+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Still needed: Portable LoS

Default Still needed: Portable LoS

C'mon Trion, offer us some player dropped LoS objects. I've been asking for something like this for a long time, and it would freshen up the PvP meta quite a bit.

I see so many players just turret fire and not bother to move while their health is ping ponging from a healer dumping in what 3 DPS are taking out, and it's just sad to watch. They aren't static shot / burning bonds / delayed pulse rooted, they're just dumb. Or lazy if you prefer to say it more nicely.

Stuff the abilities in the war PA trees. Each lasts 10s seconds (instant cast GTAEO placement, 45s CD) and offers a 1m x 4m "wall", each with a color corresponding to the class and oriented by the direction the caster is currently facing:

Warrior wall - Snares enemies within 10m of the obstruction for the duration
    Cleric wall - increases healing done by 15% for allies within 10m of the obstruction
    Mage wall - increases spell damage by 10% for allies withing 10m of the obstruction
    Rogue wall - increases physical damage by 10% for allies within 10m of the obstruction

None of the obstruction perks would stack.

Breaking LoS in wide open engagement areas would add a bit of tactical play that is sorely lacking. Adding player collision mechanics would be a load of work - can we try something like this instead?
    Currently playing Beermaid lvl 65 War

As a cleric I despise LoS. Half the time I don't even bother to heal Library because I'm sick of pillars and multi levels. I am pretty sure I'd never play my cleric again if this happened.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Yea I don't like this idea either. I would rather see defensive cds or reflects.

Ranged that stand still in the open deserve to get burned down.

You know, I never have trouble finding LoS hideouts. I think this is an interesting idea but if people aren't using the in place LoS, why would we think they would use this? Adding more complexity would confuse these already bad ranged players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

its for melee players not range. when there is a zerg off anyone not in stealth sneaking around the back is dead trying to get to the other zerg. WSF is the worst for this and port scion bridge. library too since those pilars screw melee

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    its for melee players not range. when there is a zerg off anyone not in stealth sneaking around the back is dead trying to get to the other zerg. WSF is the worst for this and port scion bridge. library too since those pilars screw melee
    So if those LoS screw melee, why add more? Ranged would benefit the most from portable LoS, patently obvious too. Set up dead center of big fights, hug either side of your barrier and you have cover from half of ranged while being able to shoot any melee in between. This would be terrible for melee, gigantic boost to range.

Also, what happens when people block stuff ? We could just keep blocking fang carriers, block stones, flags and what ever else.

How does this benefit PvE? It wouldn't so all of this is academic anyway. Ain't happening but its fun to talk about.
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Bliter View Post
    So if those LoS screw melee, why add more? Ranged would benefit the most from portable LoS, patently obvious too. Set up dead center of big fights, hug either side of your barrier and you have cover from half of ranged while being able to shoot any melee in between. This would be terrible for melee, gigantic boost to range.

Also, what happens when people block stuff ? We could just keep blocking fang carriers, block stones, flags and what ever else.

How does this benefit PvE? It wouldn't so all of this is academic anyway. Ain't happening but its fun to talk about.
    those pillars screw melee because healers can hide behind them and shadow you from your own healer. basically there is plenty of LOS for range but very little for melee.

the point of the OP is to drop and LOS in front of you so that your healers can heal your from behind and the zerg cant attack you because you are LOS.

the problem with that is if you dropped an los your own team couldnt heal a player on the other side of the los which would be a nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    As a cleric I despise LoS. Half the time I don't even bother to heal Library because I'm sick of pillars and multi levels. I am pretty sure I'd never play my cleric again if this happened.
    I can't decide if I hate Library or Black Garden more. Actually, no. I hate BG way more. Those ******* spines that I'm always getting stuck on or people LOSing me.

Ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Well it would take a modicum of skill to use... If you've just been pulled in by the enemy and you're about to get pasted, you might want to spin 180 to face them before dropping the wall, or yes you'd cut yourself off from incoming heals.

You could LoS over-extenders from their team with clever placement.

You could have a phalanx of them for CQ, changing the facerolling with some tactics.

I still think it would be far more useful than not, and break up the tedium of static combat environments.
    Currently playing Beermaid lvl 65 War

Quote Originally Posted by Fujitasix View Post
    Well it would take a modicum of skill to use... If you've just been pulled in by the enemy and you're about to get pasted, you might want to spin 180 to face them before dropping the wall, or yes you'd cut yourself off from incoming heals.

You could LoS over-extenders from their team with clever placement.

You could have a phalanx of them for CQ, changing the facerolling with some tactics.

I still think it would be far more useful than not, and break up the tedium of static combat environments.
    What stops aholes from using it to block fang carriers, spawn points etc?

I think this is a fatal flaw to WFs unless given to just healers and very high in their trees.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

LoS is too OP in this game, with instant HP heals going around.

Quote Originally Posted by Bliter View Post
    What stops aholes from using it to block fang carriers, spawn points etc?

I think this is a fatal flaw to WFs unless given to just healers and very high in their trees.
    wth why would healers get it? honestly man maybe 1/3 of your posts make any sense

the problem is you as melee you would screw over other players on your own team which is why it would never work. picture rift prison times 10. nothing is worse then someone using that on a focused target imagine walls going up to block a focus'd target or to block your team mate from getting heals.

wth why would healers get it? honestly man maybe 1/3 of your posts make any sense

the problem is you as melee you would screw over other players on your own team which is why it would never work. picture rift prison times 10. nothing is worse then someone using that on a focused target imagine walls going up to block a focus'd target or to block your team mate from getting heals.
    I misread your intention in your last post. I was thinking you meant so your heals could LoS.

Legitimate mistake on my part.

By the way, I am in agreement with the rest of your post, I think it would be intentionally abused for that reason.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

there needs to be major reflects and absorbs added to this game to bring back some skill.

for instance all range damage is reflected back at the player for 4 secs 1 min cd. this would give melee a chance, can be purged. this would also adds some skill to the game for range. the same could be done for range with cds like inq heal or rangers diffuse. help increase ttk and add some skill to pvp. the only cds you really need to track are healer/dom cds and a few dps ones like posion malace. there needs to be more to the game.

then you could have absorbs all heals for 5 secs same deal.

timing these cds and making sure you arent attacking during these cds would be huge.

melee needs a reason and a way to get involved when its zerg vs zerg. right now they are outnumbered by range players probably 3 to 1 which only makes the problem worse.

the reason why heal debuffs didnt work pre sl was because they were all passive. way to much of this game is passive now. add more cd based defensive abilities to add to the give and take that is MMO pvp
    Last edited by dday; 01-24-2014 at 11:26 AM.

there needs to be major reflects and absorbs added to this game to bring back some skill.

for instance all range damage is reflected back at the player for 4 secs 1 min cd. this would give melee a chance, can be purged. this would also adds some skill to the game for range. the same could be done for range with cds like inq heal or rangers diffuse. help increase ttk and add some skill to pvp. the only cds you really need to track are healer/dom cds and a few dps ones like posion malace. there needs to be more to the game.

then you could have absorbs all heals for 5 secs same deal.

timing these cds and making sure you arent attacking during these cds would be huge.

melee needs a reason and a way to get involved when its zerg vs zerg. right now they are outnumbered by range players probably 3 to 1 which only makes the problem worse.
    Reflects or move the Tempest buff ES much lower. I like the idea of ES being moved because its passive and there is already enough to do as melee.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast