+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Kronos v
  • 1 Post By SWGMOD010
  • 1 Post By SWGMOD010

Thread: In-Game Prison: For naughty boys and girls...

Default In-Game Prison: For naughty boys and girls...

I've seen this implemented very successfully... most notably in Age of Wushu. Age of Wushu is interesting in that there are no factions and you can attack literally anyone... so they had to do something to control it.

Basically the way it would work is this: there are some organized pvp events in the open world intended for players to engage in, i.e. pvp rifts, or some pvp zones with rewards. For the rest of it, there is an infamy system.

Let's say you are excited because you found a pretty flower to pluck in the field, but you find that someone else beat you to it.... so you kill them... well now you have 1000 infamy. It decreases over time by itself, so you could technically get away with murdering a couple people and getting off the hook.

However, if you get to infamy of say 5000, you are now wanted for murder. It will also decrease over time, but so long as it is over 5000, if you are killed, you instantly go to jail. Now, if you happen to get 10,000 infamy, it not only does not go down by itself, but once you're killed you are sentenced to death.

Then what happens, is based on your infamy you are stuck in jail with all the other prisoners. You can walk around and socialize, but you cant really do much of anything in there. You have to serve your time, in-game, for your penalty. The length of your sentence is based on how much infamy you had.

To get out, you have the option to pay an extremely expensive fine (which is higher the more infamy you currently have), or you can wait for it to get low enough for the bail to be less.

If you have 10000 infamy, you are stuck in prison until noon server time, where the prisoners on death row are all executed in public (in age of wushu people could even come watch and throw tomatoes at them while they were on the chopping block). The only way to avoid death was 1 hour before execution your friends could attempt a prison break which is basically the difficulty of a raid. has to be done within a certain time, and you only get one shot. if the player is not saved and is executed, they then get a 24 hour major debuff to their stats.

Anyway, this is one extremely successful way I've seen that helps control lowbie ganking and other such things. It lets you still kill people in the open world and get away with it so long as your aren't belligerent about it.

age of wushu also allows you to attack a random player, castrate him, and then invite him to your eunuchs only guild...

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    age of wushu also allows you to attack a random player, castrate him, and then invite him to your eunuchs only guild...
    I had to look that up, was not expecting that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Age of Wushu sounds fun...must check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicUniverse View Post
    Age of Wushu sounds fun...must check it out!
    well, that particular aspect of Age of Wushu was fun... but... it's a chinese game, poorly translated into english... horrible customer service... horrible gold spamming.....

they did figure out their open world pvp system almost to perfection though... and the prison system is epic.

however, overall it is nothing compared to Rift. If Rift were to enhance its open world pvp system to not only give motivation to pvp more in the open world but to have real consequences for it, then it would add a whole new sandbox type element to the game people could enjoy for a long long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    yeah... I mean ganking people is one thing... but permanently cutting off someone's character's testicles is just mean. I'd be pissed if someone chopped my e-junk off.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellback View Post
    yeah... I mean ganking people is one thing... but permanently cutting off someone's character's testicles is just mean. I'd be pissed if someone chopped my e-junk off.
    Perhaps the removal of the e-peen of some the people currently residing here is exactly what we need.

Also, Stormzill
    STORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORM

Quote Originally Posted by SWGMOD010 View Post
    Perhaps the removal of the e-peen of some the people currently residing here is exactly what we need.
    lol... btw, i can't remember ur swg name but if your the same one that ran around with the bbq tag there then i played with u... was it micshaz or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Shellback View Post
    lol... btw, i can't remember ur swg name but if your the same one that ran around with the bbq tag there then i played with u... was it micshaz or something?
    Same BBQ, yeah. Though I'm not Micshaz, I was Dweezill, though Micshaz is here too. Rahak is here somewhere too
    Last edited by SWGMOD010; 01-26-2014 at 02:23 AM.

Also, Stormzill
    STORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORM

+ Reply to Thread