+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: PvP in Rift just a Instagib Fest?

Shadowlander

Default PvP in Rift just a Instagib Fest?

Hey Guys!

So i returned to Rift to take a look what happened in the last Year, and if the Game improved.
    Tried Healing in Warfronts.
    First of all, i dont have PvP Gear on my Toon, so in Warfronts, i run around with Mercenary Gear, basically.
    In every Warfront i joined, People just die in a few Seconds, even if attacked from just one Player. TTK seems to be very short, which would be okay, if Healing would be strong enough.
    What i encountered:
    My Healing is just not enough. I have to cycle through all my CDs as Sentinel or Purifier, to keep a Player alive, even if he gets attacked from only one Player. Same goes for myself.
    As soon as my CDs are down, my Healing is not enough to keep myself or someone alive. Not even against one Player.
    Valor Tooltip says 4920, so if Valor is working correctly, that isnt the Problem.
    Vengeance doesnt have an effect on Healing Skills, does it?
    Also, Gear differences are not that big in PvP, are they?
    I really dont know what the Problem is.
    Is Rift PvP really just a (more or less) Instagib Fest?

1). Play a sentinel
    2). Anticipate incoming damage and use Healer's Covenant and Overload.
    3). Make a Crucial Invocation macro (which has Touch the light at the start and Vigilance at the end)
    4).???
    5). Profit.

Having said that, people are going to be burst down extremely quickly sometimes, and you will not be able to keep them up if you're the only one healing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Themuzz View Post
    1). Play a sentinel
    3). Make a Crucial Invocation macro (which has Touch the light at the start and Vigilance at the end)
    4).???
    5). Profit.

Having said that, people are going to be burst down extremely quickly sometimes, and you will not be able to keep them up if you're the only one healing them.
    I wouldn't put vigilance in a macro.

Also, Stormzill
    STORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORM

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Themuzz View Post
    1). Play a sentinel
    4).???
    5). Profit.

So basically what i said?
    Without CDs, theres no Chance to keep someone alive?

Quote Originally Posted by SWGMOD010 View Post
    I wouldn't put vigilance in a macro.
    I would, a separate, situational macro. My preference ehh.

Quote Originally Posted by Trapjaw View Post
    So basically what i said?
    Without CDs, theres no Chance to keep someone alive?
    It's situational, random and has more to do with the people that you are playing with/against, rather than your specific abilities.

Also, Gear differences are not that big in PvP, are they?
    the difference between each set of gear is very low.
    the difference between no gear (bolstered) and runed pvp gear is significant.

any empty gear slots will not be bolstered.
    runes on equipped pve gear are not transferred to bolstered pvp gear.
    you are actually bolstered to freelancer level.

a defiler is required to counter the insta gibbing.
    purifiers are great too.
    sentinel works best when supporting one of those two healers.

the players being insta gibbed are playing specs that invite being one shotted.
    don't waste your heals on anyone under 25k hit points (anyone with runed pvp gear will have over 25k hit points)
    find the guy on your team who is able to insta gib the enemy. heal him. dead enemies have a very difficult time trying to one shot your teammates.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    the difference between each set of gear is very low.
    the difference between no gear (bolstered) and runed pvp gear is significant.

any empty gear slots will not be bolstered.
    runes on equipped pve gear are not transferred to bolstered pvp gear.
    you are actually bolstered to freelancer level.

a defiler is required to counter the insta gibbing.
    purifiers are great too.
    sentinel works best when supporting one of those two healers.

the players being insta gibbed are playing specs that invite being one shotted.
    don't waste your heals on anyone under 25k hit points (anyone with runed pvp gear will have over 25k hit points)
    find the guy on your team who is able to insta gib the enemy. heal him. dead enemies have a very difficult time trying to one shot your teammates.
    Thank you for the Information.
    Do you have any clue on how big the difference is between a top geared Player and a Freelancer geared Player in regards to damage taken, healing done and HP?

Thank you for the Information.
    Do you have any clue on how big the difference is between a top geared Player and a Freelancer geared Player in regards to damage taken, healing done and HP?
    I don't have any hard numbers for you. someone else went through each set stat by stat and noted that the difference between each set is 5%, but that was not taking runes into account.
    it has also been noted that a full warlord geared player - with runes - loses stats when bolstered to myrmidon due to the loss of the runes while bolstered (5 v 5 match bolsters to myrmidon level). this indicates that runes provide more stats than the difference between each tier of gear.

as such, this means the difference between a bolstered player (un-runed freelancer) and a fully runed myrmidon will be significant.
    this will mostly effect hit points (endurance) and healing done (wis/spell power) more than it will damage taken.
    however, hit points is a major factor. a larger hit point pool on a target gives a healer more to work with.
    a player with unruned freelancer in a glass cannon spec will have around 20k hit points. easily within the instagib range.
    runed myrmidon have 25k or more.
    to be sufficiently protected against instagibbing, you should aim for around 30k, which will require endurance runes and spec adjustment.

it is worth noting that effective HP can also make up the difference. effective HP means things like your actual HP +
    absorb shields or defiler links. 25k hit points + 5k absorb shield = 30k effective HP.
    this is why you should make nice with a purifier

Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

No this is no where near insta-gib, even without the need to aim.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Never mind anyone not in PvP gear, they are grinding favor and, SHOULD know it's a faceroll fest until they get it. If any residual/Group heals aren't enough for them, oh well, they die. (Yes that includes a couple of my alts.) Keep the heavy hitters on your team up, they are doing the most toward a win for you, slap a heal on others when you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadeth View Post
    Never mind anyone not in PvP gear, they are grinding favor and, SHOULD know it's a faceroll fest until they get it. If any residual/Group heals aren't enough for them, oh well, they die. (Yes that includes a couple of my alts.) Keep the heavy hitters on your team up, they are doing the most toward a win for you, slap a heal on others when you can.
    you are mostly correct.
    I have seen the occasional pve geared player perform well, but its rare, and should not be treated as the norm.

I have also seen pve geared players who refuse to buy pvp gear, as they think the bolster system is sufficient and as such buying pvp gear is a waste of time/favor/effort. such players tend to perform rather badly, not just due to the lack of gear, but also due to their lack of knowledge and refusal to learn. such players should be vote kicked off your team, as their ignorance often does more harm than good.

My Healing is just not enough. I have to cycle through all my CDs as Sentinel or Purifier, to keep a Player alive, even if he gets attacked from only one Player. Same goes for myself.
    I don't play a healer but I think you might be doing something wrong. Healers can be near unkillable, especially when two healers cross heal each other and never run out of mana. I've seen two healers live through full groups beating on them while simultaneously healing other players.

Seriously, this isn't rocket science. You are viable as can be from the first week of being 60. Toon performance is where this disparity comes from. Nobody realizes they aren't good. Sorry but it's the truth. It's why recruiting for a high end guild (over the course of 4 years) was *never* easy. Do you know how hard it is to even find 20 people in an MMO who perform at the top of their class?

This games overall skill is worse than Eq2s. So...uhhh....yeah...l2p issues. It's just that simple. You are viable in theory. You are only not viable in practice.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Shadowlander

Thank you all for the Infos.
    One more Question:
    Vengeance does increase with better Gear, and Vengeance only increase Damage (Attack Power / Spell Power (offensively used against other Players).
    So with better Gear, Damage increases not only through Base Stats, but also through Vengeance, while Valor is still pretty much the same on Freelancers up to Myrmidon?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast