+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Please BUFF sentinels

Default Please BUFF sentinels

This has gone on long enough, the time has come for change.

-Healing communion needs to be restored to what it was.

-Another break free needs to be added.

-Reverent Supplication needs to be twice as powerful as it is now.

-Quietus (Silence) need to come back too.

Only then, will we start seeing some healing balance in warfront pvp when compared to other healing specs, across all classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Themuzz View Post
    This has gone on long enough, the time has come for change.

-Healing communion needs to be restored to what it was.

-Another break free needs to be added.

-Reverent Supplication needs to be twice as powerful as it is now.

-Quietus (Silence) need to come back too.

Only then, will we start seeing some healing balance in warfront pvp when compared to other healing specs, across all classes.
    I agree completely, i want specs with 4 break frees. Only having 3 is stupid, how do they expect us to operate with that?

BMP getting bondaged without being able to break free since 1985

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Mire View Post
    BMP getting bondaged without being able to break free since 1985
    One must ask for the key, that is the secret.

You know what buffs I want [back]?
    • Echoes of Ascension - I want to be able to brez myself.
    • Nysyr's Brand - I want to spam this on all Assassins so they can't stealth. FOAD.

That being said: I'm pretty sure this is a troll thread, right? Aside from the legit comment about Healing Communion that is. Although I don't think they'll ever buff an AOE heal from a single-target healing soul. They might as well just replace it with a different ability with how crappy it is.

Soulwalker

They should just let Sent have a stealth skill they can heal from... seems legit.

When I played Sent I ran 12 points in Warden for Healing Cataract. They should lower the mana cost of Critical Invocation instead of buffing Reverent Supplication.

Majn
    Be healed and be well.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by MannSeastone View Post
    When I played Sent I ran 12 points in Warden for Healing Cataract. They should lower the mana cost of Critical Invocation instead of buffing Reverent Supplication.
    Please don't ever (99% of all situations) use healing cataract in high sentinel builds.

Just leave healing communion there and pretend it doesn't exist, it would be nice to turn this into a useful skill or just remove it, but attention is needed elsewhere than adjusting the quality of the sentinel soul. Like cabalist.

"microtransactions done properly is game design done poorly." - Some dude on an internet forum

i think the buff to sent is coming soon. same patch as the NB and Tempest buffs

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    i think the buff to sent is coming soon. same patch as the NB and Tempest buffs
    I'm looking forward to the tempest buffs. finally we'll have a viable ranged soul to break the monotony of pure melee tankyness that has grown so stale of late.
    hopefully they'll do a decent job of it and give it the same kind of utility, mobility, and lethality of MM, or the insane burst of pyro with the survivability of inquisitor.
    I've always wanted to play a ranged spec, but I made the mistake of rolling a melee class at launch, so I've been stuck with that while looking on enviously at all the ranged pew pew coming from rogues, mages, and clerics.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Candoalot View Post
    Please don't ever (99% of all situations) use healing cataract in high sentinel builds.

Just leave healing communion there and pretend it doesn't exist, it would be nice to turn this into a useful skill or just remove it, but attention is needed elsewhere than adjusting the quality of the sentinel soul. Like cabalist.
    People actually underestimate these abilities because they forget Faith Rewarded exists. Faith Rewarded is also what makes Sentinel cleansing the best in the game (outside of Purifier's Sterilize, but that's ST and on a longer cooldown). Fortunately for you guys, FW can be purged and a lot of Sentinels forget to put it back up.
    Last edited by Ahov; 01-25-2014 at 03:36 PM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    People actually underestimate these abilities because they forget Faith Rewarded exists. Faith Rewarded is also what makes Sentinel cleansing the best in the game (outside of Purifier's Sterilize, but that's ST and on a longer cooldown). Fortunately for you guys, FW can be purged and a lot of Sentinels forget to put it back up.
    Faith rewarded triggers when a target is below 50% health and heals in the 900-1k non crit range in pvp combat. It's not that faith rewarded isn't good, it's that people use communion and cataract in full sent when people are taking ST damage. These people need invocations and cooldowns, not popping healer's haste and nyol's hope on 5 healing cataract to act like an AOE healer for a few seconds.

I mean sure if you have a raid of 10 people taking sustained AOE damage and are below 50% health consistently, faith rewarded is great. But it's too situationally triggered to be relied upon in terms of AOE healing as a sentinel. Anyone below 50% health in pvp combat is just asking to be finished off.

"microtransactions done properly is game design done poorly." - Some dude on an internet forum

Ahov beat me to the explanation of why it's good, so we'll just have to disagree on the percentage of situations where it's useful.

Majn
    Be healed and be well.

Champion of Telara

Faith rewarded triggers when a target is below 50% health and heals in the 900-1k non crit range in pvp combat. It's not that faith rewarded isn't good, it's that people use communion and cataract in full sent when people are taking ST damage. These people need invocations and cooldowns, not popping healer's haste and nyol's hope on 5 healing cataract to act like an AOE healer for a few seconds.

I mean sure if you have a raid of 10 people taking sustained AOE damage and are below 50% health consistently, faith rewarded is great. But it's too situationally triggered to be relied upon in terms of AOE healing as a sentinel. Anyone below 50% health in pvp combat is just asking to be finished off.
    nyol's hope doesn't work on aoe heals first of all

secondly, people go sub 50% all the time in pvp. Without dying (provided you don't run with 20k hp via bolster, or are too stingy to spend money on rune for non myrm pvp gear)

third, FW basically doubles the healing of communion/cataract. actually, more than doubles. It has limited use, but it has use.

lastly, I don't think going 12w for cataract in a sent build is that great, you miss out on flashover and a very large % to single target healing but hey, Im sure some make it work
    Do the herpty derp, please, keep LOSing your healers behind objects so you die.

xxs
    Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Baconbits View Post
    secondly, people go sub 50% all the time in pvp. Without dying (provided you don't run with 20k hp via bolster, or are too stingy to spend money on rune for non myrm pvp gear)
    The worst offender is running pve builds in pvp.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast