+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Break Free

Telaran

Default Break Free

I have been silenced by Void Knights every 8 seconds for 4 seconds, stunned for 5 seconds, rooted and snared.

Why not make Break Free refresh it's cool down or a chance to refresh by 5%, 10%, 20% to offset the horrible CC immunity in this game? Put it tier 3 pvp tree whatever.
    (retired)Eighteenwheeler@deepwood p90 Warrior
    (retired)Coffi@deepwood p90 Cleric
    (retired)Tommygun@deepwood lvl 52 Mage

No more money for you Trion.

Seriously, the CC in the game is very annoying. There are times in the WF that our team cannot do anything because of it.

Covergirl Diamond
    <-Prophecy->
    Back in Action
    RIP Junlar the Great Cleric. I will cherish our friendship and bond for all eternity.

Sword of Telara

classes already have abiliites that give them immunity to everything its all about timing your skills out right
    Last edited by Ehxon; 01-24-2014 at 03:47 PM.

I'm calling out-right BS on whoever keeps saying break free grants temporary CC immunity. That is the biggest load of crap. I am pretty sure people are confusing immunity to the DR of the CC that just hit you with being out-right immune. I can't count how many times I break free of a CC and a split second later one that comes from a different DR nails me and locks me down. I've lost all faith in this player base to report abilities function properly. Nobody gets anything anymore. Which is why half the people think break free gives immunity - it would probably say that if it did like it does on other tooltips that actually do.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Mei

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    I'm calling out-right BS on whoever keeps saying break free grants temporary CC immunity. That is the biggest load of crap. I am pretty sure people are confusing immunity to the DR of the CC that just hit you with being out-right immune. I can't count how many times I break free of a CC and a split second later one that comes from a different DR nails me and locks me down. I've lost all faith in this player base to report abilities function properly. Nobody gets anything anymore. Which is why half the people think break free gives immunity - it would probably say that if it did like it does on other tooltips that actually do.
    #bestrogue
    Fluent

Ascendant

Break Free absolutely does grant immunity to CC for 3 seconds.

Why are people so intent on invalidating CC in this game?
    Last edited by Tookmyjob; 01-24-2014 at 04:25 PM.

Mei

Quote Originally Posted by Tookmyjob View Post
    Why are people so intent on invalidating CC in this game?
    because "back in my day"

The CC in RIFT is pitiful and often useless. Nearly everything shares DR and most forms of CC are really short. It's just hard for people with the attention span of a coked up housefly to play if they eat a 1.5s windspear.
    Fluent

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Mei View Post
    I'm sure that's the intention but I've been stunned literally half a second after using Break Free, on many occasions.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    I'm sure that's the intention but I've been stunned literally half a second after using Break Free, on many occasions.
    Maybe you just put Break Free in your macro and didn't know it was down?

Ascendant

Maybe you just put Break Free in your macro and didn't know it was down?
    3/10, would incite a reaction from the average player.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    3/10, would incite a reaction from the average player.
    It was at least an 8/10.

I wouldn't doubt some cc ignores the break free immunity

Ascendant

If people want to feel what 'out of control' CC is like, they should go and play SWToR. Then come back and enjoy this game's CC.

If people want to feel what 'out of control' CC is like, they should go and play SWToR. Then come back and enjoy this game's CC.
    Would you really put it past trion to have some cc ignore the immunity though. I feel like I pop break free and random times I'm ccd instantly. Like break stun get rooted

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    Would you really put it past trion to have some cc ignore the immunity though. I feel like I pop break free and random times I'm ccd instantly. Like break stun get rooted
    It is a distinct possibility that there was an oversight. Maybe one of the devs just wanted a pretty looking icon on his buff bar, so that he could feel pro as he mashed his macro.
    It could also be a relic from the game's Alpha phase that has never been looked at since.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast