+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 49
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Ranged damage too strong

  1. #1
    Ascendant Jeffreys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,680

    Default Ranged damage too strong

    Flashback to October:
    Melee players say, "Ranged damage is too strong!!!"

    November:
    Tempests get buffed with extremely large burst every 15 seconds, at range.

    January:
    Many of the same melee players say, "Tempest is fine!!!"

    Isn't that funny?
    @Deepwood and elsewhere
    - Hello Kitty -* Plinka *
    And The Littles
    McBaddie * Chickabowwow * Bigstaff * Bighat * Beergut
    Littlehealz * Littletop * Fireballa * Freedomfries

  2. #2
    Ascendant WhozDat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffreys View Post
    Flashback to October:
    Melee players say, "Ranged damage is too strong!!!"

    November:
    Tempests get buffed with extremely large burst every 15 seconds, at range.

    January:
    Many of the same melee players say, "Tempest is fine!!!"

    Isn't that funny?
    Funny? No.

    Ironic? Yes.
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

    Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

  3. #3
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,989

    Default

    Sounds about right to me.

  4. #4
    Ascendant Kronos v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffreys View Post
    Flashback to October:
    Melee players say, "Ranged damage is too strong!!!"

    November:
    Tempests get buffed with extremely large burst every 15 seconds, at range.

    January:
    Many of the same melee players say, "Tempest is fine!!!"

    Isn't that funny?
    many of us aren't saying tempest is fine, we are saying it is necessary.
    this does not mean we like it.

    we'd be happy to see it nerfed... and a lot of other ranged souls nerfed... and a few melee souls buffed.

    but those other nerfs aren't happening. those buffs aren't happening.
    until those happen, tempest is fine as it is, and more balanced than you can admit.

    still OP...but not as OP as all the crying is trying to suggest

    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

  5. #5
    Ascendant WhozDat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    still OP...but not as OP as all the crying is trying to suggest
    Only crying I've seen is that they're one shotting people from lvl 28 and on. Which is totally correct.


    BM is still the funnest thing I've played since old Dom.
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

    Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

  6. #6
    Ascendant Kronos v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,232

    Default

    P.S. when the previous warrior dev was working on the buffs to tempest, with heavy input from many (mostly pure pve) warriors, I was one of the lone voices that stated the work put into tempest was bad for warriors as a class, and in my opinion was valuable developer time wasted that should have been spent on other souls.

    the warrior players share the blame for the current state of tempest, as it is exactly what they asked for (very heavy on the burst) and encouraged/empowered the warrior dev along that path.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

  7. #7
    Ascendant Jeffreys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,680

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    many of us aren't saying tempest is fine, we are saying it is necessary.
    this does not mean we like it.

    we'd be happy to see it nerfed... and a lot of other ranged souls nerfed... and a few melee souls buffed.

    but those other nerfs aren't happening. those buffs aren't happening.
    until those happen, tempest is fine as it is, and more balanced than you can admit.

    still OP...but not as OP as all the crying is trying to suggest
    I'm curious which ranged souls you propose nerfing.
    @Deepwood and elsewhere
    - Hello Kitty -* Plinka *
    And The Littles
    McBaddie * Chickabowwow * Bigstaff * Bighat * Beergut
    Littlehealz * Littletop * Fireballa * Freedomfries

  8. #8
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffreys View Post
    I'm curious which ranged souls you propose nerfing.
    Warlock
    Pyro
    Ele
    Necro
    Dom

    MM
    Ranger
    Sab

    Inqui
    Cab

    As you can see (and Sidvader would agree), mages are the most OP class in PvP at the moment. The only ranged soul that is currently well balanced is Tempest.

  9. #9
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    Nerf NB ranged damage.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

  10. #10
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Nerf NB ranged damage.
    Oh, that was stupid of me..... I forgot that NB ranged damage is out of control, but its melee damage is obviously fine.

    I should also state that Chloro's DPS is completely broken at the moment and should be reduced by at least 43.7%
    Last edited by Tookmyjob; 01-23-2014 at 05:41 PM.

  11. #11
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    I've taken a few good flame thrusts in my day.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

  12. #12
    Ascendant Bliter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    I've taken a few good flame thrusts in my day.
    That sounds really painful, and also personal. TMI
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

  13. #13
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bliter View Post
    That sounds really painful, and also personal. TMI
    If you know what I mean.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

  14. #14
    Ascendant dday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    6,727

    Default

    the only range spec needed to be nerfed is para temp then you need to buff warrior melee to give them a reason to play melee. right now playing wl is for people who dont know how to play range. there is no benefit from playing melee since it takes more damage and pressure healers less than range.

    rogue and cleric and even mage to a lesser extent are rewarded by going melee with healer killers and lol melee damage and utility. when there is good support the player should switch to melee and pressure the other team better currently warrior does not have that.

    inb4 the one time a 60k WL hit you for 20k damage in 1 hit while pulling you and silencing you

  15. #15
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    477

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tookmyjob View Post
    Warlock
    Pyro
    Ele
    Necro
    Dom

    MM
    Ranger
    Sab

    Inqui
    Cab

    As you can see (and Sidvader would agree), mages are the most OP class in PvP at the moment. The only ranged soul that is currently well balanced is Tempest.
    Well played, Sir, well played.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts