+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Storing Healing Stats for PvP

Soulwalker

Default Storing Healing Stats for PvP

One of the things I've noticed about PvP in Rift is that it tends to have very few healers. One of the causes for this, in my opinion, is that there are no stats kept for healing, and because of that there is little encouragement to pursue healing in PvP.

Two stats I think would be nice to keep track of are saves and amount of healing. Anyways, I wont write a long exposition on it, but I would like to hear what other people think.

Healing is tracked, but I don't think saves are though
    Even free cost too much now

Quote Originally Posted by Zenren View Post
    One of the things I've noticed about PvP in Rift is that it tends to have very few healers. One of the causes for this, in my opinion, is that there are no stats kept for healing, and because of that there is little encouragement to pursue healing in PvP.

Two stats I think would be nice to keep track of are saves and amount of healing. Anyways, I wont write a long exposition on it, but I would like to hear what other people think.
    Healing is a rarity in general. And this comes from someone who participated in tight run ship guilds for years (ie. a full raid was 24 players and we tried to keep our roster no higher than 27ish players). So when we ran out of a class we really needed replacements. Hands down healers we're always the hardest to find, and on top of that good ones. DPS were consistently always the easiest thing to find and support was probably in the middle. You may have a point that there is less to show for healing at times but, I think it's an MMO thing. Healers have always been harder to come by and find typically. It wouldn't surprise me one bit - I am quite sure any person whose been deep in guild recruiting (for a serious guild) will say finding healers is often the hardest recruiting.

This is why healers are appreciated . And this is also why I used to joke with old eq2 buddies, it was like once you made a healer alt that was going to become your main. Once people knew you had a healer, good luck not being bugged to play your healer if you are actually good . Knew a friend who got sick of nobody wanting his particular DPS class, so he made a cleric and found a guild in no time. Healers have always been high demand.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

you can track heals w/meters just like dps, the top 50 leaderboards (although this doesn't mean a whole lot), and the wf scoreboards. i agree saves would be nice to be able to track though. i always have both dps/total damage and hps/total healing meters up.
    Last edited by ecru; 01-22-2014 at 11:52 AM.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

+ Reply to Thread