+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Melee PvP: Warlord or Shaman

Default Melee PvP: Warlord or Shaman

Hi folks,
    I've recently come back to the game and i'm looking to get back into PvP. The thing is, I've done the ranged thing, i've done the healing thing, but now i'm looking to get into the Melee playstyle. I have both a shaman and a warrior, but i'm having difficulty deciding on which I want to focus on. E.g., warlord or shaman.

Could someone outline the strengths and weaknesses of both, and give their recommendations as to which class you would recommend for solo queue, group queue, etc. Thank you!

Plane Walker

Don't play melee in this game
    Luxie@greybriar
    Healmesloots@deepwood

Rift Disciple

search the posts for "OP"

I have a blast playing my WL, but I have never played sham, so I can not compare the two for you.
    Thondrin - W̶o̶l̶f̶s̶b̶a̶n̶e̶ Derpwood - Warrior - Doing it wrong since 2011 - I melee in CQ

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Najjynn View Post
    Hi folks,
    I've recently come back to the game and i'm looking to get back into PvP. The thing is, I've done the ranged thing, i've done the healing thing, but now i'm looking to get into the Melee playstyle. I have both a shaman and a warrior, but i'm having difficulty deciding on which I want to focus on. E.g., warlord or shaman.

Could someone outline the strengths and weaknesses of both, and give their recommendations as to which class you would recommend for solo queue, group queue, etc. Thank you!
    By far Warlord.

Warlord is better in just about every single way imaginable at the moment.

Except maybe that shaman can subspec into inq and get a purge? or something.
    The only rogue troll who does better with his warrior and plays his warrior more then his rogue.

Kaesola@Deepwood (Formerly Kaesoia/Kaesola@Wolfsbane); Miafereen@Wolfsbane (Formerly Malesh@Laethys)

Plane Walker

WL is very strong atm... but it may well get hit by the nerf bat eventually if the rogues cry hard enough.
    Also you will be the same as 90% of other warriors out there, which may or may not bother you I guess.

Shaman is just frustrating I find. dull to play and utterly feeble without focus heals. Cleric was my original main but ive found it unsatisfying for anything other than healing.

Warrior melee is a challenge which can be its own reward. but with the CC in this game it feels like trying to move through treacle in a pinball machine which is annoying as hell.

Rift Chaser

Shaman is crap for pvp solo, with heal he's devastating.
    WL solo is great, with heal is killer.

Pick WL because shaman is crap.

Hikos is shaking his head right now

Face roll dps that runs out of'energy, can't kill healers and more counters choose wl

Skilled spec that requires support and better melee positioning that will do more st damage by a lot (worse 1v1) and pressure healers choose shaman.

Wl is a good soul but vs good players it's shut down very easily with cc. Shaman requires a lot more heals since wl is way more durable.

Quote Originally Posted by Najjynn View Post
    Hi folks,

Have you done the "dying constantly while being totally ineffective" thing? Well, if that's something you want to try, you're on the right track, and any melee spec will do the job.

Ascendant

Ask Elscenexo about how good WL is. He can solo me in my sent spec within a decent amount of time and claims he does very well against other healers.

WL can be amazing, but lacks utility
    Shaman is probably the highest ST dps spec in the game, but it takes a ton of damage.

It depends on whether you want to rely on a healer.
    Last edited by Tookmyjob; 01-22-2014 at 04:42 AM.

Shamwow

10chr
    Last edited by Tengri; 01-22-2014 at 04:45 AM.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    Hikos is shaking his head right now

Face roll dps that runs out of'energy, can't kill healers and more counters choose wl

Skilled spec that requires support and better melee positioning that will do more st damage by a lot (worse 1v1) and pressure healers choose shaman.

Wl is a good soul but vs good players it's shut down very easily with cc. Shaman requires a lot more heals since wl is way more durable.
    I don't mean any offense by this but I'm wondering what you're doing wrong in wl to bash it so much in comparison to other melee souls. Before horsesock quit he was tearing teams apart in wl, the few times i duo'd with Blestin he did the same.
    Luxie@greybriar
    Healmesloots@deepwood

Shadowlander

Keyword horsesock,
    dont expect anyone to pick it up and do good, people like horsesock duos with other good players to make anything work against the poor pugs.

Warlord is superior by the simple fact people won't whine at you to go heals.
    @Deepwood and elsewhere
    - Hello Kitty -* Plinka *
    And The Littles
    McBaddie * Chickabowwow * Bigstaff * Bighat * Beergut
    Littlehealz * Littletop * Fireballa * Freedomfries

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast