+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Marking the enemy

Default Marking the enemy

I've begun to notice a lot of people marking, which is great, but there are some things you need to understand. We now have multiple healer icons to mark healers, this does not mean mark your enemy with them. If you have not noticed, these marks include really small numbers on the inside of the cross. As a dps is extremely difficult to read these number in the middle of combat to know which healer is in front of me. I'm either forced to work through 4 targeting macros or tabbing until I am able to get on target. Instead of using these please use the traditional 1-4 and heal icon, that way there can be a priority placed and easily readable.

Use the other 3 heal marks to mark your own teams healers so your dps can see when they are near their own healers for heals.

When you enter a warfront, announce that you will be marking or if your entering an already engaged warfront, ask if someone is already marking. Far too often my marks have been removed, though I doubt out of any ill will, and turns the game on it's head for those of us who were already engaged.

Notes to the trolls: I already have the targeting macros for the H2-H4 icons, so no I'm not complaining so I wont have to change the macros I already have. I've attempted converting to what the new people want, but it's not practical nor efficient.

Personal note: I typically mark a Doms with the squirrel since that's what they do to people and if there are two Doms I use the #5 for the other. Since more and more mages are Doms recently due to the Chloro's inability to counter burst damage at this time, we need some sort of unified marking system for them. If you use some other mark for a dom call that out in RA so everyone will know which one it is.
    Last edited by Tohrid; 01-25-2014 at 08:39 AM.

Let's just all agree to mark friendlies with icons and hostiles with numbers.

Makes it so much easier to see where friendlies are.

Ascendant

I always use the heal marks for enemies so ****** dps on my side stop wasting the marks on tanks.

People need to get rid of their mark 1 spam macros ASAP

Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post
    I always use the heal marks for enemies so ****** dps on my side stop wasting the marks on tanks.

People need to get rid of their mark 1 spam macros ASAP
    I don't understand how marking the enemies as heals stops your dps from marking tanks, makes absolute nonsense. Are you saying you have ******s that are marking the other teams tanks as healers with the healer icon? So you counter it by using all the marks before they can and somehow that helps?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Tohrid View Post
    I don't understand how marking the enemies as heals stops your dps from marking tanks, makes absolute nonsense. Are you saying you have ******s that are marking the other teams tanks as healers with the healer icon? So you counter it by using all the marks before they can and somehow that helps?
    If I used 1-4, people's spam macros would overwrite the marks, which is why I always use the heal icons, nobody puts those in spam macros

If I used 1-4, people's spam macros would overwrite the marks, which is why I always use the heal icons, nobody puts those in spam macros
    I see you issue now. Ya that happens to me as well, what use to happen before FTP was if a person wanted to spam a mark macro so they can direct damage they would use the skull. However, we aren't in those times anymore so mine get changed all the time as well. I wish people would just use skull for focused fire.

Rethought what I said above to this and what I said still didn't address what you were saying lol. People should only use focused fire macros in zerg engagements such as classic KR, classic BG and white fall. The other maps are too spread out in terms of objectives to use the FF macros. So, we need to inform people, it's not easy to get accomplished but over time it may work.

Notes to the trolls: I already have the targeting macros for the H2-H4 icons, so no I'm not complaining so I wont have to change the macros I already have. I've attempted converting to what the new people want, but it's not practical nor efficient.
    What's the macro command for targeting and/or marking with the new icons? I haven't been able to figure out although I haven't even tried in awhile.

I also prefer using numbers + the original healing cross for marking healers. I really don't like the numbered healing icon for the marking system.
    Last edited by Riane; 01-25-2014 at 09:51 AM.

Or you can be stellar at playing with no marks, then no matter what is marked it doesn't make a difference to you. I shouldn't ask people to take the high road here though.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Or you can be stellar at playing with no marks, then no matter what is marked it doesn't make a difference to you. I shouldn't ask people to take the high road here though.
    Let me know when your stellar

I've had the same problem. Can't read them so I can't macro them if I wanted.

Obviously designed for daglar and whatever pve guild he is to stare at before pulls.

Let me know when your stellar
    Depending on what has gone in my body the last 2 hours I range from "Whats an MMO?" to "Hail to the King, baby".
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

the numbers are superior to the healer marks only with good players in a premade.

in baddie pugland, which is where the majority of rift players live, the healer marks simply stand out more.
    they are not only more easily seen, they actually call attention to themselves.

if you want the players you group queued with to target the enemy in a certain order, use the numbers.
    but if you want the rest of the team to target a healer as soon as they return from respawning for the ninth time, use the healer marks

squirrel and skull for doms.

arrow for the most threatening enemy dps/player I have a grudge against/guildie on the opposite team.

avoid symbol for the dps cleric in pve gear on my own team
    Last edited by Kronos v; 01-25-2014 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

I'm always a bit confused when I get into a WF and someone put a mark on me and the rest of the team, then when we engage the other team the same person and/or others mark the opposite team with the same marks. The marks see more PvP then I do...
    17/17 T1, 4/4 T1HM, 4/4 GA, 3/3 IG, 5/5 PB

You can play how you'd like, but I fail to see the skill or enjoyment involved in entering a warfront only to press a 1 button macro that does all the work for you while you run around worrying about specific target markings.

I guess I just feel more satisfaction in using the skills myself and not relying on a script to win for me. Tends to work too since I'm always at the top of list for dps or heals depending which I role in a match.

I guess some people need extra help though to be good.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast