+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: I dont understand this.....

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    5

    Default I dont understand this.....

    Why allow the person with the Fang of Regulos to run back to their spawn point? sure they get less points but THEY ARE AT THEIR SPAWN POINT! If they drop it they can easily pick it back up while if your against them you have no reinforcements because they have to travel all the way around the map to reach them, it is almost an automatic win when somebody does this with 2 even teams going up against each other....
    Can you not make it so people lose the Fang of Regulos when they are in their spawn area for more then 5 seconds? Give them a timer even so they know whats going on if you must just keep them out of their freaking spawn with that bull****, it is completely unfair to do so and if everyone was a good person it'd be ok but people are not good and they abuse this system just because they can.

  2. #2
    Rift Master EverydayAnomaly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    621

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Generalbrawl View Post
    Why allow the person with the Fang of Regulos to run back to their spawn point? sure they get less points but THEY ARE AT THEIR SPAWN POINT! If they drop it they can easily pick it back up while if your against them you have no reinforcements because they have to travel all the way around the map to reach them, it is almost an automatic win when somebody does this with 2 even teams going up against each other....
    Can you not make it so people lose the Fang of Regulos when they are in their spawn area for more then 5 seconds? Give them a timer even so they know whats going on if you must just keep them out of their freaking spawn with that bull****, it is completely unfair to do so and if everyone was a good person it'd be ok but people are not good and they abuse this system just because they can.
    Not sure if trolling, but I'll bite. There is nothing illegal or wrong with this tactic. Having said that, the last time I saw someone do this was in the lower brackets. Don't think I have ever seen someone in 60 do it becuase its not the most effective way to win. It just simply takes way too long for the count and with one slip up - the attacking team grabs the fang, runs to mid and within a minute or two is passing the "abusing" team in points.

    The way you counter this is get your group together by the opening in the wall between mid and the side you are going to run up to and attack. When you keep everyone together and run up and attack at the same time, you will have a good chance at getting them to drop the fang.
    -Hello Kitty-
    Meepz@Deepwood
    Primalmeepz@Deepwood

  3. #3
    Sword of Telara Tohrid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    878

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EverydayAnomaly View Post
    Not sure if trolling, but I'll bite. There is nothing illegal or wrong with this tactic. Having said that, the last time I saw someone do this was in the lower brackets. Don't think I have ever seen someone in 60 do it becuase its not the most effective way to win. It just simply takes way too long for the count and with one slip up - the attacking team grabs the fang, runs to mid and within a minute or two is passing the "abusing" team in points.

    The way you counter this is get your group together by the opening in the wall between mid and the side you are going to run up to and attack. When you keep everyone together and run up and attack at the same time, you will have a good chance at getting them to drop the fang.
    It's a huge accurence still in the lower brackets.

  4. #4
    Ascendant Bliter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,564

    Default

    Pull and kick. Yell at your Warriors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

  5. #5
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EverydayAnomaly View Post
    Not sure if trolling, but I'll bite. There is nothing illegal or wrong with this tactic. Having said that, the last time I saw someone do this was in the lower brackets. Don't think I have ever seen someone in 60 do it becuase its not the most effective way to win. It just simply takes way too long for the count and with one slip up - the attacking team grabs the fang, runs to mid and within a minute or two is passing the "abusing" team in points.

    The way you counter this is get your group together by the opening in the wall between mid and the side you are going to run up to and attack. When you keep everyone together and run up and attack at the same time, you will have a good chance at getting them to drop the fang.
    I see it often enough to finally make a thread about it, so i guess about 1 of every 4-8 games i see it happen, its not illegal, but it is wrong, i dont know how you can sit there and say its not wrong. And im sorry but warfront doesnt always consist of having a team that actually knows what to do (even near endgame u still have those people who paid their way up or had a friend help them so much they didnt learn properly). Your logic is assuming that the teams will be pre-made or just spontaneously connect together and everyone knows what to do, im sorry but it doesnt work that way all the time. So your saying if we have even teams in the middle but half the players dont realize that the fang isnt in the middle im screwed and might as well leave or gather as much favor as possible? Im sorry sir but your logic is flawed.

  6. #6
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    So you want to balance game mechanics around people who don't know what to do.

    Negative, no.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

  7. #7
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    So you want to balance game mechanics around people who don't know what to do.

    Negative, no.
    Well that would be half the people or majority of the people would it not? Maybe level60 is different because thats when you actually HAVE to improve yourself in order to survive, but what about those still leveling? they have to suffer because the pros know what to do already?
    Doesnt make any sense to make the new players who are still learning suffer to a point where they may quit because they are not enjoying themselves on this game and move to something else. So your saying you would rather have the game die slowly than to make things fair for those who are slow learners and take more time to understand exactly what to do?

  8. #8
    Rift Master EverydayAnomaly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    621

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Generalbrawl View Post
    I see it often enough to finally make a thread about it, so i guess about 1 of every 4-8 games i see it happen, its not illegal, but it is wrong, i dont know how you can sit there and say its not wrong. And im sorry but warfront doesnt always consist of having a team that actually knows what to do (even near endgame u still have those people who paid their way up or had a friend help them so much they didnt learn properly). Your logic is assuming that the teams will be pre-made or just spontaneously connect together and everyone knows what to do, im sorry but it doesnt work that way all the time. So your saying if we have even teams in the middle but half the players dont realize that the fang isnt in the middle im screwed and might as well leave or gather as much favor as possible? Im sorry sir but your logic is flawed.
    I wouldn't say my logic is flawed, but i can also say you won't see this in lvl 60 pvp. Mainly, because of the logic i gave you. True, in lower brackets you will see this but it is still not the most effective way to win.

    You say in your comment that the two teams are even but then you say that the team you are on only has half the folks realizing what is going on in the match. I would say that means the two teams are not even. In fact, if that was the case, they probably would have beaten you hiding behind the tree or even holding near mid.

    I definitely agree that PUG's won't always work together, possibly even go so far as to say they rarely will work together. However, that does not mean you should just give up in a match if they don't want to group up and attack. So to answer your final question, play on, try to do the best you can and wait until you get to 60 - which happens faster than you think - and then you will see some folks who think and play the game more effectively. You will also still see some that have no idea of objectives, focus firing, positioning, healing, ect. Its part of it. Take your lumps and move up in rank and you will be suprised at how things change at 60.
    -Hello Kitty-
    Meepz@Deepwood
    Primalmeepz@Deepwood

  9. #9
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EverydayAnomaly View Post
    I wouldn't say my logic is flawed, but i can also say you won't see this in lvl 60 pvp. Mainly, because of the logic i gave you. True, in lower brackets you will see this but it is still not the most effective way to win.

    You say in your comment that the two teams are even but then you say that the team you are on only has half the folks realizing what is going on in the match. I would say that means the two teams are not even. In fact, if that was the case, they probably would have beaten you hiding behind the tree or even holding near mid.

    I definitely agree that PUG's won't always work together, possibly even go so far as to say they rarely will work together. However, that does not mean you should just give up in a match if they don't want to group up and attack. So to answer your final question, play on, try to do the best you can and wait until you get to 60 - which happens faster than you think - and then you will see some folks who think and play the game more effectively. You will also still see some that have no idea of objectives, focus firing, positioning, healing, ect. Its part of it. Take your lumps and move up in rank and you will be suprised at how things change at 60.
    you should read something thoroughly when you reply, i said they are even IN THE MIDDLE, meaning people know their class but dont know the objective, so if they were to stay within the confines of the battlegrounds main areas it would be a fair fight. But unfortunately the people dont know the objective yet they want to fight so they head to where they think is the most action without realizing what is going on. And your logic is flawed because you only think about the lvl60 endgame pvp and not the pvp as a whole, its like people who join a pvp server and dont expect to be killed constantly in open world by higher levels but expect to be able to do it to people themselves....

  10. #10
    Rift Master EverydayAnomaly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    621

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Generalbrawl View Post
    you should read something thoroughly when you reply, i said they are even IN THE MIDDLE, meaning people know their class but dont know the objective, so if they were to stay within the confines of the battlegrounds main areas it would be a fair fight. But unfortunately the people dont know the objective yet they want to fight so they head to where they think is the most action without realizing what is going on. And your logic is flawed because you only think about the lvl60 endgame pvp and not the pvp as a whole, its like people who join a pvp server and dont expect to be killed constantly in open world by higher levels but expect to be able to do it to people themselves....
    Okay. I did understand what you said but it does not matter if they are even in the middle, the west side, south side, etc. My comment was that if half or more of your team does not understand the objective, then the teams are probably not even. Their team had a better understanding of the objective and they won the match.

    You can't just shrink the playing field just because your team doesn't understand the objective. You can't just open a 10x10 battleground to ensure they can at least see the objective on screen at all times. You can't make the fang turn into a 100 foot tall purple monkey just to make sure they at least notice it. The team you are on will either acknowledge the objectve (no matter where it is) or they will not.

    Initially, yes, i thought you were trolling because I don't see that in level 60 gameplay. However, everyting else i stated hold true for all brackets.
    -Hello Kitty-
    Meepz@Deepwood
    Primalmeepz@Deepwood

  11. #11
    Ascendant Oblivion333's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,616

    Default

    It's more of an annoyance factor. When I was leveling to 50 (back in the days), I would bring the stone back to the base to annoy the other team. When all of their team were up near the base, I would go back down LOL, and when they were down again, I would go back to the base LOL.

    However I notice it usually works better at lower levels than higher levels. Level 60 you will not be able to get away with it unless the other team are horrible.

    Covergirl Diamond
    <-Prophecy->
    Back in Action
    RIP Junlar the Great Cleric. I will cherish our friendship and bond for all eternity.

  12. #12
    Ascendant Bliter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion333 View Post
    unless the other team are horrible.
    Translation: do it every game!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

  13. #13
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EverydayAnomaly View Post
    Okay. I did understand what you said but it does not matter if they are even in the middle, the west side, south side, etc. My comment was that if half or more of your team does not understand the objective, then the teams are probably not even. Their team had a better understanding of the objective and they won the match.

    You can't just shrink the playing field just because your team doesn't understand the objective. You can't just open a 10x10 battleground to ensure they can at least see the objective on screen at all times. You can't make the fang turn into a 100 foot tall purple monkey just to make sure they at least notice it. The team you are on will either acknowledge the objectve (no matter where it is) or they will not.

    Initially, yes, i thought you were trolling because I don't see that in level 60 gameplay. However, everyting else i stated hold true for all brackets.
    Obviously you didnt, your comparing my reasonable statement to those of a ridiculous statement. 100 foot tall purple monkey? really? thats what you are going to compare that to? Also in case u didnt notice the sides have places to hide should u chose to use them so again your logic is flawed, your just trying to defend a terrible way of holding the fang. The maps have been made to utilize the sides for the buffs and obstacles that are there, yet people still decide to take the easy route and run to their spawn for safe coverage knowing that if a teammate dies he will be back to help him within 25 seconds whereas the other team will take much longer to reinforce the attack due to such a long distance, keep in mind they dont even allow you to mount up for quicker speed, if you could mount it wouldnt be a problem but you cant even mount in the battleground. Only game i have seen where you dont get banned for doing something like this.

  14. #14
    Ascendant Kronos v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EverydayAnomaly View Post
    Not sure if trolling, but I'll bite. There is nothing illegal or wrong with this tactic. Having said that, the last time I saw someone do this was in the lower brackets.
    I had someone on my team suggest doing this at the start of a lvl 60 match. the entire team laughed at him.
    it is very rare that this is done at level 60, usually by a team that is losing the fighting.

    it is near effortless to counter. keep in mind the fang hurts the carrier, so the carrier will always be the easiest to kill, and get progressively easier the longer he holds it. time is not the carriers friend, particularly as the points gained while holding the fang so far from mid can actually be less than the points gained from kills.

    so...kill the carrier...aoe the dropped fang.
    fang respawns at mid, the derp team that dropped the fang is not at mid, they are all cowering near their spawn.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

  15. #15
    Plane Walker Nitzi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    450

    Default

    I hate when my own team does this, if the opposite team do it I enjoy the free win.
    17/17 T1, 4/4 T1HM, 4/4 GA, 3/3 IG, 5/5 PB

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts