specs in your class after that.
    2. Learn map objectives and how your class (healing) comes in to play to help achieve those objectives.
    3. Understand there is alway going to be a guy like you posted about. Not all of the time but you will see them every now and again. Don't let it bother you. If you are doing number 1 and 2 you are making a difference on your team!
    4. There is a gear grind but if you are learning to play and putting that knowledge to use while you play it makes the grind a lot easier.

Find and ask questions of good healers you might see in the warfront. Some may help some may not but it never hurts to ask. Dual que with another healer or a good dps.

Dont forget about essences, trinket, crystal!! You will need notoriety and dailies to get those to complete your gear set. Try and make sure you have something in every gear slot so that at least it gets bolstered. Understand that runes on non-pvp gear are useless in PVP because your gear is bolstered.
    -Hello Kitty-
    Meepz@Deepwood
    Primalmeepz@Deepwood

Telaran

Default 3 words

get used to it.

Pay to win.
    (retired)Eighteenwheeler@deepwood p90 Warrior
    (retired)Coffi@deepwood p90 Cleric
    (retired)Tommygun@deepwood lvl 52 Mage

No more money for you Trion.

+ Reply to Thread