+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: PvP in open world: plz stop the one shot griefers with no lives

Default PvP in open world: plz stop the one shot griefers with no lives

So, even though it's been said many times, a solution needs to be addressed to deal with the trolls on Seastone that are under the delusion they are demonstrating skill by 1 shotting low level players and camping them at the respawn points. There are many solutions to deal with this, and the devs need to come up with one, because none is really not acceptable. These trolls contribute nothing positive to the community and I could care less the reason they think it's okay to do it for hours at a time. Some of the possible solutions include:

Players can only attack and be attacked by players within 5 levels of themselves. or,

All players are auto-mentored to the max questing level of a zone upon entering the zone. or,

10 meter invulnerability zone around spawn points. It will allow a player to teleport out of the area. As it is now, someone can camp the rez point and kill you over and over, preventing you from leaving, essentially ending your game play.

---These were just a few of the unlimited possibilities for dealing with harassment. In one sense, it baffles me how you receive warnings, suspensions, or bans for verbally insulting someone or using bad language "for which there is an ignore option and profanity filter", yet you can physically harass players and prevent them from even leaving a spawn point with absolutely zero consequence.

I'm sure the trolls will not want to see something put in place to prevent this, but in reality, who cares what they think.. they are a detriment to the game. There needs to be a balance between a full pvp world and at least making sure that a low level is able to physically leave an area and not be prevented from having any forward progress whatsoever due to harassment.

Ascendant

You might have some luck with the world defense channel, most of the gankers are very bad at PvP (the campers anyway).

Yeah, I've noticed that if a group of 60's show up, even if its 2 60's vs 3 spawn campers, the spawn campers go down extremely fast. My guess is that is why they are there. They can't compete against players their own level so they are under some sick delusion that 1 shotting lowbies demonstrates some kind of skill. Or they just like to harass people. Either way, a simple 10 meter invulnerable zone around a spawn would fix this problem... partially at least.

Move to a pve shard.

Rift Disciple

one of the hazards of being on a pvp server

often those attacks are designed (or at least used to be) to get a group of
    folks to respond in defense, then the aggressors bring more, then defense,
    and so on until it becomes a cackling mess of excited pvpers

then the fun begins

Frayedknot/Boxofrain
    Last edited by Camalus; 01-25-2014 at 12:03 AM.

Shield of Telara

Could always do something similar to GW and the mentoring system. When you enter a zone that is between X and Z bracket, your level drops ( mentors down ) to max level of that bracket.

Obviously it wouldn't stop more damage output from that player if they are wearing/wielding level 60 gear with 61 point abilities but, it would make it a bit more balanced grounds for you to run or stand and fight.

Can't really say it's a bad idea because not many people now go to lower level bracket zones to do stuff unless it's catch up work on quests/artifacts and so on.

Level 60 Rogue goes to Silverwood, their level drops to 20. For example.

ah
    long gone are the days, when the gentlemanly sport of trolling was not synonymous with the act of spawn camping ruffians, nor illiterate spamming swine
    Last edited by Rahak; 01-25-2014 at 12:22 AM.
    stormhak stormbar stormkvinde kagestorm stormelver

in all honesty, unless that person ganking is just a lousy pvper and can only kill someone 20 lvls lower, you're usually just innocent casualties of war used to bring on other 60's for some wpvp fun. yes, it's cheap and done at your expense - i blame obama.
    "That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche
    Aym @ Seastone
    GM of Stealthed Lives Matter

Quote Originally Posted by Camalus View Post
    one of the hazards of being on a pvp server

often those attacks are designed (or at least used to be) to get a group of
    folks to respond in defense, then the aggressors bring more, then defense,
    and so on until it becomes a cackling mess of excited pvpers

then the fun begins

Frayedknot/Boxofrain
    this is the standard excuse by given by gankers, but it is a false excuse.
    it only rarely happens this way.
    most often the gankers die once, then leave the zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellback View Post
    As it is now, someone can camp the rez point and kill you over and over, preventing you from leaving, essentially ending your game play.
    queue a warfront before you rez. wait for the warfront to pop. stand near where you died. when near your tombstone, you can see unstealthed enemies.
    when the warfront pops, rez and instantly take the warfront.
    when you return from the warfront (10minutes or so later) you will have a short period of pvp immunity. port out of the zone.

I liked warhammers method of discouraging gankers. when a player enters a zone below their tier and flags for pvp, they get turned into a chicken and all stats reduced to one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Yeah, as I said, there's many reasons and excuses people give as to why they think it's okay to do... but in the end, I think a reasonable short term solution would just be to make the spawning platform a safe zone. If someone wants to prevent you from leaving the spawn platform... well then I guess you gotta get lvl 60's to come help you... but at least if you are safe on the spawn point you could at least teleport out of the zone and not have your gameplay ended. I know there are tricks to perhaps get lucky and get into a warzone or something but a lot of new players won't know that and after being unable to spawn and leave the area there is a good chance they will just go play something else. I guarantee you there are new players that have quit over that type of thing.

And you could say, go play on a pve server... but that's the thing. People want to play on a pvp server, because it adds a fun element to have combat with people in the open world... but no one makes a character on a pvp server saying that they'd like to do it so some 12 year old kid can feel cool by 1 shotting him and preventing him from playing.

So, there's many ways to solve this problem, but perhaps the easiest way for the moment would be to just make the spawn points a safe zone.. at least then you can leave the area, or try to join in an instant adventure that will get you away from that area.

Are u a defiant in stonefield?

Cruicble usually brings 20-30 to zerg the lowbies

We try to get 10-15 to fight them when we can but they always go back after we leave
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

Rift Master

Go join a pve shard if you don't want to get ganked. Believe it or not, getting corpse camped will make you a better player, though I can see the frustration if you refuse to learn anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Guidinglite View Post
    Go join a pve shard if you don't want to get ganked. Believe it or not, getting corpse camped will make you a better player, though I can see the frustration if you refuse to learn anything.
    How does one get better after getting corpse camped/ getting one shot every time you res/ not being able to do anything till the 40 year old guy still living with his parents gets bored and logs.... Please I'm dying to know this.
    Last edited by Rexxer; 01-25-2014 at 09:59 PM.
    I shouldn't have to pve to pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Guidinglite View Post
    You are obviously a troll, or one of the perpetrators. Either way, it would be interesting to hear an explanation of your delusion.

Corpse camping sure sucks, but honestly it's fairly easy situation to get away from.

I suggest moving to a PvE shard if you can't handle it.
    Last edited by Another; 01-26-2014 at 02:48 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast