+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: CQ Should be Account Shared

Rift Chaser

Default CQ Should be Account Shared

Seriously? With even one alt keeping up CQ power is ridiculous. Rep is shared, why not CQ?
    Marduke

Quote Originally Posted by Marduk View Post
    Seriously? With even one alt keeping up CQ power is ridiculous. Rep is shared, why not CQ?
    A thousand times yes.
    Thondrin - W̶o̶l̶f̶s̶b̶a̶n̶e̶ Derpwood - Warrior - Doing it wrong since 2011 - I melee in CQ

Ascendant

I lost all the CQ power on my four toons over the xmas holidays and there is no way in hell that I will ever be doing it again, especially when I despise CQ so much.

I absolutely agree that it should be account bound so that I can spend 1/4 of the time doing something that I cannot stand to gain the benefits (which is still a huge amount of time).

Because trion is a joke. They failed but don't have the balls to admit it so they force us to to play this crap fest because the rewards are unique and valuable.

The more this company continues the more I despise them and their leaders
    Last edited by dday; 01-24-2014 at 07:39 PM.

Ascendant

Maybe they will make some item that allow it be shard account wide? for exaple from... new lock boxes :P

Or they will throw it as a bonus to patron status ;)
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

We have been pushing for this for ages. We know Trion doesn't like the current decay rate, hopefully they have something good in store for us.
    MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

PvPers are obnoxiously gated in Rift and although I think there was some reference to it being adjusted outside of a gear tier falling off in replace of a new tier gear.. they have done nothing to fix the multiple gated aspect of progression for the pvp.. In general cq power is just a little something they can do to help.. but it will not be the best thing they can do.. which is to eliminate ranks altogether and just use the marks as the upgrade path... They did however allow you to buy new daily warfronts which is again p2w and a way for them to make money without actually fixing the games gated feature. This is probably the most disturbing for me to digest..
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 01-24-2014 at 08:37 PM.

CQ is a chore as it is; Trion is literally making me want to quit this game when I have to think about grinding CQ again - on alts, or if it decays.

I agree, CQ power is the biggest drawback of the game. I've always said Rift is a casual MMO but, jeez, it is a pretty steep penalty that I can't even get lost in school work for 2 days without my toon rapidly decaying in progressed power. To create an MMO that sort of puts itself out there as a casual MMO and have a main aspect of progression degrade if people so much as step away for 48 hours seems paradoxical. People in school, people in work, people in both of those, people with kids, people take vacations, family tragedies come up - now while CQ power may pale in comparison to these real life events, I don't think that takes away from that fact that it's pretty abrasive that none of these things can really happen without repercussion in this game.

Account bound is a halfway solution when really the full one needs to be executed. CQ power decay is just not a good idea. Trion needs to swallow the fact that if CQ can't work without decay then they need a better idea entirely. I hate to say it but my favorite part of SL was the non-CQ era because I didn't have to upkeep power.

2c
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Baramos View Post
    We have been pushing for this for ages. We know Trion doesn't like the current decay rate, hopefully they have something good in store for us.
    If they don't like it, why don't they change it?

Being in control of the game gives you the ability to change it. I never realized they were spastic enough to not know this.

GG Trion, you teach me something every day.
    Last edited by Tookmyjob; 01-24-2014 at 10:13 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Marduk View Post

Rep (as in reputation/notoriety) is shared?

CQ power should be scrapped, along with conquest.
    Last edited by SWGMOD010; 01-25-2014 at 06:19 AM.

Also, Stormzill
    STORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORM

Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    Rep (as in reputation/notoriety) is shared?
    no but you can buy the rep runes on one toon and give it to another.

Mei

Everyone loves Conquest. Why else would so many people join everyday?
    Fluent

Quote Originally Posted by Mei View Post
    Everyone loves Conquest. Why else would so many people join everyday?
    I see what you did here

For the OP yea i agree 100%,supporting this idea.For people who have multiple characters it can be a nighmare to keep up the CQ power with all of his/her toons.I only have a warrior and a mage but i already see the drawbacks of multiple toons.Make this happen please,thanks .
    Last edited by sejo77; 01-25-2014 at 06:47 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast